partyboy

Any Skydivers lift weights..?

I've lifted weights the majority of my adolescent/adult life. I never lifted to be a muscle head, I just try to keep myself healthy and in great shape.

One thing I have notice since I started jumping is a lot of skydivers don't exercise. I don't understand that. In my opinion, I would want to be in really great shape if I'm throwing myself from an airplane. Why??? It reduces the chance of injury from bad landings, collisions, ect ect. Obviously, if we are talking about a high speed malfunction or collision, the exercise isn't going to do shit for you. However, it could help prevent you from tweaking an ankle, blowing a knee, or whatever.

Here is a recent pic of me, excuse the pie:D:D

The Original Cabana Boy!

I lift skydivers... does that count??

I have a friend who knocks them down picks them off their feet and drags them accross the landing area. Does it count as well?:|

fixed it for you..;)

I just recently started back lifting and doing aerobics 3-4 times a week after 4 years off. It helps relieve the stress of work, will hopefully help me loose a few pounds and tone back up what 41 years of living has done to my body. I do find if I lift heavily and exert myself I am stiffer the following couple of days but I'm hoping the aerobics will help keep me more stretched out and it will all even out in the end. I have found that lifting hasn't come back as easily as the aerobics has especially after a broken elbow but I'm keeping at it.

I really missed my workouts but thought being a single mom it was more important to be with my girls than be buff. Now that they are older I can swing that and skydiving and not feel so guilty.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Is it just me or does "BAM" look like Dave's got something going on in his pants?

:$

That shot is my Favourite Tackleberry shot:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That shot is my Favourite Tackleberry shot

I got that nickname (Tackleberry) while I was in the Corps of Cadets and when my knees worked enough that I had a USMC PLC contract...its even funnier now that I blew apart a knee and am becoming a cop.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I go to the gym everyday, but not necessarliy to get fit for skydiving, it's just something I do. I love the way I feel after a workout, and I have this aversion to getting fat, and at my age you really have to work at staying in shape. I've been sick recently so have toned my workouts down from 3 hrs. to 1 1/2 hrs. and I'm missing that extra time.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

pretty much all the time for quite a few years most of my adult life off and on but pretty regular for the pas 7 or 8 years now about 4 or 5 days a week just to keep in shape and i feel it keeps me from getting hurt as easy and if i do get an injury i tend to heal faster .i also do a lot of flexibility stuff as well just my ideah,s on your question have fun
till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates