Conundrum

Hard landing in Perris; please post condolences here

Perry, blue skies to you and my sincere condolences to family and friends. I am sure he will be missed by all. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Perry is someone who adds to this world and always leaves you smiling. He's an all around great guy: funny, outgoing, and terribly likeable. I have been fortunate to know him and envy those who know him better I do.

Blue Skies Perry -

My deepest sympathy goes out to Perry’s family and friends. My friend and I were in Perris this past week and stayed in the same bunkhouse with Perry and Julie. I am fortunate to have spent even a small amount of time with Perry. On Saturday evening prior to our departure home, Perry offered me a beverage and we exchanged several stories. It became obvious very shortly after meeting him, that he was a genuinely outgoing, friendly, always smiling, and as mentioned by one of his friends, “in your face” person.
Again, so very sorry for your loss.
Blue Skies Forever,
Dean’O

Jeff,

That picture of Perry made me laugh and cry. It captured the fun person Perry was and makes me think how much all of us are going to miss him.

I only knew him for a year but Perry was the kind of guy that felt like an old friend as soon as you met him. I'm going to miss his raucous laugh and meeting him for lunch when he came into Saskatoon.

He had hoped to do a 4 way flock for his 600th jump before he left on his trip but we never got the weather we needed. I'll be particularly thinking of him on every wingsuit jump I do from now on and hoping he's our "phantom wingman".

I've never heard anybody say a bad word about Perry and that's a legacy few of us will ever have. He was a terrific guy and is going to be sorely missed.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Brad V. and I (from SkydiveChicago) met Perry and Julie that week while we were there. A very happy pair (of friends). Perry was a perpetually happy figure with a loud, contagious laugh. His laugh was a trademark that can never be infringed upon. I will always remember his laugh.
He was so very friendly and outgoing. He didn't seem to have anything to prove, he just enjoyed skydiving as much as he enjoyed life.
I am very saddened that I will never see or jump with him again, I was quite looking forward to it.
Luckily, we have some video of him having his usual great time. We'll put something together and send it off to Canada for his family and friends.
We miss you Perry, and will keep you with us!
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

i want to thank julie as well, you've been wonderful to keep us so faithfully informed and to remain with perry and his mom during such a difficult time. i also want to thank our local skydiving family, this would be impossible for me without their support.

in true prairie skymasters style, here's perry and i grappling (if it isn't obvious, perry was winning).

I've known Perry for about 3 years. He's always been so witty and kind, and very good at keeping in touch despite the miles between us.

We were in California for a week, skydiving as much as we could. We were having a blast and we figured we would have one more jump before having lunch. We were arguing over the difference between Kraft Dinner and Macaroni and cheese, because Perry doesn't like KD and I had succeeded in feeding it to him once before.

I was right behind Perry under canopy when I saw the dust fly. It looked bad but I had no idea what bad really was.

Perry's mom is an exceptional lady and I hope that some of his skydiving friends could provide her with the condolences listed here since she does not have the internet.

This was a sad sad day - Perry's trademark laugh and genuine kindness will be missed.

RIP Perry Mumm,
Luv Juls

I've know Perry and his incredibly unforgettable laugh for a few years now, and his presence will be sorely missed. You could pull up to a boogie, and even in pitch black, know instantly if he was there. Always smiling, ALWAYS laughing, and always a pleasure to be around, and swap stories with over the bonfire.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about this, and my thoughts and prayers are with his family and close friends.

We are a small family here in Canada, and his absense will leave a huge gap.

Its a very, very sad day.
Ned
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Perry's mom is an exceptional lady

As are you Julie.

Thank-you so much for staying with Perry and his family, being strong for them and keeping all of us informed throughout this terrible time. You were given a very difficult task to handle and you did the best anybody could do.

All the best to you,
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Perry you are missed. Our skydiving family gathered the night of your passing to celebrate you. I can hear your wonderful laughter in my head. He was always happy. He was sunshine on a cloudy day. You will be missed by all!!! I know that you will spend your days playing in the sky. My prayers are for Perry's family and Julie in this time of need.

I will hear your laughter in the skies.
Flying, Floating, Falling

Here's a photo taken of Perry after his first jump on his new GTI wingsuit on his last day of jumping in Saskatoon. Great shot of a perpetually smiling, happy guy.

We sure miss you Perry.
--
Murray