mdrejhon

I just saw a BLUE WHALE skydive today!

I just saw a blue whale do a freefall today.
Almost looked like it did some tracking techique.

It badly needed a Stilleto 135K at least -- That is, a 135,000 square foot parachute. ;)

Bonus points if you can name the movie.
(Hint: It just premiered Friday April 29th!)

HHGTTG
Hello Earth will you be my friend:D:D:D

I've read all the books several times and the movie is still pretty good, I just now got back from seeing itB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

:|?? I wasn't anywhere near where-ever-the-hell you live...and I quit jumping last month, so it couldn't have been me...:|

:oOh!!! :ph34r: Yeah I saw the movie last night too. It was pretty good, but just can't compare to what I imagined it like when I read the book. :P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I'm pretty sure someone on dz.com already has part of the whale soliloquy from HHGTTG as their signature. Absolutely no idea who it was though. Of course, now that it's cool again, they'll probably change it :P
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I saw it this weekend.

I tried to watchit form both the perspective as a person who knew the books...And as someone who didn't.

Either way, I was dissapointed.

Some of the best stuff was the inner dialog of the characters...Stuff such as the construction lead having flashbacks of his grandfather Gingus Khan, while living a mundane life. When I saw the construction lead and he looked kinda like he could have been related to GK....I had high hopes, but the movie just went right by that.

My friend who I saw the movie with had never read the books, so I used her as a gauge to see if it was funny to someone that had not read the books....No laughter.

If you loved the books, the movie kinda ruins them.

If you didn't read the books, the movie IMO does not stand on its own.

If I knew then what I know now about the movie...I would not have seen it.

Of course if I knew then what I know now, I would NOT have seen the movie. Except that means I would not have known not to not go see the movie, so I would have gone and seen it. So I would have to go see the movie to know that I would not have wanted to see the movie...Thus making the whole exercise kinda pointless and proving that while time travel, while it might be possible...It is almost always a bad idea.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334