skybytch

Should I be upset?

It's not my fault. All I really wanted was to have my old 'puter - the one I left with my kid when I went to FL - working again. I didn't really care that the processor and operating system are soooo 1999. But this really nice guy offered to fix it and who am I to refuse such an offer?

I was told yesterday that it's almost done. While I'm very excited to getting my own machine again after 6 months of being 'puterless, I wonder. Should I be sad that the 933 mhz Pentium 3 motherboard has been upgraded to a 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4? Should I be upset that the crappy Windows ME operating system has been replaced with XP? Should I be worried that I'll ever be able to really use the massive amounts of RAM he installed? Should I be mad that he's putting a bunch of really cool programs on it for me?

Somehow I think not.

It ain't the cool lappie I let drown in Florida but it's gonna be soooo nice to have my own computer again. But don't blame me when you're sick and tired of my constant post whoring. Blame that WeakMindedFool.

Thanks, Jason. You da best. :)

I've got a 500 Mhz Pentium 3, Windows 98, and not much RAM. I'm not sure how upset I'd be if someone made those kinds of changes to my computer. Probably furious! :D

Blues,
Dave

ditto:)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I have a friend who is going to do wonders for my computer after this semester ends. I don't think I would be upset if he added cool stuff either. In fact I don't think I would be very upset if he found a way to get my computer from getting that darn busy message all the time and freezing up. It's funny how a few drinks will get guys to do just about anything ;)

B|:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Holy gigabytes Batman! It's arrived and it's even sicker than I was told to expect. Only one part of the machine I handed him remains - the CD burner. He even replaced the box! :D

Next step is to get the router hooked up to the satellite broadband. Hopefully my roomie and I can figure that out tonight.

Now if only I could find all the games I used to own...

Thanks again Jason! B|

Hey, Bytch! How close are you to Oakland? Got some one that wants to hook up with us while I'm out there visiting you.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey