Duckwater

I do not like your Dog!

why do your cats have a right to roam free and dogs dont?

(Not that I am saying that dogs should be allowed to roam free. Just courious why your cats should be allowed outside to roam around and dogs shouldnt be?? Neither have any comprehention of Property lines.)

And again, I am not picking on Billy here. I know he is a good guy and this is in no way personal.

We're just voicing opinion and 'venting'... understood. Here, in the town I live in, we have leash laws not only for dogs but also, cats! That amazed me.

Chuck

My dogs are great for keeping the cat population down in my yard.

My cat is so sweet. He's just like me. I watched a dog chase him one into our back yard and corner him. The cat is capable of all sorts of clever things, but none of them so clever as to be able to turn themselves into a huge flying ball of razors when no other options exists. I was was running out to help, just as this big dog went yelping out in the other direction.

Bonus for this was that my cat was twice the size and extra fluffy for a while.

Dogs are the friendly Down's Syndrome kid that follows you around.

Cats are your cool bud that hangs out and watches TV with you and don't give you shit for watching Spike TV.

why do your cats have a right to roam free and dogs dont?

(Not that I am saying that dogs should be allowed to roam free. Just courious why your cats should be allowed outside to roam around and dogs shouldnt be?? Neither have any comprehention of Property lines.)

I understand your point. I have over 3 acres for them to roam on. My cross-street neighbor told me he'd seen my cat near his house. I apologized for that, but he said no no, I don't mind, he controls the rat population here! ;)

I do have some of the best mousers I've ever known, so they're good for something. By the way, I used to set traps for mice in the garage because I had a problem with them. It rarely worked, they were too smart. So I let my cats go in there. Problem solved.

It would be a perfect world if all pets knew their boundaries and pet owners kept them controlled, and all the strays and ferals stayed out in the country or on farms, but... what can we do? The quickest thing I can do is pick up the gun and shoot.

I'll try the trap and bait thing next time and see if it works, as I do get that little voice in my head sometimes that shooting isn't really a good thing to do. I had rationalized it as a necessary evil... [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I was a dog owner till monday when my dog had to be put to sleep due to cancer so this is a bit off a sensitive subject.
I always used to carry poo bags as this is what responsible owners do. I understand not everyone is a dog lover thats ok but can't fucking stand people how get a dog then dump it or mistreat it.

Another view is my sister used to make people including family remove their shoes before coming into the house, you have to respect other peoples space.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

A pellet up their ass sends them running off yip-yipping...

As a responsible dog owner I have to say...don't shoot the dog, shoot the jerkward dog owner in the ass.

If there was an owner and I knew who it was, I would just chew them out. Most of the ones I shot were feral or strays. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>I'm not for shooting dogs either but when I step in dog shit on MY
>property and I don't own a dog, I get really pissed.

There's a cat that hangs out in our yard and kills birds. I have to get my hands on a paintball gun one of these days, and hit it with a few flourescent orange balls. That way it will have some negative associations with our yard, and the owners may figure out that it's getting places it shouldn't. And if it's a stray, the birds will at least see it coming.

One night around 3:00am while my wife and I were sleeping, my rottie got up and started barking like something was in the back yard. She bolted from the bed room and straight out the doggie door. As soon as she went through the door, the rottie began making the most blood curdeling snarl sound that I have ever heard. Clearly she was doing battle with what ever or who ever was out there.
As I lay there, my wife asked "aren't you going to go see what thats all about" to which I replied "what for? The dogs got it handeled and I'm sure that what ever is out there is desperately trying to leave."
In the morning I found lots of blood by the back gate and we have had no surprise visits since.
Let see your ferocious cat do that.

That's one of the reasons I don't let my cats outside. Since I can't keep them in my yard only, I don't think it's cool to let them go into other people's yards... just as I don't want their dogs in my yard.

I lived in Quail Valley when I first moved out to CA, and there doesn't seem to be any rules there about people keeping their dogs locked up... So there are so many dogs running loose around there that I couldn't even go for a walk around the neighborhood without the danger of being attacked by a pit bull or a rottie. (After having a pit bull come very close to attacking me I quit going for walks.) I won't be living there again...

Cats are good (here in West Texas) for taking care of snakes, too.B|

Chuck

My Maine Coon used to regularly leave baby rattlers on the doorstep... damn, I miss that cat...he was cool.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

One night around 3:00am while my wife and I were sleeping, my rottie got up and started barking like something was in the back yard. She bolted from the bed room and straight out the doggie door. As soon as she went through the door, the rottie began making the most blood curdeling snarl sound that I have ever heard. Clearly she was doing battle with what ever or who ever was out there.
As I lay there, my wife asked "aren't you going to go see what thats all about" to which I replied "what for? The dogs got it handeled and I'm sure that what ever is out there is desperately trying to leave."
In the morning I found lots of blood by the back gate and we have had no surprise visits since.

Probably a raccoon then, not a cat. If it was a cat, believe me, you'd have heard it. I forgot to mention that along with the fluffing up, there is the air raid siren as well. Good for waking up everyone in a 10 block radius. I head the dogs and raccoons at it all over our neighborhood at night. Those buggers snarl too. You get a good sized male raccoon and a nice big aggressive dog and you can forget about UFC Pay Per View. That stuff is free and highly entertaining.

Cat's ain't tough, they're smart. That's why the felines are the most succesful land based predators. They'll never get into any fight that they feel they can 't win unless there's no other options. Dogs will attemp to bring down a firetruck for reasons that escape me.

My Maine Coon used to regularly leave baby rattlers on the doorstep... damn, I miss that cat...he was cool.

That is one breed I would love to have. :)

Probably a raccoon then, not a cat.

Dogs will attemp to bring down a firetruck for reasons that escape me.

Its called loyalty. Check it out

It could also be called stupidity...

I have run over dogs that ran into my path at the last second. Pisses me off, as I don't like to hit animals with my vehicles, but what can you do? I hit my brakes as hard as I can without fishtailing or swerving. And yes, I stop and render whatever help is needed when it happens.

They're like a dog in a cat's body...they just kinda hang out with ya..

Nimitz used to lay by my feet when I was on the puter.. until he decided it was time to be petted. Then, he'd pat me on the leg with a paw and meow at me. If I didn't scoot the chair back so he could get in my lap, he'd jump on the keyboard so that I'd put him in my lap and pet him.

Attached is a pic of a Maine Coon that was almost his twin... Nimitz was a bit bigger and darker colored, though. He stood almost knee high at the head, and weighed about 20 lbs and he wasn't fat...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm a dog owner and I agree that people who let their dogs shit everywhere and don't pick up after them are jack asses. Part of owning a dog and being a responsible owner is to have your dog under control and pick up after them.

On the other hand if you come into my house and my dog barks at you, well get over it, its her job to alarm when someone comes over. If you don't like it feel free to not come over. ;)
Fly it like you stole it!

Showin'-off his catch! Dang good feller!

Chuck

Yeah, he was the hunter, that's for sure... finally caught up with him... he got hold of a rat that was already dying of poison...it got Nimitz, too...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Beautiful cat! :)

If I haven't played that with her in a while, I'll find that she's picked it up and dragged the toy to my feet. ;) Yup, just like a dog in a cat's body. She meows, I meow back, she meows back. It's cool... B|

I'm a dog owner and I agree that people who let their dogs shit everywhere and don't pick up after them are jack asses. Part of owning a dog and being a responsible owner is to have your dog under control and pick up after them.

On the other hand if you come into my house and my dog barks at you, well get over it, its her job to alarm when someone comes over. If you don't like it feel free to not come over. ;)

Very true on both counts.... I need to win the lottery...buy a big ole place and raise German Shepherds, Maine Coon cats and horses....
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It could also be called stupidity...

No argument there. I have met my share of dumb dogs.
It has occured to me that this thread is sounding more and more like something you might find in SC. I for one have sworn off SC and I feel that I must now swear off this thread. Think I'll go have some pie.
K