christoofar

Were you guilty of this hair disaster?

Ok, I had the rat tail thing goin on when I was young and stupid. But jesus....

NICE mullets! Bwa hahahahahaha!
Seriously, I thought the Afro was kinda cool. Mullets, still suck! Shaved heads on Black men look good. On others... not so good. JMO

Chuck

Oh, yeah-did the rat tail. Thankfully no photos exist that I know of. Had a ponytail almost mullet when my wife and I started dating. Have photos of that, but ya'll will never seee them:P
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

I'm originally from Dallas, and in the 80's we made our hair as biiiig as possible. Teaze and spray!!! Touch it and it breaks.

I remember the bee-hives!:D The only thing that held-up in a Texas twister.:D

Chuck

I had a very wide mohawk. Shaved on the sides right up to the "corners", maybe 4 inches tall on top (and hairsprayed up like in that photo), mid shoulder blade length in the back.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

My son, after spiking his mohawk (a process which included Elmer's Glue for stiffness) told me with a straight face that "if you don't get the first spike right, none of them look right." He had to tilt his head sideways to fit in the car.

Unfortunately, the camera had no film that night.:ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My son, after spiking his mohawk (a process which included Elmer's Glue for stiffness) told me with a straight face that "if you don't get the first spike right, none of them look right." He had to tilt his head sideways to fit in the car.

Unfortunately, the camera had no film that night.:ph34r:

Toothpaste works well too, and I vaguely remember a concoction that involved egg whites that smelled terrible after several hours. I also remember having to turn my head sideways in the car. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Come on Rebecca, I'm sure you have some cute little 80's-pseudo Madonna pics!!:D

I tried SO hard to get that big-hair effect, but it never reached any real altitude. [:/]

I did have a perm and bangs though - had to get up a full hour before go time just to do the curling and spraying and make-up.

Now? Half and hour from rolling out of bed to rolling out of the driveway. I've become low maintenance. B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Oh yea, I remember those days. An hour to get ready....:D I bet it was cute on ya anyway.

Back in the 80's most women looked like hookers, with all the dark makeup and crazy hair/ribbons.

Alot of the time the men had better hair:D Men with big hair AND spandex ----- aaaaagggghhh!!!:o

is

The big mullet hair was later 80's. We "feathered" our hair in the late 70's early 80's and mine was COOL. You had to be sure your ears did not show at all. I was all cleaned up for this picture, so they showed a little.

Hah! I'm scanning old pictures as they decompose, here's the only zoomie one I have of me in ROTC at Cal-Berkeley before the moderates on campus burned our buildings down. While everybody else with any sense thought this was a high-and-tight, Captain Marion McCurdy thought I looked like a shaggy dog. I think that's why he eventually introduced me to the Marine Captain who taught me a true appreciation for hatred of scalp hair while in uniform.

:P

Fear the Mullet!!! :o:o:S:D

mh

I got thrown out of school twice, because of the length of my hair. In 5th. grade, I wore a flat-top. The barber got it 'too short'. I walked into class and all the kids just broke-up. Principal sent me home for 'causing a disturbance. In twelfth grade 'cus it was too long (below my collar). That was in 1964. I went-out and got a regular boys haircut, that afternoon. Went to school the next day and all the guys looked like the 'British Invasion'!:S

Chuck

I think there might be a picture or two in existence...not that I'd post them!

oooooh, does mom have any of those pictures.??? I'm so going for the dirt this weekend~ :ph34r:

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.