ladyskydiver

Thursday laugh

Gotta love people!!!! :D

I receive an ICQ message this morning from a man named Alex who goes by "SKYDIVER." His personal message is the usual skydiving disclaimer - you know the one...that it's hazardous to your health.

Well...curiosity got to me...a fellow skydiver...cool. And, I accept the message and start talking with him. First thing he asks me is if I'm interested in skydiving. Now...because something feels off, I ask him if he's ever heard of dropzone.com? He (of course) says that he surfs it once in awhile.

Well...that gets me to ask if he's got a login name or if he's just a lurker - to which he asks me what sign in? hmmm...more and more suspicious.

So I ask how many jumps he has...to which he tells me that he wants to know mine first. No issues there...I tell him. And, then he tells me he has 72 jumps. K...cool...that's more than most people.

I then proceed to ask him what rig he has, what canopies he's jumping, what his home DZ is. No comment on what rig he has, but he's jumping a Stiletto 135 with a wingloading of 1.3 at 72 jumps. And will not say which DZ he jumps at as he's not in the USA.

I mention to him that I looked at his profile and know he's not in the US and still ask what DZ he jumps as as I may "know" someone at his home DZ. His response - military jumps...special forces. :D:D

Ok...so then I ask him if they are static line, HALO, HAHO jumps or ??? And, he said static line jumps with a round. I then ask where he got his training from to transition from static line jumps to free fall? His response:

"I just woke up one morning and decided to do my own thing."

:D:D:D Well...I've had enough playing by now and ask him if he really expects me to believe that he went from static line jumping rounds to an elliptical canopy with no training at all - essentially going from a zero second delay on the round to a 60+ second delay in freefall and no-one taught him stability, etc.?

His response - Yeah. Needless to say, I'd reached my limit, and called B.S. But...entertainment was definitely had. :D:D
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

He just wants to get laid...

~R+R...I'll bet he uses the line,"I'm a skydiver..." all the time...

It doesn't work, trust me.:ph34r::ph34r:

ROFLAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D...

~R+R:)...Lemme guess, trial and error...:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

people constantly trip me out with BSing about jumping, I know exactly squat about SCUBA and I have yet to try and BS my way through it or any other thing like that, you just never know who you are going to talk to and what they know.....

I really love the macho dudes in the single bars who just know every thing about jumpong but with a few well timed/placed questions you can ruin there whole night and frre up a stool at the bar;)

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

whuffos make me laugh....

:D

I don't know... you gotta give him some credit he actually understood some simple terminology, wing loading, equipment names, etc... albiet, a bit off the mark regarding skill level, ability, what not...

Scott

Who has 16 jumps (athough has been accused of having more by far too many people:S) been checking out various types of equipment...B| e.g. Hornet 190, Saber2 190 w/a wing loading of 0.99:1.0 roughly... and wants to get a bit more practice under the current wing (maybe do the 7 steps) before downsizing to a 170...:o

wanna go out sometime ladyskydiver...:D:D:D j/k...:ph34r:

Icon...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

...Lemme guess, trial and error...

more like: trial, error. trial, error. trial, error. trial, error. trial, error. trial, woohoo, no wait, error.:ph34r::ph34r:

:D:D:D:D....Thanks for the laugh!! Now I must go deal with a large amount of small children asking me to buy them things they don't need...:SB|...

~R+R:D...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

All the info that he had could be obtained from talking to other skydivers. They told him what their container/main was, he used that info to tell you. The other people eventually called bs. He moves on to you until you do the same.

The problem with talking to liars is that they become better at lying each time. They learn the limits of their knowledge because we tell them how we busted them. I never tell a liar how I caught them, otherwise I am educating them.

The problem with talking to liars is that they become better at lying each time.

Hell it got me this far...You all think I know how to jump;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I really love the macho dudes in the single bars who just know every thing about jumpong but with a few well timed/placed questions you can ruin there whole night and frre up a stool at the bar

Come on now...you would never bust their bubble, would ya?;)

The problem with talking to liars is that they become better at lying each time.

Hell it got me this far...You all think I know how to jump;)

I look at skydiving competitions the way I look at the Miss America competition. Everyone ignores the talent portion while they wait for the swimsuit part. Talent is unimportant if you look better.

That is why the Muffs always have the superior team t-shirts for 10-way speed. According to my yardstick, we win every year. :)