skygrl70

Anyone ever used "The Stuff"?

we sell it at Smoothie King (where i work). lots of people come in and get it with no complaints. one guy was actually coming in every week for it, and at $35/bottle that was adding up to quite a lot of stuff. its got a double your money back guarantee if you fail your test, so make sure you save your receipt just in case. i've never used it personally but like i said, we sell lots of it and ive never had complaints about it. good luck!:)

Thanks for the reply. I paid $24.95 and am saving my receipt. Since I'm not a regular user, I'm hoping it works. I am a little concerned about the ingredients being detectable though. I reguarly drink insane amounts of water and have VERY little body fat, so I'm hoping all this will result in a negative result.[:/] I really need this nightmare to be over so I can sleep peaceful again!!!!

I am a molecular biologist. I used to publish a manual called "The Worker's Guide to Drug Testing."

Please note that these kinds of supplements do not actually "detox" you. In other words, they do not reach into your cells and remove toxins such as THC or whatever.

What they do have is usually an herbal diuretic, which will make you excrete more water, so that anything in your urine will be more dilute (including incriminating metabolites). The hope is that the metabolites will be diluted below detection levels.

The B vitamins are added to make your urine look more yellow, so it will appear normal to the testers. (If they didn't add the B vitamins, your urine would look unusually clear, like water, due to the diuretics).

Creatine is also added because they may test your urine to see if it has been diluted, and the way they do it is by measuring creatine levels. The added creatine puts back what the diuretic-induced dilution takes away.

It usually works, mostly because THC usually drops below detectably limits a lot sooner than most people realize. There are a lot of myths out there about that, such as the one about THC being detectable for 6-8 weeks after smoking (not anywhere near true for the vast majority of people), etc.

Anyway, when I wrote that manual I researched all this stuff pretty thoroughly at the Library of the National Institute of Health. If you need any more info, PM me.;)
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

There are a lot of myths out there about that, such as the one about THC being detectable for 6-8 weeks after smoking

I have NO idea if this is actually true or not.......but I ran into someone in Korea that CLAIMS to have been popped on a urine test after not smoking for 4 months. He did however admit that he had smoked in excess of 4 ounces in 2 weeks while on leave prior to going to Korea. Is that really possible? Not the smoking 4 ounces......the getting busted for it 4 months later. :D

I am a molecular biologist. I used to publish a manual called "The Worker's Guide to Drug Testing."
Creatine is also added because they may test your urine to see if it has been diluted, and the way they do it is by measuring creatine levels. The added creatine puts back what the diuretic-induced dilution takes away.

This was very informative. Thank you!
Not that I need the information, since I totally don't do any drugs -- and I don't get tested at work anyway -- but I like knowing how/why the products they market work.

I am strongly against drug testing, and in fact I have gone so far as to say I would tell them to shove their job up their ass if they started to institute testing at my work. (Press operators, I am told, still get tested, but not office workers.) I think it is a true invasion of privacy, and what makes it worse is that it's by NON-law-enforcement personnel, who have even LESS business doing it.

So are you saying that they'd label a person as "drug suspect" if they had no detectable levels of the drug metabolites in their urine, but the urine was "diluted"??! >:(:S

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

There is nothing that can defeat the "Hair Test" but as for the urine 4 months later. WOW that dude was fucked up for 2 weeks. :ph34r:

I beat the "test" everytime..... I don't smoke marijuana anymore. Quit when I was 19. Probation for the transportation of illegal narcotics (25k beans from mexico) tends to put a curve in your dope smoking.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I personally do not do drugs. I never have and never will do what goes on after hours at some DZ's. I have no problem with drug testing as I have nothing to hide. It is each persons choice to do what they will.

I have to agree that the hair sample is a better way to test as I can see no way to cheat the test unless you shave all body hair so there unable to sample you. Now I have done countless piss test in my military career and personally I hate to have someone watch me pee. To me the piss method is an invasion of privacy in that I don't agree with someone watching me do my business.

Now I can make an exception if the person is a woman and I will be turning my head and coughing afterward :o

CSA #699 Muff #3804

So are you saying that they'd label a person as "drug suspect" if they had no detectable levels of the drug metabolites in their urine, but the urine was "diluted"??!

I have heard of people losing their jobs due to providing an "unusually" diluted sample. :S

That's some seriously fucked up shit right there.

So in other words, if your urine contains the drug products, you're fucked....
AND
If your urine doesn't contain the drug products, you're fucked.

And all of this because the world continues to demonize recreational drug use, for no particularly good reason.

I'm a NON-drug user and I think this is insane. :S

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

I personally do not do drugs. I never have and never will do what goes on after hours at some DZ's. I have no problem with drug testing as I have nothing to hide. It is each persons choice to do what they will.

The "nothing to hide" test is a logical fallacy and does not excuse invasions of privacy. Period.

I'm sure you aren't concealing illegal weapons and drugs in your bedroom. Does that mean you shouldn't mind if the government wanted to come in and check, "just to make sure"?

Of course not.

So why should your body be any different?

A drug test, if you are not found to be acting as though under the influence (which would constitute probable cause, in my view) is a warrantless search. PERIOD.

The only problem is, usually at some jobs, and the military, you are understood when you join up to have ceded your rights in this area. :S

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

The DOT standard is a screening test, followed up by a "righteous" test if the screening is failed.

So, you fail the field screen, they give you the day off with pay while they take the second sample to a real-deal lab while you seek out the advice of an employment attorney. I also thought the random testing thing was an invasion of my privacy without probable cause, and made the watch commander tromp out to me to give me a "direct order" to comply.

A lot of people who think that they have gotten off dirty actually didn't have their urine tested. Many organizations randomly take samples, and then only randomly test those samples. It's pretty expensive, and many managers think the threat is as effective as actually testing the stuff.

CATS have more rights than PEOPLE do...

Huh...you know, I've never even smoked pot, not once. Even though, I feel like there are better things our money could be spent on besides trying to stop pot. Legalize it, treat it like booze and adjust the laws and taxes accordingly.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Again, I personally don't have an issue with them. However, I do agree that there should not be a requirement to have them. I did have one job in the past that require a hair sample to get the job. I was working as a materials handler in a Uranium Plant. In my place of work a lot could go wrong and one must be clear headed, so unless it is in a work environment where someone could cause harm to themselves or others as a result of having been under or is currently under the influence them testing should not be needed. We were also required to take a piss test every three weeks but it was more for radiation testing and drug testing.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Just wanted to post how I got myself into this mess to begin with, as I am SOO very upset about this. On October 19th '03, I lost my license for a drunk driving offense (in NO way am I condoning my behaviour that evening, it was wrong, I have learned my lesson and after everything I have gone through since, I can say I will NEVER drive after drinking again!!) So, the state of NJ requires you to attend "classes", two consecutive evenings as part of your conviction. The first night, they handed out a little questionaire telling us it is just a way for them to get to understand our individual situations. In the questions, they asked things like.....Do you engage in risky or dangerous activities just for fun?? Well, I love throwing myself out of airplanes at 13,000ft, so I answered yes. They also asked...Have you ever spent a good amount of time getting over the effects of drugs/alcohol. Well, of course I answered yes!! Who has ever drank and NOT had a hangover and spent the next day in sweat pants, eating greasy food???? Then finally, I admitted to smoking a little a New Years Eve party. AFTER these were handed in, they tell us all depending on your score, you may be referred to a program to help w/you addiction. WTF!!! I found it very decietful (sp?) Entrapment I call it. NOW....85% of the people there drove THEMSELVES and went to the instructors and asked if it was safe for them to park in their lot...again WTF, we were all there because we lost our damned DL. NOTHING happened to these people..NOTHING. I turned my tags in to DMV and my car has been sitting in my parents f'n back yard since OCT, now beacuse of this, I have to go for a "re-evaluation"...pay another $75 and if they put my in this program, it's $25 per week for sixteen weeks. All BULLSH*T if you ask me!!! I've held the same job for 11 1/2 years now, NEVER call out sick, I don't steal from anyone, don't shoot shit in my veins, snort anything up my nose, have done everything this damn state has asked/made me do since the loss of DL and now this!!!! I hardly even drink anymore. It makes me sick to my stomach!! All because I was honest!!! I urge everyone not to drink and drive, not only for the obivious reasons, but because of the other BS that comes with it!!!! AHH..sorry for the rant!! And thanks for listening!!

There are a lot of myths out there about that, such as the one about THC being detectable for 6-8 weeks after smoking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have NO idea if this is actually true or not.......but I ran into someone in Korea that CLAIMS to have been popped on a urine test after not smoking for 4 months. He did however admit that he had smoked in excess of 4 ounces in 2 weeks while on leave prior to going to Korea. Is that really possible? Not the smoking 4 ounces......the getting busted for it 4 months later.

I think 4 months sounds like an exageration. (edited to add, although it should be noted that going through a quarter pound of pot in only two weeks is WAY in excess of normal pot smoking. A quarter pound of marijuana is bigger than one of those 5 lb bags of sugar :o)

I think the record was 3 months. A guy who smoked ridculously huge amounts of pot every day for years was put in prison & tested regularly. He continued to excrete THC metabolites for, I think, 90 days. (I don't have the article here, so I'm trying to remember)

So it became "common knowledge" that if you smoke pot, they will pick it up for 3 months.

But again, that was from someone who was pretty much stoned 24/7 for years. He had probably accumulated large amounts of THC in his adipose cells over the years.

For normal pot smokers, the metabolites are below detectable levels in 10-15 days. And if you're the type who only smokes at the occasional party a few times per month, it could easily be below detectable limits in 5 days.
Speed Racer

I have no problem with drug testing as I have nothing to hide.

A common attitude.

But just wait until the often-poorly-trained people doing the testing fuck up the test, or accidentally switch a sample. Or if you injest something legal that cross-reacts with the antibodies used in the test.

THEN try convincing them that you're innocent.:P

The people who do the testing are often just given a quick workshop in how to run the test. They are not biochemists. They know nothing about cross-reacting epitopes, etc.

All they know is that the test paper (or liquid, depending on the type of test) turned a pretty color, and according to the directions that came with the kit, that means you are a druggie.

And you are guilty in their minds until proven innocent.
:P
Speed Racer

Do you engage in risky or dangerous activities just for fun?? Well, I love throwing myself out of airplanes at 13,000ft, so I answered yes

I never answer "yes" to any kind of question like that. Yes, skydiving is a "risky or dangerous" sport, but I take all safety precautions, so I don't think it's risky.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I never answer "yes" to any kind of question like that

Same here! I'll ride my motorcycle to the place where I'm filling the forms, wearing a skydiving t-shirt and check off "no" because I take the precautions needed to help alleviate the risk. Not only that, but checking "yes" is a HUGE red flag on those forms.[:/]
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Aw skygrl, I'm so sorry you were honest with the state about anything. You must've been raised in a convent to believe they actually wanted to "help" you. I guess now you know better. Anyway, if you've been sober since the fall and only smoked a little poot on New Year's Eve, you should probably be alright and pass the test. I know you won't feel much better about it until you do pass, but try not to worry too much if you can help it. And don't EVER trust the government ever, ever, again. The whole reason we have a Bill of Rights is to protect us from the government, because our founding fathers knew that all governments are fundamentally evil.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !