Muppetdog

Why No Olympic Skydiving?

lick this spot

changing the subject, your link almost hijacked my PC!!! Talk about recurring popup windows!! wow man, find a new hosting service, pleez:S

maybe swooping will make it to TV screens, but I promise, the sound and sight at close range of someone getting busted up from a skydive will horrify john q public.....

really? there was only 3 pop up on it last time I looked.

(I'll have to talk to DAIZEY, She'd the only who runs my site...I have updated anything in a long time,though.)
I will check it out,though thanks!
My photos

My Videos

The World Air Games took place in Turkey in 1997 and in Spain in 2001.Almost all airsports were represented.Some airsports had their world championship there (like skydiving).I think the 2005 WAG are canceled.Not to be confused with the World Games:these are the wannabe olympic sports....
wuk??

http://www.brunobrokken.com

[maybe swooping will make it to TV screens, but I promise, the sound and sight at close range of someone getting busted up from a skydive will horrify john q public..... ]
Last year at the world cup swooping in Perris, there were hundreds of competition jumps made with no serious injuries,apart from scratches,but then again ,the ground in Perris isn´t very soft...)
There was an FAI controller on site (Exi) not knowing what to expect ,and I know he went home impressed,by the level of the competition and by how safe it was.
I vote for Canopy Piloting....
wuk??

http://www.brunobrokken.com

Name me another sport that requires a car/airplane to do at the Olympics.

This is the essence folks. Money and audience-value are just as debatable within most of the other sports.
But using some kind of motorized vehicle to perform your sport just isn't in accordance with the olympic spirit.
No shit, this is actually the argument IOC uses against skydiving and different kind of motorsports (rally etc.).

Yah...... the fate of the world rests on Olympic level TABLE TENNIS!!!! pass the cheetohs........

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Sorry, I think that you have confussed the World Air Games (run by the FAI - see http://www.fai.org/) for the IOC demo sports (World Games).

The WAG incorporatates Parachuting, gliding (Sail plane, Hang/Para), microlighting etc.., etc..

just what he said...

The World Air Games took place in Turkey in 1997 and in Spain in 2001.Almost all airsports were represented.Some airsports had their world championship there (like skydiving).I think the 2005 WAG are canceled.Not to be confused with the World Games:these are the wannabe olympic sports....

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM