Girlfalldown

British insults

Donald MacDonald from the Isle of Mann went to study at an English university and was living in the hall of residence with all the other students there.

After he had been there a month, his mother came to visit him.

"And how do you find the English students, Donald?" she asked.

"Mother," he replied, "they're such terrible, noisy people. The one on that side keeps banging his head on the wall and won't stop. The one on the other side screams and screams all night."

"Oh Donald! How do you manage to put up with these awful noisy English neighbors?"

"Mother, I do nothing. I just ignore them. I just stay here quietly, playing my bagpipes."

I think they're bitter because they have to eat "spotted dick" growing up. Yeah it's some sort of pudding I think;) Ewwww, I'd be bitter too.

Yorkshire pudding is like coagulated meat guts. Tastes pretty good though.

spotted dick

285g (10oz) Self-Raising Flour
150g (5oz) Shredded Suet
150ml (¼ pint) Milk
110-160g (4-6oz) Currants or Raisins
85g (3oz) Castor Sugar
1 Lemon, zest only, finely grated
Pinch Salt

Mix all of the dry ingredients, including the grated lemon zest, together thoroughly
Add enough milk to produce a soft dough.
Turn out onto a floured surface.
Roll out the mixture to produce a roll approximately 15cm (6 in) long and 5cm (2 in) in diameter.
Prepare either a tea towel lightly dusted with flour, or sheet of kitchen foil or a double thickness of greaseproof paper, brushed with melted butter.
Wrap loosely but securely, leaving enough space for it to rise.
Tie or seal the ends.
Place in the steamer and cover tightly.
Steam for 1½ to 2 hours.
Serve cut into thck slices with hot custard

Yorshire pudding.

300ml (½ pint) Milk
110g (4 oz) Plain Flour
1 Egg
Oil, Lard or Dripping

Place the flour in a bowl, then make a well in the centre and break in the egg.
Mix in half the milk using a wooden spoon, work the mixture until smooth then add the
remaining milk.
Beat or whisk until fully combined and the surface is covered with tiny bubbles.
Allow to rest for 15 to 30 minutes, whisk again before use.
Pre-heat oven to 220°C; 425°F: Gas 7.
Place a teaspoon of fat into 12 individual deep bun tins or a single large tin and place in the oven until the fat is very hot.
Pour the batter into the tins and bake for 10 to 15 minutes for individual puddings (or 30 to 35 minutes if using a large tin) or until risen and golden brown.
Though not vegetarian this has been added because they are tasty when baked if filled with a savoury filling.

Both are great and neither taste like 'coagulated meat guts'.

Your taste buds are obvously screwed after all the 'PB and jelly':D:D
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

I was in a pub somewhere in Yorkshire eating pudding. Duh! Don't be such a divvy

Brilliant, your now at the level of a fourteen year old girl.

Another few weeks, and you can throw insults at the grown ups...:P

I think they're bitter because they have to eat "spotted dick" growing up. Yeah it's some sort of pudding I think;) Ewwww, I'd be bitter too.

Yorkshire pudding is like coagulated meat guts. Tastes pretty good though.

spotted dick

285g (10oz) Self-Raising Flour
150g (5oz) Shredded Suet
150ml (¼ pint) Milk
110-160g (4-6oz) Currants or Raisins
85g (3oz) Castor Sugar
1 Lemon, zest only, finely grated
Pinch Salt

Mix all of the dry ingredients, including the grated lemon zest, together thoroughly
Add enough milk to produce a soft dough.
Turn out onto a floured surface.
Roll out the mixture to produce a roll approximately 15cm (6 in) long and 5cm (2 in) in diameter.
Prepare either a tea towel lightly dusted with flour, or sheet of kitchen foil or a double thickness of greaseproof paper, brushed with melted butter.
Wrap loosely but securely, leaving enough space for it to rise.
Tie or seal the ends.
Place in the steamer and cover tightly.
Steam for 1½ to 2 hours.
Serve cut into thck slices with hot custard

Yorshire pudding.

300ml (½ pint) Milk
110g (4 oz) Plain Flour
1 Egg
Oil, Lard or Dripping

Place the flour in a bowl, then make a well in the centre and break in the egg.
Mix in half the milk using a wooden spoon, work the mixture until smooth then add the
remaining milk.
Beat or whisk until fully combined and the surface is covered with tiny bubbles.
Allow to rest for 15 to 30 minutes, whisk again before use.
Pre-heat oven to 220°C; 425°F: Gas 7.
Place a teaspoon of fat into 12 individual deep bun tins or a single large tin and place in the oven until the fat is very hot.
Pour the batter into the tins and bake for 10 to 15 minutes for individual puddings (or 30 to 35 minutes if using a large tin) or until risen and golden brown.
Though not vegetarian this has been added because they are tasty when baked if filled with a savoury filling.

Both are great and neither taste like 'coagulated meat guts'.

Your taste buds are obvously screwed after all the 'PB and jelly':D:D

Ah forgive me. I meant to say it LOOKS like coagulated meat guts. Still tastes pretty good though. Actually it was kind of funny, the stuff I had in the pub was nasty looking shit but yummy. I had some home made Yorkshire Pudding the next day and it looked totally different and was really tasty too. The pub stuff looked like a sort of shell of bread filled with oozing animal matter.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

I was in a pub somewhere in Yorkshire eating pudding. Duh! Don't be such a divvy

Brilliant, your now at the level of a fourteen year old girl.

Another few weeks, and you can throw insults at the grown ups...:P

I learned a couple other words too like slag and crikey but when they started in with that weird rhyming shit I gave up.

--------------

The pub stuff looked like a sort of shell of bread filled with oozing animal matter.

Where you had them depends on what you get.

Some places serve massive ones the size of your plate, with the meat and potatoes etc inside. Other places serve little cup cake sized ones...

there is a book!
British History for Dummies :ph34r:

or maybe you can ask Gareth.

He's the reason I posted this. His insults are the best ever and just a little while ago he had me nearly peeing my pants because I was laughing so hard. I wish I could consult him at a moments notice when someone around me needed a good insult.

--------------

I learned a couple other words too like slag and crikey but when they started in with that weird rhyming shit I gave up.

Ah, you'd be in the south then, probably on the outskirts of London, or somewhere that thinks its on the outskirts of London, like Ipswich or Swindon...:D

Up north we rhyme too, when we want a pint of beer we say... "can I have a pint of beer please?" :D

Ah, you'd be in the south then, probably on the outskirts of London, or somewhere that thinks its on the outskirts of London, like Ipswich or Swindon...:D

Up north we rhyme too, when we want a pint of beer we say... "can I have a pint of beer please?" :D

I spent most of my time in Cheltenham. Cockney rhyme...that's what it's called!

They kept calling the yanks septic tanks. :S:D

--------------

Actually, you need to hear a Glaswegian swear and curse. There's really no better swearers in the UK.

G'AWY TE F**K, Y' SOAP DODGER! FO' A STICK TH' HEED ON YA!

And such like.

My sister's husband(& In-Lwas) are from Glasgow. They are a HOOT! :D
-Grant

Dont even get us Brits started on this thread.....
I learned more insults in two un 'bleeped' shows of Jerry Springer than I have heard in my lifetime.....quite descriptive as well

In a true 'across' the pond show of collaberative insulting I will leave you with my latest insult...
I believe the former word is a 'traditional' US brush off and the latter a well known English Insult to the fairer sex

Whatever...
Minger...( pronounced :- Ming - err)

(Whilst 'insulting' you need to make an W with your hands followed by an M....in the correct sequence of course....confusing if you are from Kansas....:D)

How come you know the term 'Slag' ?;)

Speaking of 'me' and 'my', whats with the American expression 'my bad', being wanting to asked that for ages.

Dog -knob! B|

-------------------------------------------------
Please forgive the sp errors, I have dyslexia. Don't laugh ... the last time i went to a toga party, I went dressed as a goat !!

Speaking of 'me' and 'my', whats with the American expression 'my bad', being wanting to asked that for ages.

Dog -knob! B|

My ex used to talk about all the slags out in Essex.

[url http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=my+bad&defid=424301] definition of "My Bad" here [url]

--------------

Dog -knob! B|

Wow, are you ever going to get slaged for that one, Pitsea girls are some of the best I've ever known.:ph34r:

Gone fishing

Dog -knob! B|

Wow, are you ever going to get slaged for that one, Pitsea girls are some of the best I've ever known.

Hmm... maybe I had the area wrong. My bad.

--------------