justchrisdsp

how much have you sold

I could be spending $500/month on jump tix, but I'd like to retire at age 50, so that cash goes to investments...I guess I'm not as addicted to jumping as others are...No biggie...

hmmmm...

DrunkMonkey

Jumps: 220

License: C 33161

In sport: 4 years

Yea I believe you... too bad.

Chris

I could be spending $500/month on jump tix, but I'd like to retire at age 50, so that cash goes to investments...I guess I'm not as addicted to jumping as others are...No biggie...

hmmmm...

DrunkMonkey

Jumps: 220

License: C 33161

In sport: 4 years

Yea I believe you... too bad.

Chris

What's your point? Or are you auditioning for the role of "Skygod?"

Hmm.. let's see. War on terror kinda kinked my schedule, I paid out of pocket for my MBA, I went on several once-in-a-lifetime vacations, and got my pilot's license.. [sarcasm]Yeah... too bad [/sarcasm]

Gee, lemme apologize for having a well-rounded life...

I traded a nice set of golf clubs to the DZO to put myself through part of AFF. As it turns out I probably couldn't have made the Senior Tour when i turned 50 anyway:)
Other than that, Everything i have spent on skydiving has come from working overtime.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

I guess I'm lucky then

No, you just haven't realized that there is so much more to life than skydiving.

I don't know what is with all the hostility I'm getting from you and DrunkenMonkey. Excuse me for enjoying the sport. I hope some day to be as worldly as you.:S

It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice.

i think its all about what you value in life, i personally live with my parents, im still in school to get a bs in nursing, and i jump with my dad, but recently i sold a bunch of stuff to help my dad pay for my rig, while i understand that people have different priorities for things to do my main priority is 1st school and 2nd jumpin with my father, i feel that i would give up almost anything for those jumps with my dad(however unpretty they might be). i believe that living life is an individual thing, while you do need other people in your life the value of your life is solely up to you, i forget who but one of yall posted about traveling with your daughter, im sureyou would sell every object you owned that was worth money for that experience, i would gladly give up everything i own for those kind of experiences with my father, there shouldnt be people trying to tell others that there is more to life than skydiving, to you there may be, to others there might not, to me there is my family, my family just happens to be in skydiving, and by family i dont just mean those directly related to me, i mean those that i see every weekend at the dz and who, at least at skydive al, would do anything to help each other, thats why i can justify hocking personally useless things to jump. but i understand how it is different for other people

The only bad skydive is your last!
chris "sonic wookie" harwell
Piedra-belluda-roja Rodriguez

I guess I'm lucky then

No, you just haven't realized that there is so much more to life than skydiving.

I don't know what is with all the hostility I'm getting from you and DrunkenMonkey. Excuse me for enjoying the sport. I hope some day to be as worldly as you.:S

Not hostile, bro. :)

I sold my shitty electric bass and amp. Only got about $200 for it, but it was what I needed to put myself over the top for a rig and I had hardly played it in a year anyway. I would have ended up selling anyway it just because it took up too much space in my dorm.

well said guys! I haven't sold anything yet, but I have been thinking about pawning off my old French violin w/ ivory-handled bow in order to help pay for my first rig. The only prob is my dad wants to keep the violin in the family for his grandkids to play ( which he doesn't have any yet). I think selling things is a great way to come up w/ jump $, I personally am not materialistic and want to live more of a hippie/gypsy-type of lifestyle. Who wants to have a lot of possessions anyway? I will have clothes, a cell phone, and a few things here and there, but I would rather have money to travel and skydive than own a bunch of stuff that I can't take with me when I die.
:)
Sarah

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

i think its all about what you value in life, i personally live with my parents, im still in school to get a bs in nursing, and i jump with my dad, but recently i sold a bunch of stuff to help my dad pay for my rig, while i understand that people have different priorities for things to do my main priority is 1st school and 2nd jumpin with my father, i feel that i would give up almost anything for those jumps with my dad(however unpretty they might be). i believe that living life is an individual thing, while you do need other people in your life the value of your life is solely up to you, i forget who but one of yall posted about traveling with your daughter, im sureyou would sell every object you owned that was worth money for that experience, i would gladly give up everything i own for those kind of experiences with my father, there shouldnt be people trying to tell others that there is more to life than skydiving, to you there may be, to others there might not, to me there is my family, my family just happens to be in skydiving, and by family i dont just mean those directly related to me, i mean those that i see every weekend at the dz and who, at least at skydive al, would do anything to help each other, thats why i can justify hocking personally useless things to jump. but i understand how it is different for other people

Well said!