Yoshi

The riddle thread

You have a 1 mile circular race track. A car averages 30 mph around the first lap. What speed does it need to average around the second lap in order for the average of the two laps to be 60mph?

Hint - its not 90mph.

It can't.... can it? I'm not sure you worded the question right, but I think I know what you're asking since you said 'it's not 90' It's early, and I've only had 1 cup of coffee - but to go 2 miles and average 60mph, it'd have to be done in 2 minutes. It'll take that long to go 1 mile @ 30.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

You have a 1 mile circular race track. A car averages 30 mph around the first lap. What speed does it need to average around the second lap in order for the average of the two laps to be 60mph?

Hint - its not 90mph.

Ummm...yeah it is. I've heard this one before, I think you're missing a piece to the question. :P

Hint - its not 90mph.

It can't.... can it? I'm not sure you worded the question right, but I think I know what you're asking since you said 'it's not 90' It's early, and I've only had 1 cup of coffee - but to go 2 miles and average 60mph, it'd have to be done in 2 minutes. It'll take that long to go 1 mile @ 30.

yep...you got it..impressive.