MeatJerky

Lost My Job..

So, at 3 oclock today i was given my two day notice. My company merged, and about half of the workforce was getting laid off and two months ago i was told i wasnt part of that half. Today however, they tell me my last day will be thursday. I am so fucked right now. Student loans, rent, bills, and not a drop of savings cus im in AFF right now and will have to stop jumping for god knows how long... so now, i am sitting with a bottle of Jack, and drowning this shit away. Ugh, please send some find work soon vibes this way, cus in about 3 weeks unless i find something i'll be living on the street.
I wish my pants had a 3-ring system. Maybe my girlfriend wouldnt have such a problem trying to get them off...

Any severance pay or unemployment?

Don't take this as criticism, but if you knew about this 2 months ago, why did you spend your money on AFF?

Sending vibes your way for finding a new job quickly.

That fucking sucks!!!!! Why don't you dump a gallon of round up in the CEO's lawn.

Jobs wont find you. JD, although nice, is not currently hiring so you probable won't get the job at the bottom of the bottle, but the bottle will get the job done.;)

Good luck and remember..... Endevor to perservere!
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

Nah, two months ago they said i wasnt getting laid off, today they changed their minds. Im gonna try for some unemployment...who knows. Just in a drunken rage right now..
I wish my pants had a 3-ring system. Maybe my girlfriend wouldnt have such a problem trying to get them off...

Damn, Sucks shit......
But hey, It's all life and stuff does seem to happen for a reason....
Jack will do the trick (and a good job it does...;)) for a bit, but then it's time to just move on to the next gig....
Find work soon Vibes comin to ya from FLA......
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Bummer ... the entire company I worked at folded back in April within a one hour period from when the board meeting started and when it finished. None of us (about 1000 employees, 100 in Colorado and the other 900 hundred in China and Barbados) were given severence. Plus I was force to pay into unemployment, but I'm not eligible to collect. It just goes to show how ruthless Vulture Capitalists can be. They would sell their own mothers if it meant making a buck. But I am lucky that I did have some savings and I've been playing (jumping) a lot since then. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear (me playing) but let it be known that you're not alone when it comes to losing one's job and because I lost my job, I'm about 95% certain that the INS is going to force me to leave the US before the year is out. [:/]

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'm about 95% certain that the INS is going to force me to leave the US before the year is out.

aint that something... ya have illegal aliens... (bla bla mexico...)

then ya have you on the otherhand... obviously an asset and they wana send you back to canada...

I dont get it, I dont buy it
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

There's always work available if you're in a city. Seriously, it may not be exactly what you want (and chances are you will hate it) but if it pays the bills it will tide you over while you continue searching for a job you want. I know it sounds cliche but when one door closes another always open.

Good luck with your search.
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

Im in finance, having slept on it im in a much better mood. Thanks a lot guys for all the kind words... much appreciated. Im pretty sure im gonna go on to a bigger firm anyway, maybe its gods way of sayin I need a vacation hah. Whatever, lifes good. Blue Skies forever.

Been there myself once... really sucks. Hang in there though, and try and look at the positives.

- You now have the opportunity to find a better, higher paying job, that you would have otherwise missed out on.
- You're in a good field of work, and shouldn't have too hard a time finding a new job.
- You can learn to pack at your DZ to make a few extra bucks while you're between jobs. You need to learn anyway, right?

I know it's scary as hell right now, but I'm sure everything will work out for you. Good luck!

Jeff

ps- be sure to file for unemployment immediately. It isn't much, but it's better than nothing!
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

So, at 3 oclock today i was given my two day notice. My company merged, and about half of the workforce was getting laid off and two months ago i was told i wasnt part of that half. Today however, they tell me my last day will be thursday. I am so fucked right now. Student loans, rent, bills, and not a drop of savings cus im in AFF right now and will have to stop jumping for god knows how long... so now, i am sitting with a bottle of Jack, and drowning this shit away. Ugh, please send some find work soon vibes this way, cus in about 3 weeks unless i find something i'll be living on the street.

If youre not getting severence, then be sure to tell them to fuck off. If you are getting severence, then first collect the severence, then tell them to fuck off.

They normally lay off the good ones too and keep the idiots.

I can write a volume of books on that. Guess it pays to be a boring, stupid moron without a life after all.

Think of it this way...if you got laid off, then youre probably pretty competant. Take it as a complement.