ScubaSteve

I dislike the French

Ummmm, I hope Frenchy doesn't see this. He might cry. [:/]

Too late!>:(
I've already placed "calls" to my Fromies>:(. Starting next week, all French wine exports will be treated with "Anti-ScubaSteve" chemicals. Hehehe>:(>:(>:(
Now, if you don't mind, I have to go back to scheme the re-claiming of Louisiana to its rightful owners. Bwahahaha>:(>:(>:(

pshaw...you don't have that kind of power... :P
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

Aussies have some really good Shiraz. And the Kiwis have indeed some very good promising wines. Chile, Spain, Italy, etc...
French wines are overpriced in the US, and about 50% of the ones you buy in SoCal are corked. Cal has some amazing wines indeed.
But for the record: in France, you can get great wine for under $8 pretty much anywhere.
Although I grew up on Beaujolais (that's where I'm from!), I am not a huge fan of it. But the Cahors region, because of some legal status it managed to exploit, has managed to be quite experimental recently and has come up with some very interesting blends.
And now I'll shut up (for now!):|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

pshaw...you don't have that kind of power...

Ah! Arrogant you are, my little Knight Jedi.
But the truth you will soon face. And sorry you will be>:(
Repent, blasphemous young lady. It may not be too late...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

pshaw...you don't have that kind of power...

Ah! Arrogant you are, my little Knight Jedi.
But the truth you will soon face. And sorry you will be>:(
Repent, blasphemous young lady. It may not be too late...

pshaw I tell you, I repent for no man or God...:P:ph34r:
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

I find it nice to have a couple of glasses first thing in the morning (before I start on the scrotch)...

Perv!:|

Everyone keeps telling me Australia makes good wine but every bottle I've had has sucked ass...what label should I be looking for? I really want to know what all the hub bub is about

Unfortunately, the really good Aussie and Kiwi wines are hard to find in the States without paying an arm and a leg. Rosemount Estate is fine as a table wine (actually better than most Californian wines - go on flame me;)) and can be found in better supermarkets.

2 options - either go to Aus or find an Aussie skydiver to bring you over a bottle.

Liz

**hijack**Everyone keeps telling me Australia makes good wine but every bottle I've had has sucked ass...what label should I be looking for? I really want to know what all the hub bub is about

I'm no oenophile, and really I barely drink any wine at all, but one time I was asked to bring a bottle of Jacob's Creek to a party -- I think it was a Merlot -- and I was very surprised at how pleasantly smooth it was. I often don't like red wine, and a lot of wine has too much of that alcohol "bite" to it for me, but this one did not. I actually enjoyed it.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

But they make the best wine. They are on to something overthere. God bless them.

I hate it when people say the French make the best wine.

You obviously don't know to much about wine.
Price for price their are some Spanish wines far superior to the French wines
it's all to do with marketing
for example, two of the biggest selling sparkling wines (champagne style, in Spain it's called Cava)
in the states are Friexanet and Codorniu, here in Spain most people wouldn’t
touch them with a bargepole.
Advertise enough an the public will believe it must be good

Do yourself a favour an look for a Rioja reserve (red) you won't be disappointed

footnote Their are some very good French wines available, But not for our pockets.

Gone fishing

Ummmm, I hope Frenchy doesn't see this. He might cry. [:/]

Too late!>:(
I've already placed "calls" to my Fromies>:(. Starting next week, all French wine exports will be treated with "Anti-ScubaSteve" chemicals. Hehehe>:(>:(>:(
Now, if you don't mind, I have to go back to scheme the re-claiming of Louisiana to its rightful owners. Bwahahaha>:(>:(>:(

I don't thik the English want Louisiana back:D

Gone fishing

If we were really smart we would sell Louisiana back to the French for a huge profit and then just take it back by force cause we sure as hell know they can't defend anything

...assuming you'd have any troops left on the continental US...:o:P

If we were really smart we would sell Louisiana back to the French for a huge profit and then just take it back by force cause we sure as hell know they can't defend anything.:P

Wow!! even I wouldn't say something that cruel an ther'e my traditional enemy:o

Gone fishing

I reckon french wines and champagne for that matter are over rated.

If all else fails, there's always Tassenburg aka Tassie's in South Africa. It's the best of all reds in one el-cheapo blend. And with the current exchange rate it'll probably cost you $3 a pop.

Then again, I'm a beer man myself.
...drags me down like some sweet gravity!!!

My head feels like there's a Frenchman living in it.

That's a good thing, right?

Is that why the French are so rude? :o They are just really, really hungover? [:/] Being Irish I could be so much more sympathetic to them if I knew that. :D