jumperconway

Bad News!

Scott Honefinger and his wife Ginger were friends! The golfcart homicide is critical in my life. Iy has been world wide news!B| Scott is one nice guy and this was an accident only, his wife was unable to drink like us and died because of it![:/]

What the freak are you talking about? :|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Scott Honefinger and his wife Ginger were friends! The golfcart homicide is critical in my life. It has been world wide news!B| Scott is one nice guy and this was an accident only, his wife was unable to drink like us and died because of it![:/]
:|

I heard about it on the radio and thought it very strange for sure. I doubt that anyone disputes that it was a terrible accident, BUT was it caused by Mr. Honefinger driving irresponsibly, e.g., taking a sharp turn very fast at the stop of a steep dropoff? I don't know, but one of the articles said she was "thrown" from the golf cart.

I'm not making any accusations here, but I think the police would not be doing their job if they did not investigate the accident very thoroughly. After all, not only was there a fatality, but the person fell or was thrown from a vehicle in which she was a passenger and apparently there was not any collision involved. If Mr. Honefinger was intoxicated AND his wife's fall was caused by erratic driving on his part, should he not be held accountable? What if it had been you instead of his wife? Would that be a different situation?

I'm sure the man is absolutely devasted and will be living with unimaginable guilt and anguish for the rest of his life and maybe that is punishment enough, but maybe that should be for a jury to decide, given the facts of the case.

Walt

his wife was unable to drink like us and died because of it![:/]

This still makes no sense. :|

Same here I don't get that reference. How did she die, because "she could not drink like us"
:S I don'y get it?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Scott Honefinger and his wife Ginger were friends! The golfcart homicide is critical in my life. It has been world wide news!B| Scott is one nice guy and this was an accident only, his wife was unable to drink like us and died because of it![:/]
:|

I heard about it on the radio and thought it very strange for sure. I doubt that anyone disputes that it was a terrible accident, BUT was it caused by Mr. Honefinger driving irresponsibly, e.g., taking a sharp turn very fast at the stop of a steep dropoff? I don't know, but one of the articles said she was "thrown" from the golf cart.

I'm not making any accusations here, but I think the police would not be doing their job if they did not investigate the accident very thoroughly. After all, not only was there a fatality, but the person fell or was thrown from a vehicle in which she was a passenger and apparently there was not any collision involved. If Mr. Honefinger was intoxicated AND his wife's fall was caused by erratic driving on his part, should he not be held accountable? What if it had been you instead of his wife? Would that be a different situation?

I'm sure the man is absolutely devasted and will be living with unimaginable guilt and anguish for the rest of his life and maybe that is punishment enough, but maybe that should be for a jury to decide, given the facts of the case.

Walt,
You still jumping somewhere?
There was no steep drop off. He merely turned a corner and she didn't hold on. He will live the rest of his life with the guilt of his wifes death. This isn't a criminal offense. It's the DA trying to put another notch in his belt and should be dismissed. This reminds me of a case where a driver fell asleep at the wheel on the way back to Houston after spending the weekend at the lake house. He was the only of 4 to survive the accident and was totally sober. The others were not. The families of the others that died sent a petition to the DA to drop the case against him and he did. He is living with the death of his wife and 2 other friends today. That is punishment enough. And as you questioned if it were me? If I wasn't able to stay in the cart it's my fault and wouldn't want him prosicuted for my stupidity! What good will it do to put him in jail? Will it pay a debt to society? What's the point? My Dad's cart has the same gearing at the same country club that I was a member of. You freakin hang on! I have been thrown from his on the course when he turned and I wasn't paying attention. The point is there was no mallice intended, it was an accident and shouldn't be left to a jury to decide. God is all the jury he needs. It serves no purpose for us to pay to send him to prison.

Gotta watch it in Golf Carts! That's no fucking lie! We laugh and joke about Macca, Gimpy, and poor Macca's chick friend pounding in on carts at Rantoul, but all three could have been easilly killed in those crashes. Same for the one I was in the year prior with Jay Moledzki, Shanaynay, and Simon Mundell! Simon had the cart roll completely over him and I was thrown twenty feet.

It's fun to get drunk and run around on golf carts, but you just have to understand that you can really fuck yourself up on them, even if they are bone stock. Everybody and their mother was jimmying the governors on the gas carts at the convention to make them go faster, too.

They are not toys. But speaking of toys, here's mine and Katie's.

I'm sorry to hear about your friends. Just to clarify though, are you saying she fell off the cart because she was intoxicated and not because he was driving recklessly? And she was unlucky enough to hit her head on the concrete hard enough to kill her? That's really tragic and hopefully the tox screens will support that. Its too bad that HE failed the field sobriety test though. I don't think the authorities had much choice but to take some kind of action. I hope things work out for him- this is something he will have to live with for the rest of his life but if it was truly and accident with no negligence whatsoever, he shouldn't have to face criminal charges on top of everything else! [:/]

(I'm surprised there aren't more golf cart accidents at my dz, to be honest! People who wouldn't drive a car drunk think nothing of cruising around the campground after a few drinks, and people like me think nothing of hitching a ride back to the trailer or bathroom!:S)

... speaking of toys, here's mine and Katie's

I thought 'yo daddy bought that! ;)

Nope, this used to be the old white cart with the stickers all over it he drove for years. Daddy bought a Yamaha ProHauler at the convention last year. I just repainted and rednecked that old cart when he so graciously gave it to us. No, you can't borrow it. Actually, yes, you can.

Chuckie

so i wonder when somebody is going to say "I just dont understand why anyone would fall/jump from a perfectly good operating golf cart." point is, you can go at anytime....live life when you can.

so i wonder when somebody is going to say "I just dont understand why anyone would fall/jump from a perfectly good operating golf cart." point is, you can go at anytime....live life when you can.

I know very few people who haven't fallen from a golfcart! It's terribly unfortunate that this woman died in doing so, but I can guarantee you that more people die from that every year than do skydiving.

Chuck

I haven't jumped for a while, but I definitely have NOT quit the sport--just taking a bit of a break. I'll definitely come out to the DZ for a few jumps sometime soon.

I feel for you, losing a friend. This has been a very interesting thread, though. I really had no idea that golf carts could be hazardous!

Walt

hmmm, golfcart seatbelt law?

I would not want my 1000 pound electric golf cart rolling over with me strapped into it! Electric carts are MUCH heavier than gassers. I would much rather be thrown clean from a flipping cart, same as a motorcycle or ATV. I have no windshield, top, or rollbar on my cart and very, very few people have cages capable of stopping a rollover. The flimsy tops on golf carts will do very little to prevent you from being crushed should a cart roll all the way over on you.

On that note though, there are a lot of communities which permit golf carts to be driven on the street. Peachtree City, GA is king among them. Most places which permit such activity require the carts to have lights and to be registered. Others require the carts to meet "NEV" (neighborhood electric vehicle) standards. NEV requires headlights, taillights, brakelights, blinkers, and yes, seatbelts. They are required to, generally, have a top speed of 25mph. Anyone who has ever been to the beach and seen the "Island Egg" vehicles running down the street can understand the complexity the government holds people to.

Chuck