mcordell

22' SAC information

I need to find a manual for the 22' SAC.

No it's not to wrap it in to throw it in the trash either.....

While I understand the two stow "death" diaper which the SAC came with, I still need to find the manual so that I have a full set of instructions for the canopy. I have looked everywhere and cannot find it. Does anyone have an old dusty manual laying around they would be willing to scan?
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

Hi mcordell,

I do not remember the SAC coming with any 'two stow diaper.' They usually came with a full-stow diaper ( when configured for a sport reserve container ) or a flat-full-stow diaper ( when configured for a pilot rig ).

Send me an email with your address & I'll see what info I have.

JerryBaumchen

PS) What are you putting it in?

the 22' sac reserve came only with a two stow diaper from the factory. I have heard that many modified this to a full stow diaper, however mine is unmodified. I am putting it into an old vector 1 which has stow loops in the pack tray to accommodate for the two stow diaper with a joule for a main. the whole system only has about 50 to 100 jumps on it with none on the SAC. It's getting recert after acid mesh test right now.

Let me rephrase that.....the sac came only with a two stow diaper AS FAR AS MY RESEARCH HAS SHOWN. The rigger I spoke with initially about it also stated it didn't come with a full stow diaper but perhaps there was a time when it did right before they stopped making them.

That being said, I found a reasonably legible download of the manual so I am good now.

It should be a memorable experience every time I get to jump the gear, which won't be often as I have new gear I jump. The gear belonged to my mother who died in january of last year. I regret that I never got to jump with her in her lifetime but I'm fairly excited that I have her gear and can take it up now that it will fit.

Thanks for responding.

What year was it made? I recall a discusion here about GQ securitys pollicies on there current equipment and it's effects on older security gear. Is it legal to pack that or are they all grounded? Not throwing stones here. Great canopy. If you don't want it I'll sure take it and put it in a base rig for water jumps. But what was the final concenses on all of that?

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

Hi mcordell,

I do not remember the SAC coming with any 'two stow diaper.' They usually came with a full-stow diaper ( when configured for a sport reserve container ) or a flat-full-stow diaper ( when configured for a pilot rig ).

Send me an email with your address & I'll see what info I have.

JerryBaumchen

PS) What are you putting it in?

I heard that some people converted theirs to full stow diapers, but when I enquired about mine I was told there was no TSO'd configuration other than a 2 stow diaper. Worked just fine both times

The one I owned had the "two stow" diaper and the rest of the lines were stowed in the container.

I remember if you were a goober and put both line groups into the diaper stows you would die. Only one line group locked the diaper and the excess (on that side) was taken up in the container. It was tricky . . .

NickD
:)

Oh, I think it was made in 81 or so. Unfortunately it passes the strength test but fails the acid mesh test so I can't use it. It is legal to pack if it passes the test.

There is another legal option of washing it to neutralize the acid and then test it again in which case if it passes you can use it, but I'm not going to mess with it. It would make a great base water canopy though.

The real down side is I need to find another reserve in the raven 1 size range now to put in this container.

Check that rig and make sure it has four reserve risers. Some only had two and there was only one square certified for two, the strong hobbit. (I think) The manual I can find online is from gargano. It doesn't say anything about two risers. I have the strong version at home. I'm virtually certain that it says two or four risers and one of my old customers had one in a Vector I on two risers.

But I may be full of it today.:S

If your profile is right your 210 out the door. I think it's a good thing the SAC failed. Wanting to jump your mother's gear is great, but wanting to survive a reserve ride is better.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Washing acidic reserves is a simple - albeit labour-intensive - process.
Just get some mild laundry detergent (detailed in the Airworthiness Directive circa 1988) and a bathtub. Gently wash the canopy, with minimal aggitation. Rinse several times and hang in the shade to dry.
But the bottom line is that any canopy that old would be better in a museum.

that's why it's not getting washed. Its small enough already and was only going in a second rig. I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed the ride down, but it would have beat the alternative. I'm not willing to wash and retest it because as small as it would be for my weight, I don' t want to introduce any more variables that would increase porosity and decrease ass saving drag. It's either going to someone who has a use for it or it will become the "acid mesh tent".