justaflygirl

Explain the age old "double standard"

You guys know the one I am talking of....

A guy sleeps around, gets "pages in his book" He's stud...

Not so for the ladies.... not very fair if you ask me, if a girl even acts in such a fashion (with otu actually doing the deed) she often times gets the label of slut or ho....

what gives, are women just not allowed to be sexual creatures, or if they are are we simply not allowed to act on it?

Ive asked this question many times, and have never gotten a clear acceptable answer.... So I turn to ya'll my all knowing sky friends

let the debate begin!!!;)

IMO, this is unnacceptable for men or women. However, it is the partner that sets that line. If you let a partner get away with cheating, he will do it again. If many female partners let many men get away with cheating, they will do it again, and other men will envy the fact that they've done so.

Course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

|>.<|
Seriously, W.T.F. mate?

Guy sleeps around - he might get some STD (some of which now kill)

Girl sleeps around - STD, pelvic inflammatory disease, infertility, cancer, pregnancy... a few more down sides there. (not that the STD's aren't bad enough in their own right)

Besides... if you're looking for a "man" then he either hasn't slept around or won't be bragging about it.

I'm picturing from my college days...on any given Saturday or Sunday morning, you could go out and witness:

A. The Walk of Shame (involving a young woman walking shamefully across campus after shacking up with some guy)

B. The Walk of Fame (same walk, only performed by a guy triumphantly returning after shacking up with some girl)

Typically the Walk of Shame/Fame would occur around between 6:30am - 7:30am. I know this because I was a rower, and was often returning from my workout at this hour...truly amusing...

If many female partners let many men get away with cheating, they will do it again, and other men will envy the fact that they've done so.

I have first hand expierence on this, still in the situation. It wasnt (then in my mind) allowing him to get away with it as it was the fear of being alone with kids, and you know the rest of the story...:| But when love is unconditional and the dog has been allowed to dig holes in the yard for so long, what do you do?

Ever hear the term "man whore?"

Its not fully accepted among guys either. A large number of partners for either sex isn't fully acceptable.

Maybe NOW!

"Back in the DAY"...;)

It was a different story, there really was a double standard even more so than now.

Got tired of "notchin' the bedpost" because of all the sawdust to sweep up!
:P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

But when love is unconditional and the dog has been allowed to dig holes in the yard for so long, what do you do?

Offer the offer cheek...:S
Does that apply to physical abuse as well?:|

Where do you draw the line?

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

But when love is unconditional and the dog has been allowed to dig holes in the yard for so long, what do you do?

I typically put the dogs poo in the holes before filling them back up, when that didn't work...I put up an electric fence around the garden and landscaped areas where the digging was occuring...at least that's what worked with my lab...

IMO, this is unnacceptable for men or women.

Whether you agree with it or not, who is to say whether or not someone else's behavior is acceptable or unnacceptable?? That just seams like you are imposing your opinions on someone else.

I don't think it's cool. In fact, I find it rather unnatractive. I wouldn't date a man whore. (A sheep whore, maybe. :D:P) But I still don't think it's right to impose on others.

My belief: To each their own. :)

I prefer not to worry about what others think,
more so dwell on it.

"It is what it is..."

If people didn't run around kissing and telling this
wouldn't be a problem.

That said, Im still a boy... lost in this crazy place,
trying to find home. :D:D:D

seriously... :|

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"

IMO, this is unnacceptable for men or women.

Whether you agree with it or not, who is to say whether or not someone else's behavior is acceptable or unnacceptable?? That just seams like you are imposing your opinions on someone else.

I don't think it's cool. In fact, I find it rather unnatractive. I wouldn't date a man whore. (A sheep whore, maybe. :D:P) But I still don't think it's right to impose on others.

My belief: To each their own. :)

The public was asked for their opinion, I gave mine. That is by nature an invite for imposition of my opinion. Deal with it.

|>.<|
Seriously, W.T.F. mate?

Deal with it.

Be nice to her. She's gestating, and has been in a pissy mood for quite some time now.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Ever hear the term "man whore?"

There is no such thing. A whore is a whore, no matter the sex.

The world is full of hypocrisy, you can only laugh at it. I had this same discussion on Saturday night with some friends.

I agree. Screw whether there is a double standard or not. I make my own destiny. It is up to each of us, male or female to choose to be with people that fit us individually and our own way of thinking. We do not have to be victims if we don't choose to be. I also would NEVER define sexuality as whether I am a whore or not. :S

You guys know the one I am talking of....

what gives, are women just not allowed to be sexual creatures, or if they are are we simply not allowed to act on it?;)

I think there's a difference between "women being sexual creatures" and women doing the things that get them reputations as sluts.

First of all, everyone should do what they are comfortable with. If that means having sex early in a relationship, fine. Some people (women or men) want to wait until they know someone better.

Some people have a very strong sex drive, and want it a lot. Sometimes they do things to get their sexual gratification that others don't respect them for. Grabbing indiscriminate guys to have sex with can cause others to have a problem with their decisions. People who put an emotional value on sex often can have a difficulty relating with others' decisions to have unattached sex.

I don't think it's any better that a guy sleeps around than if a girl sleeps around. I have trouble respecting either. I think that at its best, sex should be between two people who care about each other, dare I say "feel LOVE for each other"? That's not to say though that people are wrong for having sex when that is what they feel they want. It's not even necessarily wrong when someone has a lot of sexual partners, if the interpersonal relationships of that person with each of those partners is healthy. But if a person degrades him or herself in order to get sex, that's a quick way to earn a bad reputation.

I think that there is truth to the saying that "If she fucks everyone, she's a slut; if she fucks everyone but you, she's a bitch" -- this has come to be said because there's ENVY involved. People who are not getting sex envy those who are getting sex. They say nasty things as a result. These observations are where you need to look for the answer you seek, I think.

And guys get to feeling threatened or something if a girl is wanton and aggressive in her sexuality. It highlights the idea that the guy is not necessarily able to "control" a woman. (Not that he should be able to.) It just messes with a guy's perception that he is powerful, when he realizes that a girl can get herself sex when she wants it. (And we could have a whole other thread on whether it's really true that Woman = Ability to Get Sex on Demand...)

Hope I've helped you understand a little more. :)
-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

o...jeff jeff jeff...

you always know what to say in such an intelligent way

I dare say you know me better than any other dz dot commer, you are an amazing friend...

you know far better where this post of mine is ocming from than that my words can relay here...

thanks for being a big brother!!!!

o...jeff jeff jeff...

you always know what to say in such an intelligent way

I dare say you know me better than any other dz dot commer, you are an amazing friend...

you know far better where this post of mine is ocming from than that my words can relay here...

thanks for being a big brother!!!!

Misty, you light me right up when you say stuff like that. :)

You are so much more than welcome. PM me or call or text any time you feel I can be of help to you, or just a friend.

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"