moretole

Rockin sounds in freefall!

ok, I don't have much experience and there are probably loads of reasons why this is a bad idea, but what about this...

You hook up a small mp3 player to an audible altimeter so that once it detects freefall, it starts playing your favorite music track! Full face needed with integrated headphones and have to cut off music when audible warnings trigger or you deploy.

Just like a skydiving vid on every jump!

I used to jump with a mp3 player sometimes. It as kinda cool, I could hear it in freefall even with my open face Mindwarp helmet.

Basically I realized how much damage I must be doing to my ears due to how freak'n loud it had to be to hear it, that it wasn't worth it. Not only that, but it was a hassle and I have more important things besides music when I'm in the air...like paying attention to the skydive I'm on.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I used to jump with a cassette deck occasionally. I found it was more trouble than it was worth in free fall, but it was a lot of fun listening to Danger Zone from Top Gun, under canopy.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

its an interesting idea... instead of a normal audible that makes noises when you get to pull time, instead it would stop making noises when its pull time.
although it would kinda suck hearing only 45 seconds of your favorite songs

MB 3528, RB 1182

I've taken my iPod along on cross-country jumps and full-alt hop-n-pops and it does make things fun.

But for freefall or BirdMan? No thanks. I have too many other things going on to enjoy than be distracted by some muffled sound.:)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

its an interesting idea... instead of a normal audible that makes noises when you get to pull time, instead it would stop making noises when its pull time.
although it would kinda suck hearing only 45 seconds of your favorite songs

I think it was the Golden Knights that had audibles that played the music that would be playing during their demos, to help them sync their routines to the music.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.