Viking

Does anyone else really Like the New 05 Mustang design?

Sheet metal did'nt change between the 67's and 68's. They are 98% the same car.

69' Mach 1 is just plain sexy as hell, but a '66 GT350H is'nt bad to look at either ;)GT500KR's, Boss 302's and Boss 429's... the days where too much HP was just enough.

67-70's all are in my fav's. Shanido and Shelby are just plain geniuses B|

Funny story about the GT350h, Hertz actually quit renting them after people started to actually rent them, take them to the drag strip and won. There "rent-a-racer" program was just a tad too successful. :D
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I think it's nice. I've always prefered the American approach to automotive design.
There's definitely something aestheticaly appealing to me about those "squared-off" body shapes, as opposed to the sharp&flat or heavily rounded shapes of many French and Italian designs.
I also like the simplistic American approach to increased power.. more cubic inches!

By far the most ugly thing about that new Mustang is those secondary headlamps mounted in the front grille. Maybe they keep with traditional styling, but it still looks really ugly to have them there.

Edit to Add:
Ok, after seeing the pics in skydivingchad's post I've changed my mind. The Mustang ass looks like... well, a horse's ass. I dont want one anymore. [:/]

Funny story about the GT350h, Hertz actually quit renting them after people started to actually rent them, take them to the drag strip and won. There "rent-a-racer" program was just a tad too successful. :D

Bingo! I work for Hertz and got to travel to our HQ in Park Ridge, NJ last year. There, in the lobby are a mint condition Model-T and a GT350h....the "h" stands for Hertz. It was in the original black with yellow stripes. The license tag plate on the back had a frame that said "Hertz Rent-A-Racer" on it.B|

Hertz lost several of those cars over a couple of years due to people taking them out, racing them, and wrecking them / destroying the engines. :ph34r:

They're still a pretty big collectors item and one of the guys here at the datacenter I work at is in the middle of restoring one he found.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Looks like the front of a '99 celica with the ass of an Audi TT. I vote horse shit.

I yahoo'd a 99 Celica cause I couldn’t remember what they looked like and I came up with this:

"DROPZONE springs are true performance lowering springs, not just a shorter stock spring. They are designed the way performance springs should be, with the correct spring rate and ride height for each specific application."

Hmmmm...DROPZONE springs found because of a search due to a thread on dropzone.com? Coincidence?!?!? I think not! Is this in fact a conspiracy between some of the members of DZ.com and the Toyota community? I'm sure it is...now I know that there was a 3rd man on the grassy knoll!;):P:D:D

BTW--I don't think the Mustang looks anything like a Celica from the front, don't know about the back though cause I didn't want to dig up any other conspiracies.:P

Oz

In person they look fantastic! Back in June my wife and I were in Yellowstone and what do I see pulling up while we were stopped for lunch....4 2005 Mustangs all different colors, 2 of them were GT's.
These guys from Ford were out driving around the country testing these cars out, all sorts of sensors and computers hooked up to them inside and out.

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
Pelt Head #3

I'm greatly amused, yet somehow in fear for my life at the same time. I know, I'll take refuge in this nudie bar...

Edit: sorry about the out-of-sequence reply, blame my refresh button for not doing its job...

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

I'm greatly amused, yet somehow in fear for my life at the same time. I know, I'll take refuge in this nudie bar...

Good place for you, and not a place that would be appropriate for her.

Well, I guess there are "plus size" fetishes out there. :P
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

By far the most ugly thing about that new Mustang is those secondary headlamps mounted in the front grille. Maybe they keep with traditional styling, but it still looks really ugly to have them there.

The "fog lights" are there to pay homage to the 1967 Shelby GT 500.

I for one think the the car was well thought out to bring out the styling from all generations of mustangs.

I have already ordered one after owning a 1965, 1985, and 1995 respectively.

IMHO the Mustang is the true oppitomy of the american muscle car. (ready to get flamed by the GTO, Chevelle, Camaro, Charger fans:P

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Epitome of the pony car? Sure. Muscle car? No way.

Muscle cars were purpose built, stripped down versions of regular sedans with monster engines whose only mission in life was to go very, VERY fast in a straight line.

The Mustang, much like the Corvette, started out with very little real world horsepower. It was jacked up by Shelby, which is a whole 'nother beast/story.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I would rather walk and carry 4 1964 Chrysler Hubcaps than be caught in a Ford (especially a Mustang!);)

Maybe old classic Chryslers are decent, but I strongly feel that the Chrysler/Plymouth brand has been absolute shit for about the last 20 years or more. Think back to the Reliant K, the LeBaron (all of them in the '80s and '90s), the Laser, the Horizon TC3...which had the climate control left of the steering wheel (whose brilliant idea was that?!)...

The other night I was at Walmart and there was a couple getting their stuff into the trunk of their Chrysler somethingorother... The guy had to remind the woman to hold the trunk up, because (even though the car was no more than 3 years old) the shitty design results in the failure of the trunk lid suspension (usually cheap-ass pistons, like those found on many crappy cars, like Pontiacs). I'm sorry, there is no excuse for a car to be made so cheaply that whatever type of device is supposed to hold the trunk or hood open, it fails in a few years.

And how about the common Chrysler condition -- you've all seen it -- of those cataracted, yellowed headlight lenses?! No other car brand has that happen the way theirs do.

Now, about the new Mustang. I agree it is a nice looking car. I like the return to the old-style front end, especially. I'm glad they finally ditched that awful-looking angular style with all the edges. Does this car also have the ridiculous fake fairings and "vents" and "scoops" like the recent generations did? Why make it fake when you could make it functional?! I just don't have faith in Ford's manufacture and materials, either. Too many recalls I remember hearing about in their history. (Yes, I know, ALL manufacturers have recalls.) And I've been in people's Mustangs (and other Fords) and felt how tinny, rattly and cheap all the plastic interior appointments, switches and dials felt. NO confidence in them. Sorry.

Blue skies,
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

To back up what I said about American cars -- particularly Mustangs and Trans Ams -- being a lot of fluffy shit with nothing quality to back them up, I cite this passage from the linked Ford website:

"Mustang boasts an overall ride sophistication unmatched by any of its ancestors."

Well DUH. Talk about your typical marketing bullshit!: anything less than "unmatched by its ancestors" would mean "not as good as it's been in the past!" Sort of like when you go buy PopTarts and the box says, "NOW, better taste than ever!" Of course it better be the best taste ever! Why on earth would you make them taste not as good as they did at some time in the past?!

Blue skies,
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I absolutely hate it!! I love the 2004 body style and can't wait to get mine!! :)

I was just at the assembly plant on Friday -it is being built along with the mazda6 at Flatrock MI. If you like the 2004 bodystyle better you will be in the minority - there is no comparison - I'll bet the factory will have trouble building enough of them!

rm

Love the stlye that brings back the good looks B|rather than the weak AMC Pacer front end style that has been plagueing it right thru to 2004.B|