n2skdvn

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

These guys are the coolest thing. I first heard them on radio station. When out that day and bought the CD.

this reminded me to check their sight and they are coming to Portland!!
I just bought tickets.
B|

Heather
Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

Great advice. They are going to be in Detroit on December 17th and I think I am going to have to get tickets.

interesting i just noticed they have 2 tours going... that must be new... they were a single group when i first heard about them and some of the Dream Theater guys playing with them..

They had simultaneous tours last year as well. I have not heard their album/tour theme this year, but last it was amazing. They also played some samples of some adaptation they were doing of Beethoven's 5th.
Unfortunately, I just found out, no Dallas show, only San Antonio. Seriously, this is like the Blue Man group, the CD is barely a representation of what they do in person....as I told a friend last year, Imagine Christmas Music with Jesus playing lead guitar in a hair band with an army of angels carrying fenders stratocasters, lasers, and flame torches. It is that cool.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

They are really great live. The band came from the 80"s rock band Savatage. I believe they split the group into two and have studio musicians fill in for the rest. If you are interested in Savatage their Dead winter Dead is the album that they orginally did the song "christmass eve Sarajevo 12/24"
Kirk

ja your right... was Savatage not DT... must have headspace and timing issues with progressive metal bands today...

actually Savatage is one of the most amazing 'power' metal bands ever...Chriss Olivia's car accident was a dark day for metal...as bad as the accident that took Cliff Burton....

TSO is awesome!!

I work in the music business, and am very good friends with the guys in TSO & Savatage. (You can even see my name in the thank you's in many of their CD's.) Those guys are such awesome musicians. I can't wait - I'm going to be catching the show in 2 weeks!!

TSO was born from the Savatage "Dead Winter Dead" song "Sarajevo 12/24". Paul O'Neill , Bob Kinkel and Jon Oliva saw the huge response & AOR radio play, and ran with it. Bob even tours with the East Coast TSO band.

I'm 31, and my PARENTS (late 50's) love the TSO shows. My dad thought Alex Skolnick (former Testament founder & Savatage member for Edge of Thorns) was incredible. My dad's already started asking me, 'how many TSO passes can you get me.' :)

Cya...
-Tommy

carrol of the bells with metallica I think was awesome

Carol of the Bells, Christmas Eve, Sarajevo. Go get it.

This is the most exciting version of any Christmas song I've ever heard. There's something about a screaming electric guitar in a Christmas song that just sounds...........I don't know........*right*.

And any group that can make a guitar work in Bach's Jesu Joy is just that damn good.

Other TSO versions I listen to all the time:
The Nutcracker Suite
Marriage of Figaro
Mephistopheles' Return
O Christmas Tree
Revenge of the Sugarplum Fairies
Beethoven's Last Symphony

They're coming to Philly December 26th. I think I just figured out what my family's doing that day. :)

---Nover Claus