hooked

Okay, truth time, who's watching American Idol?

I am and there is some amazing talent this time. My favorites? Bo, Carrie, Nadia, Constantine, and Mikayla because of her 'attitude'.

Geez, they are all really good, it is hard to choose:S

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I enjoy listening to music, and this show, showcases some very good singers! Granted, I don't like how the show 'works', but it does give these singers an opportunity to sing and be seen! This season has some outstanding performers.

J

any musician worth his ass would do better.

Nothing that an 8 ball would not fix...:|

:P

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I watch it and I enjoy it. Somebody posted about these people not paying their dues. The funny thing is there are people on there like Bo and Constantine who have been playing in bands for a long time and this show is giving them a shot. Bo is my favorite:)

I watch it and I enjoy it. Somebody posted about these people not paying their dues. The funny thing is there are people on there like Bo and Constantine who have been playing in bands for a long time and this show is giving them a shot. Bo is my favorite:)

Bo is my favorite too!

J

I'd rather slam my nutz in a car door several times that watch shows like that....

I wouldn't go that far. (or even remotely close) But I too hate those shows with a passion.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

:)
My wife and I usually watch the beginning auditions..
Some of those contestants who ( sadly ) have ZERO talent are among our favorites because they have Great Confidence,,, a willingness to be embaressed on National TV,,, a certain"flair", and the unstoppable belief that they ARE good...;)
More power to them..
However Now, at this stage of the program most all the contestants are pretty much on the save level playing field....
I am not real keen on the way the "public " votes.
I have some issues with the various contestants, "entourages" family and friends,,, who seem to take offense whenever a critique goes against who they perceive will be their "future meal ticket" hahahaha..
Also when the one contestant voluntarily left,,,,, and they replaced him with Ozzie Smiths' kid......I smelled a rat..... In fact didn't Nikko (sp) Smith get fairly eliminated in one of the earlier shows.?....It seems to me that he was not such a good singer, but had a kind of arrogant, privledged, sort of a way about him...Did THAT have an impact on his return????
....At this point there is only 10 or 15 minutes of actual singing, in an entire one hour episode... While I do like the Judges and their candor,,, having the general public Vote for the winners leaves too much room for "padding the ballot box" by people who vote and vote and vote, maybe hundreds of times for the same person.... not real fair....[:/]

I admit it...I watch faithfully every week. I have a soft spot for Nikko...He is from St. Louis. I also like Nadia.

Mikahlah has to go. I liked her when she was young and fun, but her singing ballads is awful.

I also think Anwar is awful. He picks such weird songs, and all of them so schmaltzy.....

I heard in the radio this morning that they were going to re-air last nights show in its entirety due to the "screw-up." What was the screw up????

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

I appreciate the fact that Nikko changed his name from Osborne (his actual name) so that his connection to Ozzie would be down-played. It was not really mentioned all that often. He was the one who came back because one guy quit and Nikko was the eliminated guy with the most votes.

I just found out the "screwup". Apparently some of the phone numbers were printed incorrectly at the bottom of the screen, so apparently we are going to see the whole show again, and get to vote again.

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

I appreciate the fact that Nikko changed his name from Osborne (his actual name) so that his connection to Ozzie would be down-played. It was not really mentioned all that often. He was the one who came back because one guy quit and Nikko was the eliminated guy with the most votes.***

:)any way His old man.. The "wizard of OZ" is tops in my book..... Go Cards..B|

I don't like that the "public votes" either. Sometimes voting tends to be a 'popularity' contest rather than for talent.

I hadn't heard about the show being aired again because of a 'mix up' in the phone numbers:S.

I love the comments by the judges and USUALLY....Simon is 'right on'.

J

I believe that Simon said that he could not imagine the top twelve without Nikko. And then he was eliminated. And now he is back. I don't think he will win, but I certainly think there are people who should get voted off long before him.

And I am a HUGE Cardinal fan....so I love Ozzie, but that is not why I like Nikko. I do remember him as a little boy doing a somersault on the field when Ozzie was too injured to do his annual opening day flip.

He was known as OJ back then.

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

I'm with you on the beginning episodes...besides people without talent, there are some that just can't be told no or will go out of their way to get in the competition. My favorites:

1) The contestant who was told he could come back in IF he could find someone on the street he could sing better than. They took a camera to the street with the contestant and had random people outsing him in the street. The payoff was the sunsetting as he walks the street looking for ANYONE he could outsing.

2) The bad singer that went from city to city changing his hair cut and clothing style SWEARING that he wasn't there before. 'I'm not me!'

3) Psycho girl who stopped short of having her head spin as she was turned down. Okay..psycho girl 2005 if that helps.

4) the 48 year old that tried to lie and say he was under 29. He had some pancake makeup on thicker than Tammy Faye's and Simon couldn't stop laughing to save his life. Nor could I. That was classic.
Edited to add: the fool sang "Young Girl Get Out of My Mind" as if that wasn't a tipoff of his age!

I predict: Jessica's has staying power. ~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Craichead and I watch it religiously.

Neither one of us can stand Mikayal, because we both hate Barbara Streisand, and it seems like that's all she's capable of doing.

We love Bo, Constantine, Scott, and Nadia.

I thought Nadia's show last night was weak, and destroyed a great song. Simon hit the nail on the head when he said it was like a comic-revue on a cruise-line. It almost seemed to be satire.

Carrie and Jessica both hit homeruns last night, but I don't think they'll be in the finals.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Yeah, I like the show. . .so what. . .

Anyway, my usual favorites are Bo and Nadia. I seem to ALWAYS agree with Simon on the comments - though last night he was nice to a couple that I would have thrown tomatoes at. . .lol
FGF #6
Darcy