Shotgun

Cloning myself...

Ok, so I'm having a bit of fun with my camera today and decided to clone myself... (picture attached) :D

I had to make the picture really small to fit on here, but if you want to see the QTVR version of it, click here. (Warning - it's a 750KB file and you need Quicktime to view it.)

Oh, and I don't usually sit around taking pictures of myself :), but I had no one else to model for me... (I'm accepting volunteers though. ;))

Can I have one of you?:P

Sure, I guess there is enough to go around now. ;)

Wow, if only I really had that many extra selves - maybe I could get a lot more done! Or maybe if I wasn't sitting around taking goofy pictures I could get a lot more done. :D

Hey I don't need the original (I'm not that fussy). But seeing as you have a few spare cloned versions of you lying around, do you think you can send me one? ;)

Ok, I'll send you one too... But you know what they say - Be careful what you wish for! >:(:D:D:ph34r:

WOW Keely! that is so cool girl! you are so talented -- your personality is so fun B|!

and BTW: i LOVE your sig line! i am a HUGE From Dusk Til Dawn fan :: that movie has the sexiest table dance ~ salma hayek Rocks!!!

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Thanks. I normally do that stuff (QTVR) to make virtual tours for realtors, but I'm trying to find some more interesting stuff to do with it (other than just boring pictures of houses!)

Just a suggestion; try staging a conversation with yourself. Or have one of you talk and a few others listening intently.:ph34r:
Man, I sure have a talent for finding other things to do when I should be studying...

And I love From Dusk Til Dawn too. Actually, it's probably my favorite movie... As many times as I've watched it, it has me rolling on the floor laughing every time! :D:)

LOL ~ ME Too ~ i especially laugh at Q.T.! his character is morbid-hilarious!!

oh and something else i forgot to mention: your home and yard are Beautiful! it's so pretty and nicely groomed! your grass and flowers are so Pretty :)

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

So are you going to let me into the secret of how you did this? Can anyone use a standard digital camera and tripod or do you need fancy 180 degree lenses or something? If it is a really really simple process that everyone else takes for granted, feel free to use words like "ass" and "dumb" in your reply!!
Cheers!!

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

You can do it with a standard camera and tripod, but I use a panoramic head on my tripod which makes it a lot easier. I'm only using a 28mm lens (stitching 18 pictures together), but if you wanted to take any shots with much action in them then you would need a wider lens so you could take fewer shots. (I'd like to get a fisheye lens eventually.) I use a program called Panorama Factory to stitch the pictures.

This website has lots of good info about panoramic photography, if you're interested...
http://www.panoguide.com/

:)
Edited to say: Oh, and it helps a LOT to have a camera with the exposure lock function!

I may have to play around with that some day whe I'm feeling particularly narcissistic!!

Hey now! Are you calling me narcissistic??? >:(:P:D

I was only taking pictures of myself because I have no friends to take pictures of. :(:D (Normally I just use this stuff to make virtual tours of homes for sale.)

I'd like to take some 360 pictures at the dz sometime (or the windtunnel would be cool), but I really need a wider lens for that... unless I can get everyone to hold still for a few minutes. :D

Hey now! Are you calling me narcissistic??

Of course!! We're all skydivers here, we know that when there is a camera involved "It's all about ME"!!! And who needs friends when you have a dozen of yourself there to play with!;)

A friend does similar work making virtual tours of bars and clubs etc. He uses a 180 degree lens so only needs 2 photos per room......pretty funky stuff!

Don't you just love the toys we have to play with these days!!?:D

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."