Tonto

New Gear!

It's here!

I got a Mirage G3 as a Wingsuit specific rig, to match my G4 which is now primarily for AFF dives. It arrived yesterday.

So I now have

Mirage G4, PD 126R, Stilleto 107

and

Mirage G3, PD 126R, Safire 119

My GF has the same setup, except her Mirage G4 is for Stilleto 97 and PD 113R and her G3 for Safire 2 99 and PD 113R.

We have a 5th rig between us, with Birdman mods, in case either of us need to make a Back to back to back. It's a G3.

Pics are taken at night, with my phone, of the unpacked harness. We'll be getting all this stuff packed up for use this weekend!

t
It's the year of the Pig.

You suck:P

I'm about to order the following B|B|

Edit to ask
Hey T is your kit sponsored?
If it is you suck even more:P:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sponsored?

Nothing on main's and reserves. (But there may be 25% off in future)
My rigs are Mirage "Staff" rigs, hence the "JSC" logo which means I get 40% off base, and I think 25% off options. I think it's important to say that I chose Mirage before that deal came through, though, simply because I'd been using the G3 mentioned in my 1st post as a back to back.

I'm a Birdman dealer and both Taya and I are BMI's, so it's in our best interests to pay for the Birdman logo on our rigs to help market the products we use and sell.

Just a working Joe. But a happy one - especially since my G4 is now a year and 400 skydives older than the G3 - but looks as good as new!

t

No. It doesn't. And with you being in Botswana for the weekend.... I have 3 rigs to myself! Haha!

I PROMISE I won't take your BRAND NEW Safire 2 99 out for a spin. :) (Although in IDENTICAL rigs - I could mistakenly take the wrong one...:P)

t

Don't make me come over there :P I know I'll come home and have to kick the rigs out of my side of the bed just so I can sleep next to you again :o

Now stop ogling your own gear and get back to work :)
It's the Year of the Dragon.

:$

Busted! Most people don't remember that rig.... (sigh of nostalgia)

Thing is, with the Dollar where it is, this new rig cost me R7000... and that's cheaper than a Vortex 2. I don't like the ICON and it's "few sizes fits all" philosophy along with its placement of cutaway and reserve handles low down and way back... so with the desision made to buy US gear - I looked around but ultimately settled on what I'd been using. After another year using only Mirages, another Mirage seemed like an even better idea. It's nice liking your new gear so much that you end up with new, new gear.

Gear yuppie? Maybe, but that one rig only needed to do maybe 200 dives a year. My G4 did double that last year - and if the whisperings of our Porter becoming a SUPER Porter soon turn out to be true... I may even need ANOTHER rig. But I'll see how I go with what I have.

Now, as my Cypri begin to expire, I'll be replacing them with Vigils...

Gear yuppie? OK. You got me!:D

t

New Gear?
(no ne else has said it, so..)

That rhymes with BEER!!!

Maybe since it's St Patty's Day coming up, you can get green beer to go with everyone's green eyes of jealousy. :P

edit:
I'll be sure to point out to Robyn that I'm not the only guy who admits to loving his pink gear. B|
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Well.... OK then.

I'll buy beer.:(

And my gear isn't pink:( It's black and red. I guess that shitty phone cam has everyone thinking I think pink is the new black..

But this weekend I'll put it all behind me - literally - and go skydive!

t

::points and laughs::==============>Kennedy

Sorry sweetie, but you seem to be the only one who is proud of his pink shit...:D...

~R+R:)...You know I love you...:-*...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...