KawiZX900

Blue Angels

Just happend to leave the house yesterday at the exact time that the Blue Angels were doing a flyby of my neighborhood and I've got to say that that was the coolest damn sight I have ever seen in my life.

Those guys banked their turn in such a tight pattern and the sun lit em up and they were gone. Nothin but a contrail....

All the neighbors and I were pretty floored by what flew by right over our heads.

:o:ph34r:B|B|:o

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

They're prima donnas. We hosted them at an Airshow about 2 yrs ago...They have so many ridiculous demands before they'll show...(Example: "200lbs Crushed, NOT Cubed" ice...) It's easier and more worthwhile to request the ThunderChickens or the RCAF Snowbirds..

i LOVE all THE JET TEAMS!

I just worked with the Thunderbirds yesterday
here in Houston, The Blue Angles a couple months
ago in Oklahoma...

Yes the two teams have separate personalities...

Each with their own bragging rights,
one lands on boats..the others
fly supersonic in a single engine...(no back-up)

Either way I think you may have the wrong idea.[:/]

I had a very good friend about 5 years ago that was fortunate enough to be selected for the Angles..

Knowing him, and knowing what it takes to get
where he was and to stay there...:)

I have no problem if the preference is for "Crushed" ice.

First there's the commitment to being a top 'regular'
Navy fighter pilot, (ain't a lot of them around)
Then if you get selected to the team ...(even fewer)
it's literally months of extreme practice and drills...

THEN you get to hit the road for 50 weeks
out of the year...

Don't know what you do for a living...
but I travel 1/3 that and it's living hell after a month.

Tough to keep a marriage together...my friend couldn't

...and there's always the chance you or a friend will
get to have your vaporized remains telecast world wide.

I could go on...

but before you judge,
Walk a mile in their flight suit.

If they all need the same color courtesy car at a show...
So what?!:S

THEY EARN IT !! And More!
B|B|B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

they might be prima donnas, but they still fly F18's closer than I can do RW [:/]:P
Never seen them LIVE, but seen the thunderbirds, snowbirds, patrouille de france, frecce tricolori, red arrows, patrouille de suisse, Team PC7, La Marche Verte (Morocco) and some more...
And any of these display teams just make my day... Not necessarily flying jets...
Oh the Swiss Display Team now fly on F-5, and they look great.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Ya i saw them at the Mirimar Airshow a couple days ago. OMG I almost creamed my shorts when they did there thing but, a single F-16 showing off a little damn near made me cry!!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Either way I think you may have the wrong idea.

I had a very good friend about 5 years ago that was fortunate enough to be selected for the Angles..

I agree.. I've had several friends fly for the Blues and they are great people. They work their asses off.

they might be prima donnas, but they still fly F18's closer than I can do RW [:/]:P

I really respect the dedication and showmanship that goes into precision flight teams, but thier "close" maneuvers aren't near as impressive after you watch the show from off-angle and realize just how much seperation they usually have.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

hey, you never seen the separation I have when I do RW :P

Yeah I know that they have a good separation, but still, at these speeds... And the planes are not very small either...

Did you check the pics of the swiss teams above ??? Some of our scenery with very nice shots...

and check out this pic of La Marche Verte, the Morroccan display team, they fly on CAP 231 and they take off with the 7 planes attached together with cables... :o no photoshop...

The Blue Angels are the best!!!!!!

They put on a really good airshow every summer here during the Seafair Hydroplane race. It think most people watch the race for the Blue Angel performance rather than the Hydroplanes. They perform over Lake Washington and the 'flood' of boats getting to the middle of the lake to watch and then leaving when the Angels are done is amazing!

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

All:

Duly noted. They are great aviators...and have probably earned the bennies they demand. They were just a bit rude when dealing with my troops, and hardly gave any coins out.

Also, consider my perspective: As a USAF Aircraft Maintenance Officer, the word "Airshow" brings up visions of 9 months' worth of meetings, endless coordination, and no end of an asspain...

Although it is interesting to watch the inbred yokels that these events bring out stand there "ooh"-ing and "Aah"-ing at the fast shiny things in the sky...:P

but they sure need some mechanics to get their hands in grease and oil and stuff...

so from my side of teh atlantic, a big ooh and a great Aah for all the pople who make these shows possible.

And a couple hundred pounds of ice, any form you want. :P

Although it is interesting to watch the inbred yokels that these events bring out stand there "ooh"-ing and "Aah"-ing at the fast shiny things in the sky...

I'm an Air Show performer, and have been on the circuit
a little over 25 years...

I know the "inbred yokels" by a different name~

We call them CUSTOMERS...they pay for our services.

And if you get out among them, most are pretty decent people.:)
Not trying to 'dis' ya D~monkey...:)
but you really don't enjoy your
job do you.

They're prima donnas. We hosted them at an Airshow about 2 yrs ago...They have so many ridiculous demands before they'll show...(Example: "200lbs Crushed, NOT Cubed" ice...) It's easier and more worthwhile to request the ThunderChickens or the RCAF Snowbirds..

What do ya expect. They're NAVY.:D

The Thunder Birds show at March ARB ends up right over the Square 1 offices. Nice view.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

You are soo right about the Blues being high MX. I partied with the Snowbirds here in Ft Worth at Billy Bob's and you would think that they didn't have beer in Canada. Very cool guys. The Snowbirds are more impressive in their flying skills too. The planes are dogs, but they do some pretty cool stuff. GO CANADA!

you would think that they didn't have beer in Canada. Very cool guys. The Snowbirds are more impressive in their flying skills too. The planes are dogs, but they do some pretty cool stuff.

I would have to agree on all counts!

Downed a few with those boys myself...:S
the neatest part is when they land at a show site...
they all start pulling the 'spare parts' out of the 2nd cockpit...tires, oil, tools...
no C130 support for those gypsies!;)

I jumped the Dayton International Air Show last year,
100 years of flight..home of the Wright brothers...etc.

The biggest and best air show I've ever seen...
The Snow Birds~Thunder Birds~Blue Angles
all performed...first time ever at one show!

All the acts were impressive....:)
But yeah...
"Them Canada boys got SKILLS!"B|