mattsplat

dehydrated water

Unless you are an ATC or pilot you may not understand these, but we used to send the "newbies" got get the keys to the approach gate, or sent them to the equiptment room to see if the visual approach is monitoring normal!:DB|

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

After a year in the Marines and stationed on Camp Schwab on Okinawa, we'd assign newbies "typhoon watch" and outfit them with flak jackets and helmets to go up on the roof for lookout. If a typhoon was spotted they were to alert the firewatch.
We'd also send newbies to supply for fictitious shit such as camouflage paint (it actually exists now!); a bubble pump for a baseplate (mortars); compass headings, a hammerjack for a mortar pit, yup, grid squares, black boxers for night ops, etc.

You're always the starter in your own life!

Sending someone down to engineering to get a BT punch...

We don't have Boiler Techs any more. But we still send someone down to "Blow the MPA". Of course the MPA was the Main Propulsion Assistant; a Junior Officer, but we would tell them MPA stood for Masker Prairie Air(real device for disguising ship's noise but doesn't have a real acronymn). It's funnier when the MPA is a prior enlisted guy with a sense of humor.:D

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Also ATC, we would tell the new guy the ATIS morse code identifier was out, hand them a dead mike and see how long they would proceed to "beep beep beep" into the microphone.

After installing an ex-girlfriends car stereo, I set the time on the front, only to have her ask me, "how do I know if it is AM or PM?

I have a friend who was an engineer in the Navy who has told me about similar pranks they've pulled on newbies. The funniest one I've heard though, was when him and another engineering buddy dumped a box of BBs in some area of the boat with a bunch of enlisted guys sitting around and then ran in while they were bouncing all over the place and yelled "Neutron spill!":D He said those poor guys were afraid to go in there for at least a couple of hours.

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

>:( I was in the Navy, first trip out to sea I had to go get the BT punch. Fuckers. >:(

So..... ummm... how long did it take you to send some other tadpole down to the snipes for a punch of their own?

Tell the truth :D
Owned by Remi #?