lawrocket

NHL may return?

I miss my Vancouver Canucks. :(
Despite the parties going back to the bargaining table, I still doubt that they'll salvage a season. What could the parties bring to the table that would change the situation? The league wants a salary cap, the players will only go as far as a luxury tax. I'd say that they're at an impasse that could possibly eventually spell the end of professional hockey over the course of the next decade.

Ive been going to minor league games just to get my fix on. These guys dont make S*** and they tend to bust their ass. And on the glass costs about $20

Personally I don't like sitting on the glass - you can't see everything that is going on. Give me seats higher up in the Mez or in the 1st balcony and I'm a happy camper.

An old boss of mine used to have season seats on the glass at the United Center he would give to me about every other week. I'm pretty certain I lost my connection to the United Airline Corp seats as my friend was just relocated out of the VPs office (those were some damn cool seats - 2nd best suite in the stadium next to the owners, as well as glass, 1st balcony, 3rd balcony and some VIP Penthouse suites as well). I'm going to miss going to as many games as I once did[:/]

At least we have Wolves here in town. I even went to a couple Rockford minor league games to watch a friend play.

Personally I don't like sitting on the glass - you can't see everything that is going on. Give me seats higher up in the Mez or in the 1st balcony and I'm a happy camper.

10-20 rows up, center ice. Those are my dream seats. And I came real close to realizing this with my Avs season tickets the last four years as I had the 20 rows from the ice seats just inside one of the blue lines. But the NHL ultimately priced me out of their market and I gave up my seats just in time for the strike (not that jumping didn't have any influence on my finances).

I hope to see hockey again this year (on TV). But not much has changed between the two sides. So we'll see. It's only a game. I'd rather jump or go ground launching.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Maybe they just missed fighting.
I know a lot of fans have.:P

Always have basketball ;)

So that's how they're trying to lure fans!!

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Overpaid baffoons. Who cares.

Not true, now they play in Switzerland, I care, and they get paid per season about what they would get per game in the NHL :P

Is that on top of the US$10,000 per month they get from their union fund?:|

Baffons...
Remster

Is that on top of the US$10,000 per month they get from their union fund?:|

that's to cover the expenses... Switzerland is an expensive country you know :P

Sources of mine say it is all but official. When they have their meeting next week it should go very well.

no way, we won't give your players back :P So funny to see they almost only have defense players from NHL over here... Our rinks are bigger, not easy to get used to longer passes and stuff...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM