ChasingBlueSky

Damn Rabbits

I spent all Sunday working in the yard and planting grass. I woke up this morning to find pretty much all of that hard work gone. Apparently there is a family of rabbits in my neighborhood that feasted pretty good last night (my roommate chased them off). Who would have thought that there would be so many damn critters living around Midway Airport. I'm still charging my landlord for all that work.

.22 shorts. They are the same caliber as regular .22s but they don't break the sound barrier (much quieter). That will solve the problem quickley.;)
----------------------------------------
....so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

.22 shorts. They are the same caliber as regular .22s but they don't break the sound barrier (much quieter). That will solve the problem quickley.;)

THESE are even better;)B|

But these are so much more fun.>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Regarding Rabbits:

A controller said to a Cessna, "Twin Cessna 2132B, you're cleared for takeoff on runway 24. Contact departure on 124.2 after liftoff, over." The pilot responded, "Ahhh Tower, this is twin Cessna 32B, we can't takeoff, there's a little rabbit on the runway."
"32B Standby, Rabbit on the runway, you are cleared for takeoff and twin Cessna, you are now cleared for takeoff, caution wake turbulence behind departing rabbit."
"Tower, this is twin Cessna 32B, understand we're cleared for takeoff, and will the rabbit be remaining?"

Who would have thought that there would be so many damn critters living around Midway Airport.

The drive to Midway Airport yields views of many critters.. I am afraid to get out of my car there.. You live there?
You're one brave MoFo Bo.. ;)
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

You're one brave MoFo Bo.. ;)

Shut your mouth! :P

BTW - it depends on which direction you drive once you leave the terminal. I find it interesting they spend millions of dollars cleaning up the terminal and surriounding area, then you have to drive past the projects to get to I-55.

I live west of the airport, which is just a typical bungalow neighborhood on the south side. Now, if I could just get those damn choppers to stop buzzing my apartment lately....

I always find it funny...when I am on the phone with a whuffo, they complain on those rare days when the planes take off in my direction. When I have a skydiver on the phone they get excited and ask me a bunch of questions about it.

Plant marigolds. Rabbits and other critters won't go anywhere near them. Had a garden when I lived in the burbs and ringing it with marigolds worked like a champ.

Interesting idea, but that would look odd in the middle of my front yard.

My dad's family was in the nursery and landscaping business for years. I've heard them recommend sprinkling crushed up monthballs around the perimeter to cure unwanted critter problems.

My aunt used to go postal every time deer would get into her meticulously manicured lawn and flowerbeds. My dad did the mothball thing for her yard and the deer went elsewhere. I dont know if it'll deter the rabbits but its worth a shot I guess.*shrug*

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

doesn't this belong to the speaker's corner ??
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

All you need to do is get some blood meal and some bone meal. Not only is it nitrogen rich to stimulate plant growth but it tends to scare animals away.

2 med Rabbits
8 cup Water
1/2 tbl Salt
1/2 tbl Freshly-ground black pepper
1/2 cup Cooked corn
2 sm Onions chopped
5 sm Potatoes quartered
1/2 cup Diced tomatoes
1/2 lb Salt pork
1/4 tbl Butter

Instructions: Bring water to a boil in a heavy pot. Add rabbit, salt and pepper. Bring back to boil and add corn, onion, tomatoes and salt pork. Cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour. Add potatoes and cook 45 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Mix flour and butter into paste, and stir into stew. Simmer about 20 minutes.

Go you big red fire engine