verticalflier

Is Argus still in business?

Several long-standing parachute manufacturers skipped PIA because sales are down and they could not justify the expense.
Only companies (Airborne Systems, Eagle Systems, North American Aerodynamics, Pioneer, UPT, etc.) that sell large amounts to the military were there in full force.

For example: Precision did not have a booth at PIA 2009, but I chatted with George Galloway over breakfast and he cheerfully answered several difficult questions.

Have not seen them at PIA.
Couple of my friends have ordered new units last year and still haven't heard about when they can get them.
Is Argus still in business?

Aviacom is still doing business.

Go to their website. Send them an email.

I usually get responses in about a day, but we're literally on opposite sides of the world.

Hy guys !

Aviacom SA, the company that has put the Argus on the market is well alive !
Due to the unfortunate world-wide crisis, the production is at a slower pace, that's why a delivery-time of 8 weeks is needed.

Hope this clarification will be welcomed by the community.

For Aviacom SA
Willem DRIESSENS
Logistic Manager

I'd hope they are still in business. I just ordered one from ChutingStar and Mike said it's been set aside until he can ship my canopies, so they are available still.

Hey Josh (and others),

Yes, Argus is still in business. They haven't been advertising as much. We still keep new units in stock as well as replacement parts, as does other gear shops such as Para-Concepts.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

LOL!!! I click this link worried that Argus is going out of business and I'm worried cause Alex and I have 3 of them and I see a post about my dog Argus....too funny!
"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But, the self is not something that one finds. It is something that one creates"- Thomas Szasz

I don't see how I could possibly pack him in my rig with my optimum 126. How exactly are supposed to install him? I don't even want to know how to turn him on before the first jump of the day.

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

I don't see how I could possibly pack him in my rig my optimum 126. How exactly are supposed to install him? I don't even want to know how to turn him on before the first jump of the day.

-Hixxx

Yeah, but look at it this way, Argus the dog doesn't require expensive batteries to run on. Milk bones and Pup-er-onie's is all he needs! :P:D

I don't see how I could possibly pack him in my rig my optimum 126. How exactly are supposed to install him? I don't even want to know how to turn him on before the first jump of the day.

-Hixxx

Yeah, but look at it this way, Argus the dog doesn't require expensive batteries to run on. Milk bones and Pup-er-onie's is all he needs! :P:D

But you have to put in new batteries every day.

And what becomes of the old batteries?

We've heard of the occasional battery leakage damaging gear, but this takes it to a whole new level.