DaGimp

My family gets their wish

Hang in there, Jake, travel safe, stand proud and help your younger cousins. There is a season... so they say. I'm sorry it was yours right now.

My sincerest, warm condolences to your family, especially to you and your Grandmother.

Pammy

Major :ph34r: vibes for you Jake....

Keep your head about you - and your chin up. Death is not an end, it's a beginning....it's a celebration of the end of one life - and the beginning of the next!

Sympathies to you and your family through this time.

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

My condolences DaGimp. While I don't know your grandfather, I respect him for his military service. I respect you for yours as well.

I have experienced a military funeral in the family before, and I can tell you what it felt like... it's easily double the emotion than a regular funeral, no disrespect intended. And yes, I hear just enough to make out Taps and easily enough to hear the rifle volleys...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Im sorry to hear this Jake and i echo everything that Pammy said.

Its up to you to make sure that those in your family who werent lucky enough to spend as much time with him, are left knowing what a wonderful part of your family he was.

Thinking of you and your family sweetie...

with love and light
Pj

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach