JaapSuter

Cost Of Living Comparisons

Hi,

does anybody know a good cost-of-living comparison chart or calculator that includes both Canada and the United States?

Something like: if you're currently living in A, and you're making B, you should be making X if you move to Y and want to keep your standard of living the same.

Thanks,

Jaap

Take that web page with a grain of salt. It says I can get by making less money here in broomfield CO (just northwest of Denver) than I could in Houston TX. It also says that you need to make less money to live in Napa CA than living in Fairfield CA.

Let's just say that is not quite accurate.
Fly it like you stole it!

I don't think ANY online calculator could be entirely accurate,... figured those things are for a rough guide of relative costs, anyway.

Nope wasn't expecting true accuracy, but it was about $30,000 off from what my company thought the cost of living in CO was. What my company thought was even a bit low when you add in the increased cost of gas, food and recreation. :S

That is why I said take it with a grain of salt. Guess I should have added to ask people in that area what they are paying for housing and such.
Fly it like you stole it!

WTF? It says I need to make less in Palmdale, CA than in the middle of corn fields in Illinois!

No one could pay me enough to live in Palmdale!

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

What my company thought was even a bit low when you add in the increased cost of gas, food and recreation.

don't forget car insurance... wheni lived in colorado it was double what i would of payed in ohio....... heck since i'm moving to ohio,i'm saving 300 a 6 month policy for the same coverage (well besides that damn ppo or what ever it is theyhave in colorado and utah for medical bills for yourself)