GravityGirl

Jump Plane?

in performance yes the 200 is better, but 100:s are available and kinda finished flying passengers and I think a 100 with 50 jumpers would get to altitude in 10 mins or less....

Oh, you're talking about reality. Hell, I could see a 100 actually getting put to work at certain times of the year at some big drop zones. That'd be freaking rad. DO YOU HEAR ME GOD?!?!?!! RAD!!!!!

Er...
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

MATHIAS!!!!!!!!!

You are not allowed to come home without first going to the office and finding out about the fate of the 100s.

You know I'm kidding about not coming home. I couldn't make it an extra day without you.... and Jett has a new bike that you need to teach her to ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

in performance yes the 200 is better, but 100:s are available and kinda finished flying passengers and I think a 100 with 50 jumpers would get to altitude in 10 mins or less....

Tehehe... Load 1.. 10 minute call.. load 2.. 22 minutes call.. Load 3.. 34 minute call..

5 loads an hour, 50 jumpers a load.. Dayum!! Now where do we get 125 up-jumpers that are ready to make 2 loads an hour all weekend long.. :S
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

>Now where do we get 125 up-jumpers that are ready to make 2 loads an hour all weekend long..

WFFC B|

Sounds like Mullins calls. Load 1 now call, Load 2 10 minute call, load 3, 20 minute call, load 4, 35 minutes.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I've actually been thinking about the feasibility of usign a DASH8 for a jumpship for some time. I saw some a while back (when I was BS'ing with some guys about it) for sale in the ball park of $2 mil.

That's about the time the lottery was over 190 million. - I figured if I won, I could surely afford to drop a couple mil on a jumpship - and who cares if it only went up 1/2 full (30 way):)
Edit to add...

BTW: How many do you think you could hang out the door if you put in a step and handrail from the cargo door to the trailing edge of the wing? I'd guess about 15 pretty easy. Do ya think the plane would still fly OK?
illegible usually

From the bombardier web site

The Q100 has the capacity to carry 37 to 39 passengers in a spacious comfort. The pressurized cabin contains wide-body two-by-two seating, stand-up headroom and easy access to the ample overhead bins on both sides of the centre aisle. In addition, the cabin is easily configured from all passengers to all-cargo layouts in as little as 20 minutes.

I'm guessing a half dozen motivated jumpers could remove the seats quicker than this!
illegible usually

hmmm great math roy but You are missing one thing, loading time, it takes the king air 13 minutes from take off until touch down, and still we do 20 minute calls , taxi and loading takes time , I guess that youd be able to do 2.5 loads an hour with the dash 8 - 100
(but on the other hand 50 jumpers is pretty conservative, the airplane could probably do up to 65 or so depending on how much stuff you could strip out from the BOW)

The cargo door that is on the airplane from the factory comes in and up and would probably require very little modification to be jump useable,

Another problem with a Dash 8 would be pilots and training.

But Mongo might like the Dash-8 too.....
Ingen minns en fegis!

Just think if some one does by a use Dash-8. It will probably be one previously used by an airliner. So more than likely the plane will have a bathroom for queasy students to run too.
All(maybe some)Airlines are abandoning their Turbo Props for Regional Jets. So why not- if applicable- use them for sky diving. Soon, I think most of them will be basking in the sun at a BoneYard.
I think a Saab340A might work as a jump ship. It is also a turbo prop, seat around 30 and has a nice size for a cargo door.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=121542
just my opinion

^
^
I threw my confidence out the airplane door years ago.........

You'll be extremely hard pressed to find DZ's that are willing to pay for 2 pilots. Thats one of the problems to the CASA's. The Skyvan's are under the 15000lb weight limit and only need one pilot, Casa's require 2. Thats added cost right off the top that the DZ has to pay for. Not to mention that you have to have a Captian that is type rated on something that large. Most times after you pick up a type rating on something that size you can get a regional job fairly easy.

You'd have to have a large DZ that the DZO is a pilot that wants to get typed in sometihng like that. Larger runways is another issue. There are already some airports that CASA's can't operate out of any they are classified as STOL craft.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com