homer

Denied access to DZ.com

This totally blows :( I have now been denied access to DZ.com from my computer at work. I just figured that nobody ever monitored the computer activities damb what am I to do NOW. I guess they really do enforce the no personal business on government computers rule. Damb government whuffo censorship. >:(

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Get a job in the private sector... :ph34r: okay okay, I know what you mean... it sucks... could you still postwhore from home?

OR... another option, get a Blackberry or Sidekick pager with Internet access, and you can post whore from that at work... 'course, you won't be able to read and post as fast as usual, but better than nothing... ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I hope it was only for today and on Tuesday I can get back on. Otherwise I can only whore from home :(. No, wait I'm moving tomorrow and don't know when I'll get internet in my apartment. DAMB THEM DAMB THEM ALL TO HELL [cry][cry][cry]

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Private sector? I do government work. I spend my entire days reading dz.com, playing backgammon, and playing scrabble. i don't think i've actually put in 40 total hours of honest-to-god hard work in since Christmas ....
This ad space for sale.

Private Sector :P ? Please - every keystroke monitored on my work computer.

I have a personal laptop on my wireless network, and my work one hardwired to the network to access the corporate intranet system for work.

Never the two shall meet...

I know squat about all that wireless stuff even though my laptop comes with built in wireless. I spent 2K on my laptop and all I do is watch DVD's, play spider solitaire, and use a 30 year old land line phone cable for very slow internet access. It was meant for school but thats all I know how to do.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Modern wireless is approaching plug and play. If you're willing to throw down a hundred bucks and have a friend who knows what to do and can sneak into work with you for an hour, it'd be no problem.

The key is probably finding a friend with the knowledge who can set it up for you. If you do it yourself, it could be several hours of frustration, but for someone knowledgeable it'd be like 20 minutes of work, if it all went smoothly.

That might not get you past the work-restriction though. That depends on how they've restricted it.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com