LaDonna

Hands on History - Parachutes - Video has been uploaded

This movie is so awesome, being a newbie I had many questions about the parachute, and how it works. After watching this, I can scratch alot of those questions off my list.:)
The movie from the History Channel has been uploaded on www.skydivingmovies.com. I don't know how to make a link to the wesite, sorry.:(

The title is:

ParachutesHandsOnHistory.wmv

it is about 78mb in size.

The files said that is was uploaded and needed to be approved by skydivingmovies.com before it would be available, I am not sure how long that takes to be approved to have it available for everyone to view.

Sorry, but I missed the first few seconds of the show setting up the video recorder. I thought that it was on at 4pm eastern time and that I had missed it and was channel flipping (at 4pm) and saw that it was on 4:00pm pacific and I decided to tape it.

FGF#3

If you have problems finding the movie, I forgot to fill in the description info before I added the movie.
Dave posted in the other thread "Dont forget to watch on History Channel 4pm today." that he will fix the description later. He has a clicky link in that thread that goes straight to the movie. I don't know how you guys link that thread and this thread together so if someone knows how can you add that here please.

You can get to it by going under the stats tab right now as the most recent uploaded file and click on the name and it will bring you to the movie.

FGF#3

Its not just you... I too am on a high speed connection.

I had it up to 90 something % and it just stop progressing. [:/] had to start again. back up to 19% and 1 hour & 35 minutes remaining.:S

Editted to add: all you other people --- stop downloading this until I get it!B|
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I think that's the rate limiting. After a video got downloaded over 9000 times in one day with no speed restrictions, Matt set up a limit on the server so that it doesn't kill all his bandwidth when a link gets out.

I think it's just especially bad right now with so many people downloading a few different big files. I was getting 10x more speed over the weekend. But still nothing like the 1000 kb/s I used to be able to get from work.

Dave

I finally got to see the whole clip and it's really good. It took me 6 hours to download it though! It would do it in segments and then it would stop and that buffering thing would show again. So, I'd wait 10 minutes, and get to see another segment. I'd do that a few times and it would freeze up, so I'd have to start the whole thing all over again. It was frustrating, but worth it in the end since I got to see a lot of my Homies on the clip! B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Anyone who is going to Eloy for the Boogie or if you go to Perris (our home drop zone) - PM me and I will burn you a DVD. If you don't have time to have your computer tied up with everyone else trying to download the video.

We will be in Eloy for the boogie, arriving on the 26th leaving on the 1st or 2nd (depending on when my husband passes his ASP/AFF). We will be staying in our camper on the drop zone.

FGF#3

I finally got to see the whole clip and it's really good. It took me 6 hours to download it though! It would do it in segments and then it would stop and that buffering thing would show again. So, I'd wait 10 minutes, and get to see another segment. I'd do that a few times and it would freeze up, so I'd have to start the whole thing all over again. It was frustrating, but worth it in the end since I got to see a lot of my Homies on the clip! B|

It sounds like you were clicking on "I Agree" and it was opening the file immediately in Windows Media player. The better way to download it would be to right click on "I Agree" and click "Save Target As" then choose where on your hard drive you want to save it. Then you won't get the same problems and the download will be quicker. Once it is downloaded you can play it as often as you want.

Wow that was very well done!!! The sport was well represented i think. Anyone else think we should all send in email or letter to thank the history channel on doing such a good job?
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Wow that was very well done!!! The sport was well represented i think. Anyone else think we should all send in email or letter to thank the history channel on doing such a good job?

Yes Sir