upndownshop

USPA 420

I have been debating over this for a while so finally I thought what the heck?

I tried to do a search to find this category but a million options came up, maybe I used too popular of a key word? So if it gets locked or removed I apologize upfront.

I thought I saw someone here had the D number right after mine and wanted to figure out who it is.

So I thought I would kill two birds at the same time.

Who's got consecutive numbers?

My USPA 44632
D 23924

My Fathers USPA 386
D 1090

Heres the fun one:
My mothers USPA is 420

When I found out I didn't believe her so I verified it.
She has no clue!!
When she is out judging competitions and in a crowd I'll ask her what her USPA number is, she says 420 and everyone busts out! She has no clue.....well she is a mom she probably knows...
Its really ironic too because if you new my parents especially my father when he was alive it doesn't fit them at all!

In 2004 She hit 40 years w/ USPA and I hit 20 years. Hmmmm I thought a 420 dive could really represent!!
But then I thought how would it looked if I sent a pic of a 420 dive with her name under it...She was president of USPA for 3 terms not sure if that would go well. I think I would be grounded for the rest of my life. Of course I just posted it here...So here's the deal
Don't Tell MOM!!

What your number? Is there a match?

Thought some of you might enjoy that.

:D

You arent helping me here Turtle.

Believe it or not, the meaning of this is NOT obvious :S:S

The inside dope on '420' buzz

(Definitions)

When, where and why did innocuous numbers become a sly reference to "pot smoker"? Its history is hazy but the smoke may finally be clearing on the real story.

...How a random three-digit number became a pot euphemism is, in itself, a story. Either that, or something from the annals of Cheech & Chong.

Links between youth culture and the number surfaced after the April 20, 1999, Columbine massacre, when some postulated that the shooters chose the date of their rampage to coincide either with Hitler's birthday or some date of unspecified importance to teenage youth culture. Well before that, however, pager-toting suburban adolescents throughout the country used the three digits as a code for smoking marijuana. And in 1991, High Times magazine, a staunch promoter of the 420 phenomenon, published an item on a flier that a staffer found circulating at a Grateful Dead concert in Oakland: "WAKE 'N' BAKE. Smoke Pot At 4:20," the flier reportedly said.

The term, however, appears to have been coined long before then, according to those who have tracked it. Stern, for example, says she heard it as long ago as the late 1980s, when she was working with young people in a Pennsylvania drug treatment facility. Ron Angier, field supervisor for the Marin District of California State Parks, has recollections that are older still, from his first days as a park ranger 22 years ago on Mt. Tamalpais.

"Crowds of teenagers just started showing up on the mountain at 4:20 p.m. on April 20," Angier said. "Maybe a thousand kids went up one year to Bolinas Ridge, this open vista that overlooks the Pacific Ocean and Stinson Beach."

In fact, the only documented story behind the 420 phenomenon is the most comically mundane one, starring a group of now-middle-aged former slackers at San Rafael High School in 1971. One -- now a commercial lender in San Francisco -- told the story on condition that he be referred to only by his first name, Steve.

The group agreed to meet that afternoon after school at 4:20 p.m. by a campus statue of Louis Pasteur, he said, and head out to search for the marijuana patch. "But one thing led to another," he laughed, "and suffice it to say we never found it. Every day we'd meet at 4:20 by this statue, and every day we'd just end up getting high and driving around for hours." Over time, the mere phrase "four-twenty" -- exchanged in a hallway, or discreetly mentioned in the presence of teachers and parents -- became their personal code for "time to get high," he said.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Wow, I had no idea.

I was a monster dopefiend, acidhead, alkie from age 13 till age 31.

A mere 9 years have passed since I got clean and sober and all the lingo
changes on me. Even in my heyday I never heard that term before.
I guess I was a sheltered druggie.

What the hell is wrong with these kids these days!!!

They're all on POT!!!! B|
__

My mighty steed

I remember the term 420 when I was in high school and college. It wasn't a highly used "code" for getting high then.

A new geeky version is \x01A4 which in hex = 420 ... B|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Ok
I got scared ..;):S SO here it is again.

I just wanted to know who has consecutive USPA or D numbers. I also posted my mothers USPA number.

My USPA 44632
D 23924
My Fathers USPA 386
D1090

My mothers USPA 420
D? got look it up

My mother has no clue at least she acts like it....she is a mom so she probably knows everything.

It is ironic that she has that number because if you know my parents especially my father when he was alive it just doesn't fit.
In 2004 my mother hit 40 years with USPA and I hit 20...So I thought about making a "420" dive.....No not that..
420 could "represent"!

Make the numbers 420 in the air, I know it isn't easy, but it is doable.

But then I thought how would it look if I sent a pic in to Parachutist of a 420 dive with my mothers name under it??

I mean she was president for three terms at USPA.
So even though I just posted this again...

Here's the deal

Don't tell my MOMMY!!!;):P;)

Who has the numbers before or after mine??

Did you see that guy on "Price Is Right" a few weeks ago? When it came his turn to bid he said,"I've been waiting my whole life for this Bob. $420." And every bid after that was - $420. He never got on stage, what a dork.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

I think i knew that but I can't remember!!

No really I had know idea thats interesting.
I hadn't heard of it until I got back into jumping 4 years ago...I finally asked someone why it is always 420? I all ever heard was someone ask outloud what time is it..respons was 420 everytime!!

Now i get it.