peacefuljeffrey

OMG they still make CHIA-PETS?!

I can hardly believe it, but during Conan O'Brien's show tonight they ran a commercial for CHIA-PETS!

I remember them from, like, the '80s, but I had no idea they were still made!

Have you ever had them, or known someone who did? Are you as surprised as I am that they are popular enough to still warrant television ads?

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

well usually they're a small piece of plaster i believe (whatever they use to make plant pots) shaped into an animal. the classic is a sheep. there's small holes all around it and you out grow grass or whatever out of the holes, so it looks like the animal is growing hair. wow, what a shitty explanation, but i don't really know the technical names for any of this.

here's another version of the chia pet. i pity the fool who don't buy one of these!

I can hardly believe it, but during Conan O'Brien's show tonight they ran a commercial for CHIA-PETS!

Have you ever had them, or known someone who did? Are you as surprised as I am that they are popular enough to still warrant television ads?

-Jeffrey

Chia pets are kewl. I still have my Popiel Pocket Fisherman too. :D

-Jeffrey

Would you want one if they made a Chia-Skydiver? :D:D

I have a bunch of hay bales left over from our Halloween party that I stacked off to one side of our patio. They've sprouted the most lush grass along the top. If I took my hedge trimmers and sculpted the hay...I could have a MEGA-CHIA!

I wonder what kind of market there would be for that...:D

I got my ex a Chia head for Christmas one year and he loved it. He was from the UK and had never seen one..

I also got one for my ex-husband when his hairline started to recede... he didn't think it was funny though... :D