Viking

What color shirt goes with Khaki pants?

ok tie or no tie?

I've already told you a nice subtle tie.

Sorry Ms. Lisa please don't give me detention for not paying attention!!:(:(:(:(:( my mom would kill me!!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Going in for the interveiw next friday. Can all you fashionable people help me out here?:)

You're a guy. So... is it cold? Black pullover sweater is always good with that. Put on some black clogs and a matching belt and shave that crap off yo face.

If you're being interviewed by a woman than you better also put on a nice watch. Ladies typically look at your shoes and your watch first before checking the rest of you out (they have to spend dough on nice accessories, they check to see if you do, too).

Get em, tiger :)

I have an interview Tuesday, and I'm wearing a brown suit. I think it's okay not to look exactly like everyone else they're interviewing.... I didn't even wear a suit to my medical school interview....wore grey trousers, a white shirt and a red jacket. Did I stand out?! Yeah....got an early acceptance too....lol. So my way is to look nice and to interview well....

linz

ok tie or no tie?

Sorry Ms. Lisa please don't give me detention for not paying attention!!:(:(:(:(:( my mom would kill me!!

LMAO...now that was funny especially since I have 5 staying this afternoon for detention.>:(

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

ok tie or no tie?

If you're going to interview in anything that isn't in one of these kinds of carrers (or similar) then forget the tie:
- Associate Attorney (anything Legal)
- Accountant
- Financier/Stockbroker
- Executive
- Upscale retail

All you need to do is look sharp and that doesn't always mean a suit. If it's still warm than a nice (new) polo shirt is also good. I haven't worn a suit on an interview since I was 20, but I'm in the I/T field (they expect us to look like dogs).

What is more important than a tie is a belt. Belt needs to match the shoes. Don't overgel your hair either. Coming into an interview with a wet mop on your head is kinda annoying.

This might help.

Opt for dressy casual attire for a company that you know doesn't expect suits. Pressed khakis or slacks, a clean, ironed button-down shirt, a belt and a leather loafer will serve you well.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

navy for interview

black for going out and looking sexy

;)

Yes, navy or dark gray suits are best for job interviews.

(I think that he only has this one suit, though, so we're going with what he has. :)

I didn't put on a suit the last time I had to interview (yes I got the job), but summer last year I had to alter a suit and go straight to my grandmother's funeral in it and came back to work. It's a $1,600 italian pinstripe pant & jacket... Lord when I went to my desk to pick up some materials the rumors started that I was leaving the Company and it persisted for MONTHS.

B|:PB|

LMAO...now that was funny especially since I have 5 staying this afternoon for detention.>:(

what do you give them out for?
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

LMAO...now that was funny especially since I have 5 staying this afternoon for detention.

I would pay to have you make me stay after school:):D:D

Don't press your luck today or you may well wind up with detention. :P

The 5 I have won't listen, always beat on desks, yell out and never complete work. The are writing as we speak. Should be interesting.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Exactly, the "power" tie is a thing of the past.

Red gets noticed.

In an interview, you want to get noticed.

I only have 1 red tie in my collection, so I'm not a power tie advocate. But the NICE red tie has its place.

And as far as only wearing a suit for 2 or 3 types of position. Bull. All the recruiters and consultants I have spoken too agree: a nice suits is best, regardless of the position.
Remster

Nah... men need suits in interviews as much as women must be wearing cultured pearls to look classy. It's old hat.

You're just as good with the California look as ya are lookin' like a Mafia hitster. :)

I am always of the mentality that you should dress to impress.

The job that I have now I went to the interview in a suit. They hired me that day with the note of something like "Ok, you got the job, lose the suit" The point is, it was appropriate for the interview, improved confidence going in, even though its not the normal atire for this company.

Where I work is a law firm and I dressed to impress the people I will be working for (Lawyers). It doesn't matter what the position calls for on an every day basis. Dress to be noticed and show that you know whats going on. If you under dress you will lose points and its a lot harder to "over" dress.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

If you're interviewing in the hospital, I would not go in there looking like a CPA (which get all the girls anyway :P). Everyone there will wear scrubs and it is a given that you better be a roll your sleeves up and prepare to get waist deep in some gross stuff kind of guy. I suit may subliminally present a bit of reluctance to that type of work. Don't wear cologne. Hospital staff is generally not allowed to and they may pick up on the fact that you're wearing it right away. Dress nice and wear a watch that you wouldn't be afraid to wear to work in the hospital. Don't be afraid to talk (but don't ramble) about how you take of your grandma. That is very relevant to the job. Good luck and don't forget to smile.