vt1977

Charles to marry Camilla but she won't be queen

thanks, so what will happen to charles's wife if she does not become queen, what does she become?

Really general rule...

The wife of a King generally becomes Queen but the husband of a Queen does not become King - they are normally given some other title.

i.e. the current Queen's husband is Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh. Queen Victoria's husband was Prince Albert, the Prince Consort. I'm guessing that is where the proposed (eventual) title for Camilla of Princess Consort has come from. Because of a certain amount of controversy surrounding Charles and Camilla's relationship they have announced that she won't become Queen when he becomes King.

Confused yet?

Vicki

Hell Ya!!!:D SO, lets talk about time frame. how much longer is the good queen gonna rule?

Until she dies or abdicates (relinquishes her throne) when it will pass to Charles, being her eldest son.

Vicki

Is this true? I am English (or was) and I always thought that a divorced male could not become head of The Church of England, and therefore not become King (which also carries the title Defender of the Faith). Isn't the succession straight down to the eldest son of the Charles/Dianna alliance.

ps: I really don't care which of the inbred idiots gets the crown........
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Is this true? I am English (or was) and I always thought that a divorced male could not become head of The Church of England, and therefore not become King (which also carries the title Defender of the Faith).

I am ashamed to admit to not knowing the answer, but if it is true, then it is quite ironic as King Henry VIII created the Church of England so he could divorce his first wife....

Liz

Is this true? I am English (or was) and I always thought that a divorced male could not become head of The Church of England, and therefore not become King (which also carries the title Defender of the Faith).

Charles and Diana were divorced in 1996. But since she is now dead he is free to re-marry (that is my understanding anyway!).

The controversy comes over the fact that Camilla is divorced and her ex-husband is still alive.

Vicki

Edit because it was early in the morning when I wrote the first message and realised I was WRONG!

Is this true? I am English (or was) and I always thought that a divorced male could not become head of The Church of England, and therefore not become King (which also carries the title Defender of the Faith). Isn't the succession straight down to the eldest son of the Charles/Dianna alliance.

Now I'm confused, Isn't the whole point of the C of E that the King can get hitched to however many people he wants? (Although I'm hoping it'll be a moot point, and the monarchy just fades away after Liz snuffs it)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Now I'm confused, Isn't the whole point of the C of E that the King can get hitched to however many people he wants? (Although I'm hoping it'll be a moot point, and the monarchy just fades away after Liz snuffs it)

"Once a king, always a king, but once a (k)night is not enough".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.