WrongWay

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.....

Just saw this movie on our usual "bad weather movie Sunday"......(we've had a lot of those lately...[:/]). I personally liked it, but I don't think I'd see it more than once more. So what are your thoughts?

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

So what are your thoughts?

Thought 1 - It's possibly the best movie I've seen in my life. Seriously. I saw it twice in theatres, which is the only time I've ever done that, I think. I'm sure I'll watch it again at some point and buy it when it comes out (I've only bought 3 movies ever).

Thought 2 - You've been Ivan'd. :P
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Never heard of it, who is in it?

Why is this the first question people often ask about movies? What does it matter? Ok, I take that back, acting does matter quite a bit, but I still don't understand why it would be the first question asked... as if one would decide whether or not to see a movie based on what actors were in it, not having a clue what it was about or who wrote the screenplay or directed the film (both were important factors in this being such an awesome film).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

:Ppbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt!!!!:P

the only good part of that movie was that i got to sit next to you. ;)

Aw.....see guys, how cool is that?? :)

You've been Ivan'd

Damn, didn't even bother to check....:D

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

And just who said that a woman has the right to critique a movie - you aren't supposed to have opinions - Wrongway - You better reign her in a bit - You'll lose your Guy Card

:D:D

:o

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

as if one would decide whether or not to see a movie based on what actors were in it, not having a clue what it was about or who wrote the screenplay or directed the film.

I went to school with a guy just like you talked about. He only wanted to know who played in movies and had his favorite actors/actresses. He wouldn't even sit through the previews before movies, he'd either leave the theater or sit there with his fingers in his ears and eyes closed. He felt that the previews would ruin the movies and didn't trust them to help him decide whether or not to watch a movie.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

The greatest risk you take in life is the risk you don't take.

I wanted to see this cause I heard the name "Charlie Kaufman" (shame about his brother :)

Right on. Every one of Kaufman's films to date have been incredible, but this is the first one that truly blew my mind. Also, this one, while it was "way out there" like the others, also managed to hit you really hard on a human, emotional level, and contain a broader message about life. Almost the entire second half of the movie had me fighting off tears.

FWIW, Carrey and Winslet were excellent choices (kudos to Gondry) and both gave great performances.

What's up with Kaufman's brother? I don't know much about him (Charlie) except that he writes the most original screenplays around right now. I hope he hasn't reached the top of his game yet. They just keep getting better.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

And just who said that a woman has the right to critique a movie - you aren't supposed to have opinions - Wrongway - You better reign her in a bit - You'll lose your Guy Card

:D:D

:o

HEY!!! >:( You better recognize!!! >:(

:D:ph34r::D:ph34r::D

to be honest, i can't stand jim carrey... the movie wasn't that bad.... just a bit long and drawn out. i kept thinking... is it over yet???

What a totally fantastic movie! I loved the way it twisted around to show the complete story. Really fantastic. We'll be buying it when it comes out on DVD.

Makes you think - which is rare for movies now-a-days.

Even my husband loved it, and he only likes Adam Sanadler 'slapstic-sucky' stuff :P

Jennifer
Arianna Frances

jim carrey, kate winslet. imdb entry.

I haven't yet seen it, but read good things about it. It got amazingly little hype for who was in it! I mean, really, a Jim Carrey / Kate Winslet movie that you heard nothing about on t.v. or elsewhere? If you didn't read about it in the paper, you didn't know about it at all, I think. Weird, for a guy who gets like $20 million a movie.
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I saw the movie a few weeks ago. I really liked it. It was much different than what I expected though. I never heard anything about it and based on the previews on tv I thought it was going to be a typical Jim Carrey comedy.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

a Jim Carrey / Kate Winslet movie that you heard nothing about on t.v. or elsewhere?

It's not a "Carrey movie" or a "Winslet movie." They happen to be actors in the movie. It's Gondry's movie and Kaufman's story.

I ask again. Why is it so important who stars in a film?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I am bumping this, because I am interested in any further thoughts on the movie. I watched it last night, and it made me think, which I always enjoy. Initially I did not realize it was a Kaufman (nice ref. to his brother earlier ;)).

Initially I was a bit disturbed, simply due to the emotional turmoil in the movie that can be only too real in any relationship that goes bad and feels frantic.

After thinking about it for a few minutes and watching the person next to me, but never saying anything. My initial instinct went 180. The movie started to fall into place, and it meshed incredibly with a lot of themes that have been sorting out in my life in the last year.

I think, I am left with the thoughts that love is about acceptance. Not desperately trying for the 'perfect' moments, but rather accepting the bad ones may come and that the fact that they do, does not change the road you chose to walk. Love and Life is a fina line...a line where prefection cannot be felt if you are trying to cling to it. Kind of like an electron, you can measure direction or velocity, but not both. The feeling of happiness comes from the magic of the ingredients reacting without supervision. An engineer buddy of mine put it like this "You are trying to run debug while you are still in the code." So at the end of Eternal Sunshine, I was left with the overwhelming feeling that seems to back up this year: Just accept life, and you will enjoy living. As I was sitting watching the rain and the nuances of the person next to me (much lighter than my thoughts) I grinned and chuckled, and realized I had nothing to worry about, rather I had plenty to enjoy.

So, this was a nice feeling for me, as typically I am an overachiever that tries to engineer outcomes in life. That has all changed for me this year, and this movie was a nice reference.

But my thoughts might be totally subjective. I would love to hear other thoughts on the movie.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

I think, I am left with the thoughts that love is about acceptance. Not desperately trying for the 'perfect' moments, but rather accepting the bad ones may come and that the fact that they do, does not change the road you chose to walk.

Something similar. Love mirrors life in that it's not about the destination, but the journey. What in your life would you change if you could? Would it really be worth it? Things don't always end up the way they should (or the way you want them to), that doesn't mean you shouldn't have ever taken the path. Would you really drop all the memories to get rid of the bad ones or the current pain? Would you really be happier if you could erase events that made you who you are.

I liked the movie, a lot. I keep thinking of buying it, and I hardly ever actually movie movies.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I guess my our starting point is the same. The question then becomes: Do you feel that apodting that attitudes makes happiness more likely?
While I agree with the point that dropping the bad memories voids the point of life, I could not help but get the feelings, with the closing lines that with that 'ok' of accepting the fact that they would come, their outlook promised more success and happiness.

Perhaps, that depends on the personality of the person watching? I just came away with the idea that if you are worry about it you cannot stay in that carefree moment, by definition. If you accept the flucuations in advance, the odds of them changing your happiness or outlook are much descreased.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

I thought it was a fantastic movie. We use NetFlix and it was one that Katie, I think, put in rotation. Either that or we rented it in Raeford; who cares. It was a really deep movie and it really made me think. Some parts of it were incredibly sad to me, but Jim's character's overwhelming need to undo what they had--both--done was heartfelt and totally sincere. It's definitely a DVD that I will buy at some point.

Chuck