goofyjumper

Thinking about going back into the miltary.

but no way would I go over to that hell on Earth.

Ever been here? Don't think what you see on the news is the TOTAL reality. Not even close. Shangri-La it isn't but I have been FAR worse places. Anyway............there's NO WAY I would ever rejoin the military. I found a better option. I'm a govt contractor......I get to do all the stuff I used to in the military AND more AND I get paid MANY times what I did as a SSgt (E-5) in the Air Force. I can't think of a job I have ever enjoyed more. B|

You know my feelings. Follow your heart not your desired pay. You are great with people and i think you'd make a great officer but keep the politics out of it... If you sign up do i get free jumps at military bases???lol And you must get stationed in Ga;) Anyways, you missed a great prty baby...lol Next week we have more coming so get your ass in the kitchen and make your dip:)

Thank you for your support honey and my peeps, we will see what will happen. I really am unhappy with my job and do not want to feel like I got out of the military to go to college and get a degree just to be unhappy. I do think I would make a good officer, because I am prior enlisted, it would be nice to treat an enlisted nice unlike alot of officer's I encountered throuought my service. When I talk to a recruiter we will see what they have to offer....thanks for the support people and all of your advise....:)
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

As long as i can skydive every day and you work it will be awesome....lol

The funny thing is you have no debt, I could probably support you just fine.......and full health benefits! All the insulin you need!
-----------------
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Easy there fella. I have the perfect wing loading for my canopy Otherwise i'd lose weight. I can't afford another canopy.hehehe hey Brandy, make sure you get a good sign up bonus. We could upgrade the camper..lol.. I want the 38ft double slide out.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

We could upgrade the camper..lol.. I want the 38ft double slide out.

Can't wait to go pick up my 34Ft and a new truck when I come home in August! Finally I'll have my very own DZ Pimp trailer. It's going to take awhile for me to get the purple carpet, Leopard skin couch cover, and disco ball in place though. B|

FIgure I'd say that I think your crazy, I cant wait to get out :ph34r: BUT... If you decide to do it, again, I hope that things work out for you as an officer ;)

I am actually considering trying to go into the Army Warrent Officer program myself... I dunno, still undecided though [:/]

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

I know my view doesn't jibe with many on dz.com, but to me the fact that the military involves going places and killing people would be a fairly significant downside.

As for the corporate world, what are you qualified in? Can you switch jobs and/or locations pretty easily?

I'm with you. Don't go back. There are plenty of options in the real world. However, if you are used to the subculture of the military then go back to it. However, realize that most of corp America won't consider your time in the military to be professional experience relevant to helping their bottom line. There are a bunch of companies created, run and owned by former military people - or gov't jobs - that tend to cater to those that don't have direct marketable corp skillsets. In other words - why would most people hire a professional grunt? I see over a 1000 resumes a week and spend nearly 30 seconds on most of them, if that. If I see nothing but military experience, I know I won't be able to market them to my client.

Now, I do know some officers that have that have landed some top notch 6-figure jobs in civilian life because of their very specific rolls in the military. So if you go back, make sure people have to salute you and you get on a very specific managment style job.

Spend about $50 and get a career coach. Look for one that gets great reviews. These are worth the money. It could save you years of lost time.

I've never been over there nor do I want to. Believe me, there are several other places on this Earth I would not like to visit as well. Anyway, I'm glad that there are people in this world such as yourself that are willing to put their lives on hold to help rebuild that country. I don't believe everything the media portrays. In fact, I don't really believe anything the media portrays as to Iraq and the war. The military has my upmost respect for leaving their own families so that families over in Iraq could some day enjoy all the benefits that we as Americans have.

this world such as yourself that are willing to put their lives on hold to help rebuild that country

Where did you get that Idea..
Clay is just there because he heard they had HUGE sheep population and he gets to buy a Pimped out Boogie Trailer when he gets back.;)

I heard he's not really over there. he's just shacked up with some chick and can't bring himself to tell Liz...Just what i heard:)
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Clay is just there because he heard they had HUGE sheep population and he gets to buy a Pimped out Boogie Trailer when he gets back.;)

and don't think he won't be the coolest person at the boogies when he gets back ;)

Clay, you will need to add the pole... and don't forget the spinnerz for the dubz yo :D

You know.... I was thinking about joining the military... I mean... those cute outfits and the big boots... can you just see me? Marching... great excercise... lots of umm... people around.
... Are those showers co-ed?? :)

From your profile:

Drinking, sex, %$#&, rock-n-roll. I also like scuba diving, if I can get away from skydiving for one weekend.

Wow, hard to do as an officer. Actually, not too hard but you have to be discrete.:$

I enjoy being in the military as an officer because I enjoy the constant change. Plus, I'm incredibly proud. I have a high tolerance for bullshit and enjoy the comaraderie that most civilians (except those who are parts of other organizations like skydivers) get to experience. It's all I've ever known.

The military, for me, is not a job - it's a lifestyle. I don't do it for the pay because I know I could make more on the outside. I don't do it for the work hours (especially the hours I'm pulling now as a commander). I truly do it because I love it and I believe in it.

If you do too then that's reason enough.:)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

From your profile:

Drinking, sex, %$#&, rock-n-roll. I also like scuba diving, if I can get away from skydiving for one weekend.

Wow, hard to do as an officer. Actually, not too hard but you have to be discrete.:$

I enjoy being in the military as an officer because I enjoy the constant change. Plus, I'm incredibly proud. I have a high tolerance for bullshit and enjoy the comaraderie that most civilians (except those who are parts of other organizations like skydivers) get to experience. It's all I've ever known.

The military, for me, is not a job - it's a lifestyle. I don't do it for the pay because I know I could make more on the outside. I don't do it for the work hours (especially the hours I'm pulling now as a commander). I truly do it because I love it and I believe in it.

If you do too then that's reason enough.:)

Yes that would be hard do to from my profile, but that pink hair doesn't fly either.......lol, I know from personal experience....;)
I actualy do not think that the pay that bad, becaue the civillan sector has gotten so competitive, that people are willing to take pay cuts just land or keep a job..........
People need to read the book "The downsizing of America" It explains how Corporate America has become.....very good book!
And yes Officers are expected to be perfect, but they are far from it also just like enlisted, and that knowledge is from personal experience also.
Lee is supporting me, so it is still something I considering....also my sister is an officer now and she seems to love it!
-----------------
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Just what i heard

Let me guess who you have been hanging out with. :D Nothing like a big cup of bitterness. :D:D

Clay, you will need to add the pole... and don't forget the spinnerz for the dubz yo

Oh yes..........I'll have to make room for a small stripper stage complete with brass pole! B| Should I get hydraulics on the trailer as well? :D