fireflytx

What would you do if you had a cat that peed in places she shouldn't

I am trying to make a really hard decision. I love my Trixie dearly and she is a very sweet loving cat. But she pees in corners of my house once in a while and if I block the spots off she finds somewhere else to go. It happens about once sometimes twice a week. I've tried everything and I am really thinking about having her put down especially since it will definately cause some problems in my life in the future if I don't just do it. What would you guys do?
"Well behaved women rarely make history"

they have sprays that keep cats away from certain areas. i've sprayed it while a cat was on the other side of the room and they booked the hell out of there. it apparently worked.

i've noticed that my cats pee elsewhere when their litter box is dirty, so maybe its not getting changed enough?

Some cats are funny about their litter box and won't use it more than once. My sister had a cat that did the same thing. The vet told her it was because the cat wanted a clean litter box to use. My sister ended up with two litter boxes in different places and was constantly cleaning them.

SELECT * FROM USERS WHERE CLUE > 0
(0 row(s)affected)
Failure is not an option...it is integrated with every Microsoft product.

I don't like cats, but I would never have any animal put down because she/he peed in inappropriate places. Please find her a loving home, before you put her to sleep. If you can find a way to keep her and help her to change her bad habits, then I do hope that you can do so. Good luck to you both!

I don't like cats, but I would never have any animal put down because she/he peed in inappropriate places. Please find her a loving home, before you put her to sleep. If you can find a way to keep her and help her to change her bad habits, then I do hope that you can do so. Good luck to you both!

Anyone want my kitty and think you can fix this problem? I would be more than happy to send her to you.
"Well behaved women rarely make history"

It can be a numerous reasons.
Cat's are usually really good with not peeing where they shouldn't.

Is she home a lot by herself?
Does she have lots of toys to play with?

If she is alone all day long and then maybe weekends if you go skydiving then she might need a friend.
She could be bored out of her mind.

It could also be that she has an infection.
And what happens is the cat wont pee where it should because they associate the pain with going on the litter box.

So have her checked up.
And maybe get her a little friend.
Kittens are easily accepted by other cats. It takes about a week and then they will be friends.
Don't get a grown up. That can make the problem worse...

I hope this helps.

Ankie
Skydivers are a bunch of insensitive jerks...
And that's why I don't skydive anymore!

First make sure it is behavioral issue and not an underlying illness or health problem........my cat never marked....... earlier this week she started "marking" spots.....after a trip to the vet and a check-up, we discovered she had a really severe urinary tract infection.....once the meds started,she stopped marking;)

And..........

>:(Shame on you for even thinking of putting a cat down just because of some inconvenience......that just isnt right>:(
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

Awww...you would miss your little kitty if you sent her away. Please recheck with the vet to make sure that she isn't sick. Kitty's have notoriously bad times with UTIs.

If you run out of options, PM me. I'll find your kitty a good home. I have a close friend here in SoCal, who performs animal rescues. These are mostly doggie rescues, but I'm sure that we could handle a pee-pee kitty, too. Just say the word, and I'll make some calls for you. Otherwise, good luck, and please be patient. It's very hard, but you can do it. :)

I took in an older female stray when I already had two males. She "marked" all over the place- I think she was intimidated by my other two cats, and felt insecure. (I think her previous owner probably threw her out as opposed to her wandering off and getting lost.:S) I ended up giving her to my mom, and with her, she'd go through streaks. Mostly she was fine but she did have some set backs. Any loose rug or bathmat was a target, so were dirty clothes left on the floor. All I can say is, she was lucky my mom has been smoking for over 40 years and has a severely damaged sense of smell!

Oh, and once my mom moved WITH her twice, she knew she had a permanent home.

Next time it pisses in your house soak little trixie in gas then light her up.

Ok, I know everyone around here loves to kill kittens and everything, but seriously... we're talking about a REAL cat this time...

put her down? NO. find a new home? absolutely.

Anyone want my kitty and think you can fix this problem? I would be more than happy to send her to you.

I can fix the problem alright! :D

I'm with VanillaSkyGirl, if you care about the cat, it seems a little extreme to put it down for that reason.

But if you decide to go that route, let me know, I'll save you a vet bill! I'll even give you a copy of the video if you want! :D

J
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

I hope you come and piss in my house...

I will light you up like there is no tomorrow...
So chill out with the smart remarks.
It's not funny.
To some of us, pets are like kids!!!

Ankie

Point taken. I am a dog lover and a cat hater, sorry. Two dogs here and if someone hurt them watch out.
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!