ACMESkydiver

The freakiest sh*t I ever saw (paranormal)...

Ok, so our poor bewildered WrongWay and his way-out-there incident today had me wondering...so what's the craziest sh*t you ever saw? I mean surreal stuff? Like 'Hand of God' or no WAY this could have happened stuff?

Me, I've had a few to be sure...but this one sticks out:

I'm driving my mom and I to some place, and I have to take an on-ramp to get from one freeway to the next. This onramp was on the left hand side and had a severe curve to it, and you're immediately dumped into the left hand lane of the next freeway...

So we're on this on ramp and I had enough speed coming into the corner to get in front of a semi I saw coming in the left lane of that freeway I was about to merge onto.

The on-ramp had just one narrow lane going right onto the freeway, and the semi suddenly hit the gas, and we were about to merge right into the side of it with absolutely no outs...my mom and I both screamed...

Suddenly, we are on the other side of the truck!! Neither of us had closed our eyes, and neither of us knew how we got from being completely boxed in on the left side of this semi, to completely free and clear on the right side of the semi..mid-truck, no less!!! :o:o

Under? Nope, car was too tall...:o around the end? Nope, we never saw the back of the truck...in front? Huh-uh. it was ahead of us the whole way. We looked at each other and both said, "HOW???" :o

So what's your freaky story?
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

So what's your freaky story?

Well I met this guy that had a chopchop nickname, and..... :D

Not that kind of freaky, Lany!! >:( (Where's the rolling eyes when you need it? :P:D;)) Jus' kiddin'...:D:D:D

LMAO!!! :D:D

Since PlayThing's posts have threatened to kill my thread, I'll add more...:ph34r:

I was having this weird day dream for a week or two about being in the Army (which I was, not unusual to dream about it) and in combat (which I wasn't). I had the feeling of a bullet going through my torso and my left leg. WEIRD! :o:P So I forget about it...

A week later a new Loan Officer joins our group at work. We get to talking, and giong over strategies, and I find out some things about him...he served in the Rangers with my husband! :o Not too terribly strange I guess, as we still live near the post...but then a few weeks later I find that in combat he had been shot in the chest, and in the lower left leg. :| The combat situations were not identical; in my dream I was escaping, and in his incidents, he was going in. Still crazy shiot. :S
~Jaye

there's an abandoned graveyard in the middle of the woods outside of Z-Hills. Supposedly, one of the graves belongs to a witch. The stone is in two pieces, a large stone block with a several hundred pound stone cross on top. Let me remind you that this yard is abandoned and extremely overgrown, and in the middle of nowhere. If you push the cross off of the block, you can come back the next day and it will be righted.I know personally that it works. Upon pushing the cross from the block, I was overcome completely and totally with an almost paralyzing fear. After several seconds, I broke free and started to run. Even though I knew it was there and saw it, I could not stop myself from running into the old rusty barbed wire surrounding the yard.
I was severly cut up, and tanged in the wire. I finally got free, and I ran.
We came back early the next day, and the cross was back on the stone where I had pushed it from.
I didn't sleep well for the next several days.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

I performed telekinesis...

I did a brief period of shift work for a few weeks, 12 hours on, 12 hours off, 6PM to 6AM. The colleague I was alternating shifts with was sleeping in the same house at that time in another room, and his alarm clock sounded exactly like mine.
After just a few hours sleep I was awoken Monday morning at 5AM by what sounded like my alarm clock. Of course, it was my colleagues alarm clock in the other room.
Anyhow, at that instant of wakening, I felt an abosolute sense of rage towards that sound and spun around in my bed to face my alarm clock, which was 15 feet away from me on a desk at the opposite end of the room. I watched, and heard the clattering noise, as the clock flew backwards about 12 inches, flipping over and impacting against the wall behind the desk. The clock did not break and still worked fine after the incident. My only witness heard the clock hit the wall but, of course, did not see it.
There is no possible way for me to explain what I saw. I am quite sure I didnt throw anything at it and also sure that it was no dream.
Combined with the bizarre and intense emotion of that moment, I believe to this day that I made that clock move.

there's an abandoned graveyard in the middle of the woods outside of Z-Hills. Supposedly, one of the graves belongs to a witch. The stone is in two pieces, a large stone block with a several hundred pound stone cross on top.

If it belonged to a witch, why was there a cross? :| There are 2 readily acceptable definitions of the term 'witch' that I know of...the first, being a follower of Satan, and the other being of the Wiccan, Pagan religion...neither would allow a cross in their religions.

Cool though, maybe she was persecuted for being a witch but she really wasn't...that would make sense with wanting the cross to remain intact? Oooh, interesting! :)
~Jaye

this one time in the army during a tng exercise, i was walking alone from one co's assembly area to another's, which were about 1km apart. it was lightly wooded with tall pines and enough moonlight to see fairly clearly.

all of a sudden i hear what sounded to be a large dog running in the distance and then running toward me. i couldn't see him yet but i could tell he was coming at me, and fast. i knew i'd see him soon, so i crouched to defend myself. then it sounded like he was right on top of me and running circles around me. at that point, i know i shoulda been able to see him, but he wasn't there. very loud. then he growled and i'm thinking 'great, this dog's gonna f'n bite me and i can't even see him'. then he barked loudly once, and then at that moment all the sound stopped. he still wasn't there. the whole thing lasted about 10 seconds. i immediately sat down and was stunned trying to register it all.

nothing that freaky has ever happened to me before or since. it's puzzled me for years. i'm naturally skeptical about strange reports like this, and still believe most or all of it is crap. but when something like that happens to you, you know at least it happened to you. and i kinda wish it hadn't.

i share this story, taking the risk that you'll think i'm a f'n lunatic. but then for a while sitting there, i thought i was.

This didn't happen to me but happened to a friend. He was working close in a restaurant so it was about 11 pm. As he was getting on his motorcycle he heard one of those nagging voices in your head that said "You won't make it home tonight" He kinda blew it off got on the bike and headed home. Awhile down the road the same voice told him again "You won't make it home tonight" Again he kind of blew it off. As he was approaching a hill in the road the voice came back and started counting "10, 9, 8, 7...." and as it is counting he starts slowly rolling off the throttle. Gets to zero and nothing, just as he's starting to accelerate his vision greys out. What had happened was a deer jumped out of the ditch in front of him so close his eyes couldn't focus on it. Just barely missed it. Had he not rolled off the throttle when the voice was counting he would have hit it broadside. Pretty freaky shit.
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

i share this story, taking the risk that you'll think i'm a f'n lunatic. but then for a while sitting there, i thought i was.

Hey man, I can't explain everything on this planet and I don't try to. And I don't discount other peoples' happenings. The stuff I talked about above I actually haven't spoken with anyone else about before. Just wondering what other amazing stuff other people have seen.

And f*ck 'em if they don't believe any of it.
~Jaye

there's an abandoned graveyard in the middle of the woods outside of Z-Hills. Supposedly, one of the graves belongs to a witch. The stone is in two pieces, a large stone block with a several hundred pound stone cross on top.

If it belonged to a witch, why was there a cross? :| There are 2 readily acceptable definitions of the term 'witch' that I know of...the first, being a follower of Satan, and the other being of the Wiccan, Pagan religion...neither would allow a cross in their religions.

Cool though, maybe she was persecuted for being a witch but she really wasn't...that would make sense with wanting the cross to remain intact? Oooh, interesting! :)

Ok not that I belwive any of this shite BUT.
With regards to the "witch" being buried under a cross, if the gravyard is old and abandoned there are several reasons why a cross might be above the witch.
1stly the witch is dead and has NO say over what is placed on the grave.
2ndly those who burried the witch, may well have not beleived in witchcraft and chose to give the witch a religious burial
3rdly if those that buried the witch exorcised the "demons" (:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:) within the witch 1st then the cross could also be explained
4thly theres hundreds more reasons for it.:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ok not that I belwive any of this shit

I'll be more than happy to take you out there...

Excellant it's a date.
I'll be in ZHills in January. Look me up I'd LOVE to go out and check it.:)I dig this sort of stuff (although I don't believe it) it does fasinate me:)
Seriously I'll be in Z Hill in Jan around the 10th or so, We'll make a day trip of it:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If anyone is going to suffer some embarrassment, it may very well be me. Here are a few of my stories.........the mild ones at least.

- As a sick boy (age anywhere from 6 to 8) with a really bad case of the flu or something similar - I prayed really hard asking God to help me feel better. When I opened my eyes, I saw figures of what I then perceived as angels......all dressed the same......purple robes. The apperitions "ms?" faded within a few seconds.......I began to feel better, much better and was out of bed within an hour playing as a young boy does.

- At the age of 17, my uncle, my mother's brother, passed away with cancer in his 40's. My mother and my uncle shared an extremely close bond basically all of their lives.......they were extremely close to one another. Within a week, maybe less, I was awakened during the night as I was sleeping lightly anyway. My bedroom was across the hall from my parent's room. I don't know why, but I looked into my parents room and saw my uncle standing by the side of the bed looking at my mother sleep.

- At the age of 17, working a construction job that summer, I experienced two things at the house we were building that were also witnessed by the rest of the crew. We were laying out "wall plates" for the 2 X 4 studs to be nailed onto to construct the 2nd floor exterior wall for the rear of the house. The rear of the house, where we were, was the equavilent "ms?" of three stories as the rear of the basement was completely dug out and concrete poured as a patio "floor". These "plates" were much longer than the average 2 X 4 used as studs. When I was placing one down at the edge of the floor, an end was falling off the house and stupidly I held on to the other end while standing on the edge. The swinging/falling 2 X 4 pulled my body off and away from the house with my feet actually having left the floor. Out of the "blue" it felt as if a pair of hands grabbed me on the back of the shirt and placed me back on the floor. The rest of the crew stood there speechless and in disbelief in what they just witnessed.

- At that same house, after the framing was completed, drywalling was done.....the interior doors were hung.........I would walk toward these doors and they would open for me and close behind me........that happened several times that day. Not only was the crew speechless this time, they were spooked and so was I.

- At the age of 17, I became a believer.

- At the age of 24, I was a young soldier whose name came up on the "duty roster" to be on perimeter guard that night in the field. Things were quiet (very peaceful), the air was crisp and the stars out. It was a beautiful night/morning. Approximately at 2:00 a.m. 0200 hours or a little thereafter, I felt something looking at me from behind - a presence - I quickly, holding my M-16, swung around and dropped to one knee, there I saw - just a few feet away from me - a WWII era soldier, with his rifle, leaning on a tree smiling at me. Once I looked at the "soldier" I felt a peace like I have never experienced in my life. A few seconds later, he faded away.

- I'm guessing I was at the age of 31 or 32, still as a soldier but as an NCO, I was returning "home" after a period of TDY "Temp Duty" out of State......approximately a 1000 miles away. My mode of travel chosen was POV "personally own vehicle" as the purpose of my travel was not that of a tactical nature.....for a change lol. I was anxious to see my wife and kids and decided to drive straight through stopping for only gas and coffee........I've done this before on a couple of other occasions with no problems. I had been driving all day and all that night......it was between 2:00 and 4:00 in the morning and I was having a difficult time staying awake. After having fought it long enough, I prayed asking God to help me stay awake, become more alert, stay safe and make it home. I then (well, I never really took my eyes off the road) saw a figure standing on the hood of my truck......this figure either resembled an angel or a beautiful young lady (from rear view), leaning to the front a bit looking down the highway as if leading me. I was then fully alert and continued seeing this figure for a few miles. The angel or "woman" was wearing a robe(s) purple and white....whatever the other article was and "she" had long hair, blowing in the wind.........I could see right through her as she was transparent......I was then fully awake and alert.

There are many things that happen to people.......things that defy explanation.....things we may never know.

:P

alright, I'll get my uncle to show me how to get back out there again, as it's waaaay back in the woods. We'll go at night, for the extra ambiance.
I really don't believe in this type of bullshit either, and if I hadn't been there myself, I'd call someone a liar for telling me this story.
The stone being put back up really isn't the thing that made the impression on me. 2 or 3 healthy fellows could put it back. It was the immediate feeling of sheer, unadulterated,panic, the likes of which I had never felt before, that really got me.
There was really no reason for it, and I can't explain it. It's not like I was a little kid when this happened. I was pretty close to 18 or 19 years old.
I hadn't been drinking either.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Dude you should see some of the graveyard pics skydiverbc has. They're pretty interesting. B|

I have had a fascination with vampires for a very long time. I did a lot of hardcore research on almost every cultures version of it, even visited many tombs and "attack sites". Well, one attack site was in New Orleans in 1984 (or 83, I'd have to double check, pretty sure it's 84, anyway). Just in front of the Ursuline Convent.

First lemme give you the history on this convent. New Orleans was originally a colony of convicts when France filled up all their prisons (figures :P). So here were a bunch of guys (who were murderers, rapists, thieves, etc) in a swamp with no women. Soooo, France let's a bunch of female prisoners go there too (prostitutes mostly). Now let's say you have three murderers and a female in a room, what's gonna happen? They're gonna kill each other for the woman. So they need more chicks in NO. ;) Wonderful French thinking again, they build this convent, which to all the rich folks, this place was like sending your kids to Harvard. Well, because of the mortality rate, the little rich girls (being sent to the "New World" for cheap, sounds good doesn't it? B|) had to bring their own coffins. There were rumors floating about that these coffins were part of a conspiracy by the Catholic church, and contained vampires. In fact, the rumor was so strong that en route to America, they were circled 3 times by would-be raiders until they realized what ship it was (and when pirates turn down a boatload of rich daddy's girls, you know they're scared ;)). Anyway, the ship arrives, yada yada yada, and the coffins are unloaded into the attic of the convent. Now this attic has a bunch of shutters on the outside. Rumor has it that to keep the vampires from escaping, 15 blessed screws were used to hold them shut and keep them at bay (if you look in the attached pic, the shutters are closed as always). Likewise, NOBODY in that convent is allowed to enter the attic to this day. Only those in high power in the Catholic Church are permitted, and that means nobody in that entire convict has authority to unlock those doors.

Now that you have that background info, here's the story.

A couple of female assistants for some paranormal investigators (who were working in a house across the st, old mafia killing) were standing in front of the convent in the middle of the night, trying to see the shutters close enough to see the "blessed screws" (which they couldn't, there's a big ass iron gate surrounding the place and it's locked at night). Long story short, they were both found the next day dead and drained of blood. Here's the freaky part. The coroners report stated that the blood was extracted by some kind of suction through a small slit near the shoulder blade on each victim. The coroners report also stated that the blood vessels did not collapse which is, and I quote from the report, "physically impossible". That on top of the fact that there was no sign of struggle from either of them, and you have yourself an interesting piece of history. Oh, and don't forget this was only 20 years ago, NOT in a time of witchcraft and wizardry, but in a time where medical science was just as recognized as today.

Not bad, eh? ;)

Edited to add: And for freaky shit I saw, you should see the inside of a mausoleum after it's been used a few times.....yes I said a few times. :S;)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

One time I was in the post office buying some stamps from a machine. I dropped one of the nickles and it bounced on the tile floor a few times.

The dang thing landed on it's edge. I looked around to see if there was a camera in the lobby but there wasn't. Bummer.

Ok, not sure if this counts, but here's one of my stories.....I was walking home from a pub I had met some friends at earlier in the night (walking down bayshore, for those that know Tampa). I'd had 2 or 3 beers, not much compaired to my usual case or so on my regular nights out. Anyway, it's about 1:30am and I see a dark figure sitting on a parkbench on the side of the sidewalk, I think, no big deal, just some dude hanging around....as i get closer I still can't make out "his" face (I'm trying hard to figure out if I'm gonna make it outta there without getting robbed). It comes to the point where I'm about 2 feet from "him" and I still can't see "his" face, then all of a sudden "he" turns "his" head torwards me and all I see is a void. Not even black, just nothing, and I felt more physically scared and sick than I've ever felt before. The best way I could describe it was looking at pure evil, I really have no other explanation. I don't know what it was (imagination, just me being dumb, etc.), but I tell you what.....nothing scares me anymore. I ran like a little girl for a good .25 mile and nothing else happened the rest of the walk home.

I just typed out a few of my stories, my computer crashed and I'm too lazy to start again! >:(

This is a link to an aweosme site with some good stories on it. http://theshadowlands.net/ (hope the clicky works!). I have to go out, if I can be bothered when I get back I'll post some of my stories.
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store