JRock

Need to lose 50 lbs. Please bust my balls....

Since I have started skydiving I have gained 50lbs.
I really didn't think about how my wing loading was affected by this until I did the math this week and was shocked by how high the wing load had become.
Way too high for my skill level and currency.
I can't fit a bigger canopy into my container and renting is way too expensive. So, with safety in mind I grounded myself until I get to 200 lbs. I found myself trying to say... it will be okay... you have not had any trouble with the canopy so far. Well, it will be the one time I have to land in a tight spot that will jack me up. So, grounded I stay until I get down to 200 lbs.
So please send me PMs saying hey fat ass... did you lose some weight?
By the time I drop the weight.... I might actually have the money to jump a lot!!!!!:D

So please send me PMs saying hey fat ass... did you lose some weight?

Dude, PUBLIC ridicule is what you need.:P Not get of your fat lazy ass and go work out or something, did you HEAR me? Put down that cupcake and eat a frickin salad or something.:P:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Actually, grounding yourself is the only option you have at this point. Your gear is not TSO'd for lard asses bigger than 250.

Now get to the gym NOW:P
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Loose it because you want to. You shouldn't need people calling you mean things in order to get the willpower needed to accomplish your goal. I'm down 83 lbs so far...Just watch what you eat and get in exercise.

Think about little things you can do. Instead of stopping by to get the mail in your car or whatever, go park and then walk to the mailbox or mail station (whatever living situations you have).

Instead of taking a 5-10 minute break at work to smoke (if you do) or get a snack, go take a walk around the building. Little things like that thrown into your day will help a lot.

Land further away from the packing area so that you have to walk out from the field.

I'm serious LOL There are little things you can do that will help you out.

Good luck!!!!:)

Loose it because you want to. You shouldn't need people calling you mean things in order to get the willpower needed to accomplish your goal.

Hah, it worked for me! I use to be called "Big Time", and it wasn't cuz I made a lot of money or held a high position at work... B|

Matt

Find a food plan that works for you and stick to it. Easy way to cut a lot of crap out of your diet? Get rid of refined sugar and simple carbs. Anything with high fructose corn syrup (seems like half the packaged products out there, at least). Gone. Sodas and bottled fruit juices are big culprits for being loaded with sugar. Stick to whole grains, complex carbs, fresh foods, simple preparations. Cut out as much processed food as you can - you'll feel better, anyway.

Of course, it means being prepared - have plenty of stuff available so you're not thinking "oh, it's just easier to stop by McDonalds. It'll be easier if you're not out at the DZ every weekend - I know I'm much more likely to succumb to the easy "we're ordering pizza" solution for lunch.

Exercise. Not negotiable. You'll look better and feel better and your body will work more efficiently.

It's not easy - but if you look at it as changing your lifestyle and eating habits to get healthier, not as a "diet" that you can go off once you've reached your goal weight, you'll be better positioned for long-term health and fitness.

PM me if you want more details. By sticking to a similar formula to what I've just outlined, I dropped 125 lbs in about 18 months and went from couch potato to skater, snowboarder, scuba diver, hiker, and skydiver. It's tough, but doable. I've started skydiving since then and it's one heck of a powerful incentive not to slip back into old bad habits.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I dropped 125 lbs in about 18 months

Wow! That's incredible!! You must be so proud of that accomplishment.

I'm struggling even getting started, and I only want to drop 15 lbs. [:/]

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

You listen up here, nancy. You're a grown man, and you're gonna act like one. You're gonna eat right. You're gonna exercise. You're gonna drop that god damned weight and get back in the air, and you're gonna do it NOW!

GET IT TOGETHER! :o
cavete terrae.

Grue honey, I'm not the one asking for a ball-busting. You need balls for that. You might want to reply to JRock. Thanks for the drill sergeant motivation though!!!

:D:D

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

[personal trainer voice]

Come on you pansy, you can do one more!! PUSH IT YOU FREAKIN SISSY BOY!!! How can you expect them to throw their panties on the stage with that fat ass telling them to?? FEEL THE FUCKIN BUUUUUURN YOU LITTLE BIATCH!!!

[/personal trainer voice]

B|B|B|B|B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Join the Friday weigh-in. Unfortunately, people are supportive and are less likely to bust your balls, but, well, maybe balance is good sometimes.

That said, what Amanduh and NWflyer said make sense. You're not losing 50 lbs, you're making your lifestyle one that will support a weight that's 50 lbs less than it is now.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

216 - 160 in 4 months (a couple of years ago and still off)

Run / Swim each lunch time, cycle every evening, mon to friday.

Watch what you eat (ie eat breakfast / lunch / sensible dinner) work out how far you'd have to run to work off chocolate bar / bag of crisps (stops you from wanting to eat them!)

Weekend are off, just be sensible but treat yourself / recover from the exercise in the week.

Worked for me.