sundevil777

Landing at the old Hong Kong airport

Some good and scary pics.

Very much reminds me of living just north of the Seattle airport (except for no severe turn was needed). For some sick reaon they put an airport where the ground rises for quite a way to the north.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>Holy crap, those two 747's dragging the outboard engines!

Yep. After one such (now-infamous) touchdown, the pilot elected to abort the landing. This was later deemed to be a bad idea as it put him back in the air with two engines on fire, one of which was no longer producing power. He later managed to get the plane on the ground at a different airport.

And the unhappy ending for one.

Wow! Reassuring to see that those things actually do float, and not just in the diagrams on the safety cards. Although I guess those are better conditions than most in which to put an airliner down in water. Don't suppose you have a picture of the escape slides detached to form life rafts? That one always looks a bit far-fetched to me.

Yep. To anyone who has not found it yet, airliners.net has pretty pictures.

Just choose to look at the most viewed pictures. You can find the seeds that started at least a dozen dropzone threads with variations on the idea of "Holy shit, bad things happen in the aviation industry."

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?static=yes&specialsearch=order_views
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

You know, HK's massive housing projects were started by the British, and cancelled by the Chinese.

Go figure :S They were moved to the Chinese mainland to handle the influx of refugees. The Chinese goverment is building the Yangsee (spelling) river damn. It's relocating over 5 million farmers and rural Chinese people just to flood their country side with water.

This is one of the worst disasters to be done to nature and history in general. The world is going to loose so much history (before communism) it's so sad. The Chinese gov doesn't care about China before communism...

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

This is one of the worst disasters to be done to nature and history in general. The world is going to loose so much history (before communism) it's so sad. The Chinese gov doesn't care about China before communism...

That is sad, I finally got a chance to study Middle East Asia this past fall, talk about a rich culture and history.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Actually, let's not and say we did.
As I mentioned earlier...go look at airliners.net I even posted the link. We have had who knows how many threads on the same pictures.

The even have forums, you can post about skydiving there.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.