DrunkMonkey

Win MX sucks, so does Morpheus...Help!

(Yes, I searched, and the archives were of no use)

Looking for an MP3 p2p program that's doesn't suck, and is not chock full of spyware/adware.

Kazaa lite is apparently discontinued, and Win Mx doesn't work half the time. Morpheus did not work at all for me.

Any suggestions?

FTP, IRC, and USENET....

That's all I use and can find just about anything that's been published/released in the last 60 days. Sometimes harder to find older stuff, but it's possible if you have the right FTP connections.

Edit: PLUS - It's WAY faster than any P2P program.. sometimes I can download from one site as fast as my Internet connection will let me.

It avoids the MPAA and RIAA like plague!

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Because I'm a terrible, evil person.

Forgive me if I don't put an artist in their 3rd Bentley. I guess I'm going to hell for that one.

I don't see a lot of recording artists in the unemployment lines.

don't bother rebutting, you'll get no reply. I don't feel like a moral debate, I was only looking for p2p advice.

I'm not accusing downloaders of any such thing; I just want to remind people that it IS the same thing, only done it what seems like a harmless manner. I am currently victim of someone stealing my intellectual property and it's costing me a bundle in lost revenue. While it's easy enough to say that the rock stars have plenty of money anyway, and what could it hurt, when you're the little guy and someone's doing that to you, it makes a huge difference in your ability to support yourself.

I'm not accusing downloaders of any such thing; I just want to remind people that it IS the same thing, only done it what seems like a harmless manner.

Not to nitpick...well, ok. ;)

It's not the same thing. I don't care about the CD labeling, the packaging, or the cd-case covers. I just care about the music. Plus the fact that the packaged CD had to be made and that cost money. However, if my buddy Joe wants to go buy a cd, and make a copy and give it me, how is anybody losing money IF (read this part carefully) I never intended to buy the album in the first place, unless I could get a free copy. There is a difference between shoplifting and downloading - maybe not morally, but there is a difference in price loss, if you look at it that way.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump