Shotgun

Snow in SoCal???

Wow, this is what I saw out my window when I woke up this morning:

http://crayfish.nu/keely/images/misc/nov21_001.jpg

I live about 20 minutes south of the Perris dz, in what is mostly a desert... Never would have expected to see snow here! :)
Pretty cool, except that most of my garden is probably dead now because I wasn't expecting a freeze! :(

Wow!
55° at the beach right now, beautifull blue sky:)But just called Perris and Elsinore, and I was told that jumping was unlikely today.:( (and that may lead me to start another "bad mood" thread!>:()

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Wow, that's awesome! Kinda makes the trees/plants/ground/etc. look different, doesn't it?

It's been my experience that the plants don't die unless the ground actually freezes and it's cold enough that the snow sticks around awhile. There might be a few leaves that don't make it but the snow can act as an "insulator" if the ground doesn't freeze. Hope that's the case with your garden!

It would be fun if there was enough for a snowball fight!!

Yeah, it's been pouring down rain all night so I'll bet Perris is pretty wet and soggy too. I have no idea when the snow arrived, but I was up most of the night because the rain and thunder kept waking me up. I just got an email from a friend who lives a few miles from the dz - she sent pictures of all the snow on the ground at her house too. Pretty freaky! Must go make a snowman before it disappears!

Woke up this morning to a phone call from across town. It was snowing!!!! Went outside and was awestruck that it was 8 inches of the stuff!

I live 34 miles NE of Perris (and 1,000' higher).

Pictures below. :^)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I woke up this morning wondering why it was so damn cold. Opened up the tent window, looked outside and it was snowing! At Perris! And it's not even December yet!

It was a winter wonderland as I drove from Perris east to my parent's house. Pretty. But damn wierd for November in southern California... :S

Great photos! Your dog looks like he's having fun! (My big dog likes the snow, too, but my Corgi is a bit low to the ground and when there's snow, he has a tough time finding a place to lift his leg, the poor little guy.)

Enjoy!

Yeah! My dog is 1/2 Siberian Huskey and 1/2 Australian Shepherd. She's had only one other introduction to snow in her 10 years....and that was when she was a puppy.

She loved the snow this morning! Couldn't stop running around, leaping over the stuff. She normally knows not to go out of the yard...stops at the curb. However, the 'lawn' never ended so we were off around the neighborhood!

Really nice, though. Alot of the neighbors were out looking at the stuff, taking pictures like I was. Kids making snow men. Real 'leave it to beaver' feeling. :^)

ltdiver

Opened up the tent window,

Dang, girl! Snow at Perris?!! Wow!

I just looked at PerrisCam and everything looks rather dank and wet. Looks like it'a a day in front of the fire place at the parents, huh?

ltdiver

Wow Lori - that is not just a dusting - that is "shit, now I have to get out the shovel" snowfall.

Is this because of El Nino?

Yeah! I already e-mailed a couple of co-workers hinting I may be snowed in tomorrow. :P

El Nino? Didn't know we were supposed to have him visit again this year. You hear something different?

New pictures below.

ltdiver

It's been my experience that the plants don't die unless the ground actually freezes and it's cold enough that the snow sticks around awhile. There might be a few leaves that don't make it but the snow can act as an "insulator" if the ground doesn't freeze. Hope that's the case with your garden!

Thanks... It looks like most of it will be ok except for my big sword fern - that poor guy looks pretty toasted. Actually I don't have very much in my garden right now anyway... because I haven't had time for gardening in the last few months! Oh well, now I have an excuse - I can just say that the ice and snow killed everything. :)

Wow, you got a lot more snow than we did... Yours actually looks like proper snow! It's disappearing pretty quickly here because of the heavy rain... and I haven't been able to take pictures outside because of the rain too. Too bad, it would be nice to get a pano shot outside with snow on the ground...

Wacky stuff.

Caught everyone by surprise.

Fun photos . . . glad Shimmy enjoyed the snow.

When we were standing out in from of Jim Wallace's place yesterday late afternoon, Gail pointed north and remarked that we were going to have a weather change. I looked and the entire sky was grey, clear down to the ground.

"Sure, weather change", I thought....rain perhaps overnight. Didn't even --think-- of snow down here!!

Yeah, Shimmie LOVES the stuff! I haven't seen her smile like this in a long time. She's asleep in front of the fireplace now. Think she's dreaming. :^)

ltdiver

and I haven't been able to take pictures outside because of the rain too. Too bad, it would be nice to get a pano shot outside with snow on the ground...

Ever hear of an umbrella? Or hood? ;)

ltdiver

Whimp:D

you call that snow???? hahahah
THIS IS SNOW!

Ha ha... I was thinking of you after I saw the snow this morning. I figured I had jinxed myself for making fun of you stuck in the cold weather while I'm in "sunny" SoCal. :D

Oh, and no way am I driving in this stuff. Most people out here don't seem to know how to drive in the rain, so I can only imagine what they're like trying to drive in ice! :ph34r:[:/]

Oh, and no way am I driving in this stuff. Most people out here don't seem to know how to drive in the rain, so I can only imagine what they're like trying to drive in ice! :ph34r:[:/]

LIke i said you yanks can be whimps :D:D:D
we'll drive in 8 inches of that stuff up here. But once it gets to be about a foot or more we'll shovel first.

But seriously, 8 inches or less is nothing. it's like ...pffft

Oh, and no way am I driving in this stuff.

Hummm... Perfect day to stay in and having an absinthe binging party!>:(

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

that it was 8 inches of the stuff!

I live 34 miles NE of Perris (and 1,000' higher).

ltdiver

Where is that, how close to the foot hills? That is tremendous!

Yucaipa is positioned 34.03 degrees north of the equator and 117.04 degrees west of the prime meridian.

Yeah, close to the foothills. Actually near the base.

http://www.usacitiesonline.com/cacountyyucaipa.htm

ltdiver