alanab

indiana

i have to know.. has anyone jumped at or heard of skydive fort wayne? it's in angola indiana, which is about 40 minutes norht of fort wayne. i posted in places to jump like w week ago and got NO responses, so i fugured i might a few more looks here...well?

I've heard of it, although I have never been there, I haven't really heard anything great about it either.

The best DZ in Indiana is Skydive Wayne County (or Skydive Richmond). But that's a pretty long drive if you're in the Fort Wayne area (what, like two hours straight down I-69?...I guess it could be worse).

You might want to try Indiana Skydiving Academy (edit: it's in Goshen), that's my DZ. It's nice...small...but quickly growing. Only about 45 minutes from Fort Wayne depending on how fast you drive.

Good luck.

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, if you're going to be in Angola, it's certainly not going to hurt to drop by the DZ some morning to see if it's worth your time.

If you're gonna be there for a while, and you get bored, stop by the ISA in Goshen, open 7 days a week, I think you'd like it there.

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

i actually did drop by on a friday afternoon. it was just a bunch of hangers and tons of airplanes. i asked somone working on an airplane if this was the dropzone. they were like "um, yeah theres a guy who brings his airplane out on weekends and people jump here, want his number"? :P

A few of my friends who jump there and they like it. I've never been there yet myself but I’ve never heard anything bad said about the place. I know the jumps there are a little crazy but fun! I would stop in and see what you thing.

DeeFly

I live in Ohio (Lima) and have heard of that place as well. I dont have any reviews for you, but if you hear more about it and-or decide to go, please shoot me a PM and let me know what you thought. Lima is about 50 min from Ft Wayne and my brother will be in college there. So, I could kill two birds with one stone... visit and jump.

Let me know !
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

Surprisingly enough, I know very little about the dz in Fort Wayne (which could be a good or a bad thing...)

If you want to drive an extra 20 miles, I do highly recommend Indiana Skydiving Academy in Goshen. One of the owners is a poster here (paulagc). Whenever I visit them there, it's guaranteed non-stop laughs. We laugh on the ground, in the air, after skydiving while drinking beer! They are open 7 days a week.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Just thought I'd bump this up to see if anyone had anything new about this DZ. Might be worth the trip next spring if I hear good things
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

I uses to jump at Fort Wayne in 2000 when I was a SL student and it was being ran out of Waterloo. It was a very cool DZ, a little crazy but it also managed to stay safe, very much a "fun jumper" type of place. A guy named AJ was the owner and he was a pretty level headed guy, ran the place because he loved the sport. No idea if he still runs the DZ. If he does, it's worth checking out.

I also used to jump Goshen when it was being ran by a guy named Charlie with Bo and Paula as instructors. Bo and Paula really made that DZ and they own it now, so I can only imagine it's gotten better.

Just thought I'd bump this up to see if anyone had anything new about this DZ. Might be worth the trip next spring if I hear good things

i finally went there with my friend and family. my mom made a tandem and me and my friend did a fun jump. its a very tiny dz. nice view though.