windcatcher

Special Thanks To Generous Dz.Commers

Here is a special thank you to everyone who has in some way or another helped get me in the air recently:)I don't think I should mention names, because the givers may feel embarrassed:$ or shy;)
But I wanted everyone to know there are some really great people I have "met" on this site, who have helped me out in the past.
Here's what the dz.commers did:

*One sent me a check for $250, knowing I was out of a job
*One sent me a check for $50 for jump tickets
*Another one sent me a "boogie bag"--
*And let's NOT forget the nice thing Frenchy did for me too:D;)
( all of these given to me by dz.commers who've never even met me:o)
and of course, I've got the wonderful dz.com friends Dan and Chad, who have helped me either by packing or buying me a jump.

Ya gotta love the people in this sportB|
Sarah
Thank you so much everyone, for your generosity. I firmly believe you who gave, will be blessed in some way or another for helping out a fellow starving skydiver:P I love:$ my dz.commers!
edit: and thank you also to those who offered to help me in some way or gave me words of encouragement:)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Wow that is awesome. See, you are loved by this big family.
And i couldn't even get a song sung to me yesterday.
;)

Thanks for sharing your joy.

yeah:$ I feel loved:$. I never could have imagined the wonderful people I have met through this sport. I definitely feel like the people at my new dz are family; I can't wait to travel to boogies and meet other skydivers, especially the ones who've helped me out;)

Wow that is awesome. See, you are loved by this big family.
And i couldn't even get a song sung to me yesterday.
;)

Thanks for sharing your joy.

Just out of curiosity how many males have been "helped" out by Doy commers?

There's been a few post from females who have had assistance (anoymous or other) from Dotcommers, but how many males have been helped?
I mean dotcommers whom you are not physicalluy known to. That doesn't include being helped by poeple you acutally know IRL

I'd venture a guess at 0

Or am I just cynical:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Just out of curiosity how many males have been "helped" out by Doy commers?

There's been a few post from females who have had assistance (anoymous or other) from Dotcommers, but how many males have been helped?
I mean dotcommers whom you are not physicalluy known to. That doesn't include being helped by poeple you acutally know IRL

I'd venture a guess at 0

:D:D:Dyeah, when I tell people of the assistance I've gotten, they're like: It must be great to be a chick in this sport! :D
I understand what you're saying, when I have $$ I plan on helping others out, regardless of their sex.
I just feel blessed people have helped me out, period:P

I can't complain though... I went to Dublin, jumped, took lots of pictures, had a great time and did 3 interviews while there or in the car.

Besides. Unemployment is so much fun B| Too bad I got a new job already. :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I can think of at least one recently, though truth be told I don't know whether they were people he knew IRL...

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1466049
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I don't even have gas money to make it to a DZ...:S...maybe I should put up an add saying something like "will pack for gas"...though I am afraid of what kind of gas I'll get...:D...

Glad to hear that people on here helped ya...B|...That is a really cool gesture...But I seriously think that if someone offered me money, I couldn't accept it unless I worked for it in some way...guess it's just a weirdness of mine...:S[:/]B|...

~R+R:)...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Squeak, I share alot of your doubts (for lack of a better word). But I do have to say there have been a number of people on here that have helped me out, not financially but giving me lifts, keeping me occupied when I was grounded, and teaching me how to do things, lending me shit. And I am not even female (not last time I checked). I think it goes with the sport. But I agree I think it is easier for a female in similar situations. Mind you they have to put up with wierd ass guys trying to crack onto them all the time. I personally just like doing things for myself, and I will help anyone out if I can.

Yay for dz.commers!!

[Just out of curiosity how many males have been "helped" out by Doy commers?

I'd venture a guess at 0

Ask Aggiedave who helped him with his wedding cowboy boots :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

[Just out of curiosity how many males have been "helped" out by Doy commers?

I'd venture a guess at 0

Ask Aggiedave who helped him with his wedding cowboy boots :|

Yup... and I know some people pitched in and helped pds out a few weeks back.... it *DOES* happen... but us guys are too stubborn-proud to ask for help until the Sheriff is knocking on the door with the eviction notice - the ladies have a bit more sense that way...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706