OrangeJumper

What to do, what to do......

Just had to share. When I got to the dz Sunday morning I went to the manifest window as usual. Had my credit card in hand ready to pay for a day of fun in the sun.

Well, since I hadn't been to the dz in a couple of weeks, I asked what my balance was. Now, I thought I had maybe 20 or 25 dollars left over. I was wrong, I had $225 on my account. So, you can imagine the "who farted" look on my face.

Turns out, an ex of mine that I hadn't talked to in months dropped $200 in my account. I have no idea why she did this. She didn't even call me to let me know. Manifest had to tell me where the money came from.

Here is my dilemma. Should I call and say thank you and keep the money, should I not call her back since she never told me to begin with and keep the money, or should I just pay her pack. Honestly, I can't stand her and the sound of her voice makes me want to vomit. Plus, I'm seeing someone else and I don't want to deal with any more drama.

The Original Cabana Boy!

I'd jump it and act like I didn't know where it came from.

If she calls and asks about it thank her. Be honest if she tries to get back with you.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I believe in "thank you"s, definitely. And definitely keep the money.

You can do it my way---if you want to avoid the person, but still do the right thing, either call at a time when you know she's busy so you can leave the thank you as a message or, mail the thank you, which I think is nicer anyways. No-one sends back a "thank you" for the "thank you" note so you should be in the clear. Either way, you wouldn't have to hear the shrill of her voice:P and you'd still be enough of a gentleman to say thanks when it is in order. $200 deserves a thank you, I think.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Thanks Jason!

Yes...I bought 3 and 1/2 cases. :)
Avoid the drama...sleep sound.

hahahahaha.....see that is what I initially thought to do but maybe I should be nice. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf damn it:D:D

3 1/2 cases.....good on you. Should I expect to enjoy one of those well deserved beers next weekend?

The Original Cabana Boy!

If you want to avoid the drama, give her back the money and tell her "thanks, but no thanks". Some woman and men, have motives.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

If you want to avoid the drama, give her back the money and tell her "thanks, but no thanks". Some woman and men, have motives.

That is exactly what I would do. It's not right to lead someone on or to accept gifts/use their money if you are not a close friend or SO. (Men, especially extremely rich men, try to do that kind of thing all the time with with women.) Unless you are close friends or lovers already, in which case it's just money and a thoughtful gesture, it's best to not accept the money or gift.

Turns out, an ex of mine that I hadn't talked to in months dropped $200 in my account. I have no idea why she did this. She didn't even call me to let me know. Manifest had to tell me where the money came from.

Hell if it's been months just enjoy the jumps and don't call. It could be her way for you to contact here again. Like oohhh I left a movie at your house can I come buy and get it! If she hasn't called you then she obviously doesn't want the money back!!!

***Glory Favors the Bold***

That is exactly what I would do. It's not right to lead someone on or to accept gifts/use their money if you are not a close friend or SO. (Men, especially extremely rich men, try to do that kind of thing all the time with with women.) Unless you are close friends or lovers already, in which case it's just money and a thoughtful gesture, it's best to not accept the money or gift.

Like I said though, she never called. It would be different if she left the money and told me that she did it. You do have a point though and it's not like I need the money but........who turns down 10 free skydives:D:D:D

The Original Cabana Boy!

who turns down 10 free skydives

Some one who doesn't want the drama and has good morals.

You don't have to confront her. Mail her a check with a note saying "thanks, but no thanks." Period, end of subject.

You are going to open up a can a worms if you don't send her back the money. Trust me on this one, it might not happen tomorrow, or even a month from now, but she will contact you and throw the fact that she "gave" you jump money if you don't send it back.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey