moth

worried girlfriend

I see every one here seems to just throw away there SO just because.

I have to say I disagree it is easy to say cutaway but from what you have said. This is at least a relationship that is 2 years old.

Instead of just cutting away take her to the DZ. show her what it is like. She might like it she doesn’t have too like it.

I think you need to ask your self a few things.

How much do you care about her? People aren’t cars you don’t just trade them in.

Are there other problems in the relationship, or is everything great except the fact that you skydive?

Any relationship will take compromise maybe you can jump some weekend and spend time with her on other weekends.

All I am saying is if you have something good don’t wait till you lose it to realize how good it was.

Trust me i know how you feel this is my first year skydiving and it is my life, but if i had someone who was worth it i would make it work.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Well said Geno....
She needs to understand your passion for the sport. Worried somewhat is normal and also an insight to the fact that she cares for your well being. If she didn't care enough to worry about you, then it would be concerning... But on the other hand, she shouldn't give you grief about your sport in general if its part of your life. Just don't cringe when she mentions her worries... acknowledge them and reassure her that you will be as careful as you can be. ;)

Us men need something to show we have bigger balls thatn you gals.
And for the females that skydive, well now you understand why you get so much attention at the dz, we are scared.

Just want to know what ya'll are scared of...we might have more balls than some of the men? Well hate to tell ya, not saying i'm one of them, but i know women who DO have more then most men. So it really has nothing to do with balls, a man can screwup just as well as a women. My safety is the most important thing as well as people who are in the sky with me. That don't take balls, it takes skill and lots of training.

People aren’t cars you don’t just trade them in.

Well that's just goofy... Why can't you just trade them in?

I mean if you've got a lousy one you wouldn't get much credit towards a new one, but if you've got one that is half decent shouldn't you get good trade in value towards a better model?B|

You could trade up from one that back fires for one that purrs like a kitten;)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

For the record, I wasn't scared, just concerned. But I also supported Chad's jumping habit and NEVER asked him to quit. I also expressed an interest in jumping from the start. I still am a little uneasy when he jumps, but love my own. Such a double standard.

To Chad's credit, I didn't jump regularly until after we had been together almost 2 years. He always made it very clear that no matter what, I came first.

Jen

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I'm with Tonto on that one. Being a weekend jumper and going at around 400 jumps a year in a country with bad weather means there isn't really time to spare. Work all week, jump all weekend.

The person asking the question has 26 jumps in 2 years. That's a very far cry from 400 jumps a year with travel involved. There is a big difference between a weekend local jumper and one who travels all over the place frequently to jump, who competes, etc.

It's a basic question of priorities. Where does jumping fall, where does the SO fall, and can the two coexist. There is no one answer, each person is different and has to decide this for themselves.

The person asking this question needs to soul search for himself. All of our answers are basically irrelavent.

Jen

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda