T_P

Help needed - what comes with a main canopy?

I'm sure this is a simple question for anyone who has been though this before. I bought the wrong main canopy. It all came shipped in the container. I'm selling the canopy. The person buying the canopy is fairly new too and hasnt bought a canopy before. What comes WITH the canopy when it comes from the manufacturer. Specifically, does the pilot chute, the D-bag, or the metal or soft links (not sure which) come with the canopy? Or anything else I may have neglected here.

Many thanks for your help!

Links are all that should come with canopy. Risers, togle, bag, and pilot chute stay with the container. When you are disconnecting risers make sure and reconnect the links so the lines are in the correct line group.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

main parachute : some nylon fabric, lots of lines, links to attach lines to risers.

what does NOT come with the main : Dbag, link between Dbag and canopy, risers, toggles
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Generally the links, lines, canopy itself and slider stay with the canopy. The risers, d-bag, pilot chute and bridle stay with the container. It is common to "dedicate" a set of risers to a canopy so that someone can swap it out rapidly, but that's not the standard. So if you are buying or selling it that way make sure to make it clear that risers do come with it.

Two other points:
First: main risers are high wear items, so the seller may be doing you a favor by not providing main risers when he sells an old container.

Secondly: every piece of gear (main, reserve, container, AAD, etc.) should come with a manual. fortunately, most manuals are now available on-line.

Thanks very much everyone. Very helpful advice. Sounds like the answer is pretty clear - I will make it clear to the buyer so he knows exactly what he is getting.

I have noticed something.... Having posted on climbing forums for many years, where you often get sarcastic or frivolous advice, or no response at all, it seems people on here are willing to answer even the most banal questions with really helpful genuine advice. That is a really nice change!

"

Thanks very much everyone. Very helpful advice. ...

I have noticed something.... Having posted on climbing forums for many years, where you often get sarcastic or frivolous advice, or no response at all, it seems people on here are willing to answer even the most banal questions with really helpful genuine advice. That is a really nice change!

"

That is because we believe in keeping junior jumpers alive.